IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

I played Eagle Vines in Napa, CA today. 52 front, 47 back for 99 total. Irons off the tee on the par 3 holes really did me in. Time for some range work!

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

• Administrator

Another 77 at Lake View , this one without a single birdie.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

was 5 over through six today, had to go home to do homework.

this was my first time touching a club in TWO WEEKS because of school. birdied the second hole.
at the range i figured out how to stop slicing the ball off the tee. the minor swing changes are also helping me not hit a 40 yard hook with my irons. i was a bit inconsistent as far as ball striking, but had some nice ones in there.

play 18 on saturday, can't wait

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

After a horrible time off the tee with my driver last week I did rather well today on that front, all either on the fairway or on the first cut. Alas the wheels fell off the cart with my usually rather reliable 8 iron-SW shots in from about 160yrds. As the course has 10 par 4s that are less than 400yrds this absolutely killed me on all but two holes. One I recovered for a sand save, and the other I placed on the green for a two putt par. It is so demoralising to knock a superb 280yrd tee shot into the middle of the fairway and then thin the shot to BFE...several times!

My worst hole was an uphill 160yrd par 3 - put the tee shot in the bunker, then thinned the chip across the green into the other bunker, then duffed it in the bunker, then hit from the same bunker across back into the one I was in originally (!!). Knocked it out and two putted for a 7! The next time I was in the bunker I lifted it out perfectly two about two feet for a sand save

After being a shocking +12 after 6 holes I really considered about giving up the game, concerns over not getting back to my handicap again, not enjoying whilst playing badly etc etc. Then over the next five holes I was only +2.

The breakdown:
Out: 49 (par 36)
In: 50 (par 35)
GIRs: 2/18!
Fairways hit: 7/15
Putts: 33 (!)

From a scoring point the worst of the four rounds I've played since starting again, from a play perspective my driving saved me from cutting my own wrists in the car park on the way home

In the Matrix XTT Standbag:

Driver: Biggest Big Bertha 11*
Fairway Wood: Steelhead Plus 3 Wood
Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35 Playing again after a three year hiatus...

I shot my best round today...98. I'm terrible at this game, but I do love the sense of achievement knowing that less than a year ago I was consistently shooting between 130 - 140. Now I gotta break 90.

Bob

Bob Huddleston
Always looking for people to golf with in Memphis

In My Bag - Gigagolf
Driver/Woods: GX Squared Ti 10.5 -- 3W: GX Squared Fairway 15

Hybrids/Irons

3 HY: GX920 Hybrid 20 -- 4 HY: GX920 Hybrid 23 -- 5-9: GX920 Irons

Wedges

Pw: GX920 46 -- Aw: GX920 51 -- Sw: GX920 56 -- Lw: GX920 60

Shot 39 on the front today, 3 bogies, 6 pars.

Hole 1: Thing the 8 iron have a putt from the front of the green to the middle, maybe 50 feet. Two days ago we had terrible rain and they closed the course, pool's of water on the green. So today, I think that the green has dried out, so I hit my putt, and it hits a part of the green that was saturated with water and the ball stops dead. This leaves me with a 20' putt for my par, and just narrowly miss that.

Hole 2: Hit wrong club into the wind, came up short, and didn't get up and down

Hole 6: Hit bad drive, punch out, lay up because I was 230 out dead into a 2 club wind. Get on in 4, and par putt rolls around the cup and sits on the edge.

Other than those 3 holes I played really good, just couldn't get any putts to drop

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

Just could not get off the tee today. Really struggled with the driver but irons were great especially 150 in. Really disappointed with the round today coming off my last 2 rounds of 76,75 ended up with a frustrating 84.....
adidas.gif AG Tour Staff Bag
taylormade.gif R9 9.5*/15*
titleist.gif ZM Forged 2-P

taylormade.gif XFT Wedges 54*/60*
taylormade.gif Corza Ghost

Well my mom ended up letting me go play today!I did alright today, shot a 44. I was doing pretty good off the tee. But I couldn't do crap with my 8-pw shots. My chipping from the side of the green and putting was pretty good though.

Its not always how you drive the ball, but how it arrives.

Shot 78 with my first round playing with my new MP57's. Low round of the year for me. 1 birdie, 10 pars, 6 bogey's, 1 double.

