IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

I managed to get 15 holes in last night after work, which was pretty amazing. Didn't bother to keep score, just enjoyed being out there.

What's in the bag
Big sticks Ping Rapture V2 9° Fusion FT-3 3-Wood, 3,4 Hybrid

Irons Ping I10 5-GW
Wedges Cleveland RTX 54° Spin Milled Vokey 60°Putter Redwood Anser Titleist NXT Tour 1500 rangefinder

Shot a 74 yesterday on a par 70 using my new Titleist 681 blades. Love them!! Was pureing all day long, but 3-putted 4 times!!!!

TaylorMade R11S TP Blur 60 X
TayloreMade R11S TP Blur 70 X

Titleist 910H 21&24
Miura Tournament Blades 5-PW DGX100 Tour Issue
Cleveland CG16 52

Miura Black Wedge 56, 60
Newport 2 Teryllium Ten

Titleist ProV1x

shot a frikken 88 today... warmup when extremely well... everything was working... got to teh first teebox and had to wait on a 3some... the whole front 9 i was waiting on every shot... these rocket scientists wouldnt let me play thru... and there wasnt anybody behind us till i got to the 4th teebox... then it started bottlenecking... it pretty much ruined my game with slow guys in front and 2 groups behind pressuring... the marshall finally got on them by the 9th... but i said screw it an just skipped that hole after standing on the teebox for 5 mins
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Shot an 81 today in the pouring rain. My swing got quick on me and was 10 over after 7 holes. Had 2 OB's, got stuck in a bunker for 2 swings, and 3 putted twice. It was an effort. Sun came out on the tee of 8 and was 1 over for the rest of the round. I'd rather finish well than start well, but I think everybody would prefer to do both. :)

TaylorMade R11S TP Blur 60 X
TayloreMade R11S TP Blur 70 X

Titleist 910H 21&24
Miura Tournament Blades 5-PW DGX100 Tour Issue
Cleveland CG16 52

Miura Black Wedge 56, 60
Newport 2 Teryllium Ten

Titleist ProV1x

... but 3-putted 4 times!!!!

I shot 39,38,39 today. I three putted three times for par. On in two and three-jack three times on par 5s. Driver was crazy long and accurate today. I did make two twenty-five footers, one for birdie, one for par. 60 degrees F in the middle of the winter.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

I shot 82 in perfect cool weather in Miami, throwing away several shots on the green. I switch putt depending on the break but today nothing would fall left handed. The cup looked like a bucket from the right side and a thimble from the left. Stubbornly I stuck to the premise instead of putting righty on some mild left to right putts.

I've been struggling with shots toward the toe of the club. Today I squared my left foot and paid more attention to alignment, which felt somewhat mechanical but the shots were straighter all day, and my best hits were flush. I watched one of those old Playing Lessons with Brad Faxon the other night. I was trying to make sure my feet and alignment would be where a pro would have them, instead of left toe open and shoulders far right, that type of thing.

Today I tinkered with my clubs and made some poor choices. At the last minute I left the 51 degree wedge at home in favor of a 54 Vokey. Big mistake. Three times in the first two holes I wanted that 51. I had 3 or 4 shots from 125 to 129 during the round and was lost without the 51. A smoother 9 wasn't working, generally fanned.

Also, I had too much of a gap between my 5 iron and 7 wood. It's an old high lofted 5 iron and I'm good for 185-187 tops. Today I had several shots of 190-200 and was struggling with a choked down 7 wood.

Monday a buddy and myself went out for a round of golf because the weather man said the temps would reach 53. Well it didn't. Maybe 45 with a 15-20mph wind and almost froze my %ze off. But, I shot a 77 and was thrilled with the score in those conditions. Today, low 60's and a beautiful day. I was 2 under going into 18 and of course screwed it up. Lost a ball so just moved on as our team had a par in the bag anyway.

I'm really excited about how may game has improved since I retired. Just proves........practice does help.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

i played 36 holes today on a par 70 course (par 35 on both sides). 42, 38, 43, 41. didn't manage a single birdie all day. just a bunch of pars and bogeys with a handful of double-bogeys thrown in.

shot 82 today... felt great... weather was nice... really crowded... got hooked up with a couple of low handicappers... i think i play better when im with competition since i dont wanna embarass myself... started off the back and didnt get a single f/w or gir but somehow managed to save a crapload of pars with my chipping an putting... the front was the opposite... lots of f/w... a few girs... but the greens seemed much bigger... it was a fun day

71 today (level par)! Quite frosty so was amazed they had us on the full greens. Thawing out on the back 9 but still quite hard at an inch or so depth. Hard to shoot at flags but I'm not complaining! Looking forward to the Summer .

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yesterday shot 1 over 73 with 3 birdies. Another good putting and chipping day. Only hit 9 greens so very pleased with my short game. I'm scoring as well or better than I do during the summer. Crazy.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

shot 89 yesterday, ugly front 9 of 49, much better back 9. Putting has been an issue recently, not accelerating through impact and end up pushing my short ones. COuld have been a lot better, but happy to be playing.

What's in the bag
Big sticks Ping Rapture V2 9° Fusion FT-3 3-Wood, 3,4 Hybrid

Irons Ping I10 5-GW
Wedges Cleveland RTX 54° Spin Milled Vokey 60°Putter Redwood Anser Titleist NXT Tour 1500 rangefinder

i had alot of fun today... it was overcast 69*...
shot an 88... i had 2 par 4 blow up holes on the front for a pair of triples but the back was great and finished 18 with a bird... had me in a great mood all day

75 today on a cool day. Suppose to be mid 60's Saturday so looking forward to that.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

Average as usual shot 53 over 9 holes on a course I hadn't played before.Over 18 I average 106 according to the handicap tracker so no worse no better,but looking at individual shots now I,m making improvement.

It's still the odd ball out of bounds and a duffed ball along the ground or the 3 putt that gives me a 6 instead of a 5.How to find that extra stroke saved.

"Repetition is the chariot of genius"

Driver: BENROSS VX PROTO 10.5
Woods: BENROSS QUAD SPEED FAIRWAY 15"
Hybrids:BENROSS 3G 17" BENROSSV5 Escape 20"
Irons: :wilson: DEEP RED Fluid Feel  4-SW
Putter: BENROSS PURE RED
Balls: :wilsonstaff:  Ti DNA