In my SX76 StaDry
Woods: G15 9.0° BB Stiff, G10 14°
Hybrids: i15 20°, Rapture 24°
Irons: AP2 5-PW
Wedges: SM Vokey 51°, 56°, 60° Putter: Circa '62 No. 2 (Gun Metal Blue) Ball: ProV1

Shot an 84 this morning at Lake Chabot. Took my new driver -- which I'd just had cut down an inch -- out the bag for the first time and was miserable off the tee all day. Idiot clubfitter didn't add any more weight to the clubhead, so my swing-weight was C2 or something like that, so it felt like I was swinging a whiffle ball bat -- no feel at all, super light, etc. My drives were left, right, sky-balled, topped, gopher killer, downhill topspin, and last but not least the perfect crush that floated OB into the ravine I didn't know was there.

Despite my crummy driving, however, my up and down game was a thing of beauty, which saved the day over and over again. I think I only had 26-27 putts today.

Long story short, I went straight to the shop where I got my driver after the round and swapped out my really cool, super-lofted (10.5), short (- 1") driver for an off the shelf 9.5 model standard length. Which I then took out to the range and crushed over and over like a greek girl stomping grapes on the farm.

In my C-130 Cart Bag:

Driver: Titleist D2 10.5° Aldila R.I.P. 60
Woods Exotics CB4 15° Aldila R.I.P. 70
Hybrids Exotics CB4 17°, 22° Aldila R.I.P. 80 

Irons 4-PW MP-57 Project X 6.0, MP-29 PW

Wedges  Eidolon 52°, 60° Rifle Spinner 6.5

Putter Bettinardi BB12

Ball One Black

Rangefinder Nikon Laser 500"Golf...

50 on 9 holes. A few shanks and skulled shots set me back. I also putted terribly. oh well, maybe next season :(

MacTec 460 Draw Driver
V-Foil M565 Irons
MT 3 Wood
GigaGolf 52deg gap wedge
Wilson 55deg sand wedge MT Don White 60deg Lob wedgeknockoff 2-ball putter

47 over 9 holes. I drove off at the turn - it was late and the couse was full of drunk weekenders and I would have spent 3 hours to play 4 holes and would not have been able to finish before dark.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

Played with a 1 handicapper a plus 1 and a plus 3 handicappers, shot 82 with 5 three putts (greens cored couple of weeks back). Chipped and pitched like a right egg.
Was stoked to play with such good golfers though and learned a bunch about course management.

Thursday's practice round shot 15 under with 2 eagles, a few pars and the rest birdies.Well yes now that you asked it was a four man scramble, and yes we did tee off in geezerville (senior tees). Anyway the captain kept saying
we gotta do better.
Honestly the only people you can't beat at 15 under
are cheaters. So here comes Saturday's tournment and I'm thinkin gotta do better,gotta do better. Well we threw up all over ourselves and shot 10 under.
My neighbors team finished at -11 and won nothing, we finished at
-10 forth place and won $400. They got a screwy way of payouts around
here.
Never mind that I'm takin my hundred to the golf shop. First time I've ever been paid for being sick on the golf course!!!!

At the home course, today, I shot an 86. 44 on the front, 42 on the back. Nothing great, nothing horrendous. However, it was a magnificent morning! The weather was perfect; hence, spirits lifted.

My only regret is that I don't have time to play another round this afternoon.

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

Yesterday I shot a 42, my personal best. Drove the green on #3- 251 yd straight out, hit a 3 woods perfectly and landed on the green, missed eagle put, and bird put, ended with par. #4, 213 uphill slightly right, hit the 3 wood again and drove green, missed eagle put but tapped in birdie put. Today I shot a 43 at the same course. #1 241 downhill slightly, hit 3 iron, landed on green, hit pin, rolled off, lobbed on, sank bird put. #6 I chipped in from 25 feet. #9 I had birdie. Everything else was par, 2 bogs, one double, and a horrid 4 over. Should have had a 39 if I would have parred the one I shot four over on.

Driver: Hyper X Tour 10.5* Graffalloy Prolaunch Blue Stiff Shaft
Hybrid: Acer Select 5000 16* Ping Cushin Stiff Shaft
Irons: NDS 3-PW (missing #7, replaced with clone) True Temper Uniflex SpeedStep Shaft
Wedges: Acer XK Tour 56*10 Precision Stiff Shaft, Revolution 60*10 True Temper Wedgeflex

Just shot an 83, with the least amount of putts I've ever had (34)

And happy to go play next weekend!!

Driver: 909 D3 10.5 degree Aldila Voodoo S Shaft
3 Wood: MP 001
Irons: MP-67 3-PW
Wedges: 52, 56, 60
Putter: Karsten B60