IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

81 with a dumb double. Course has extremely thick Bermuda rough that the ball goes right to the bottom of. Anything in the rough is at least a half stroke lost. Note to self, just don't hit it in the rough!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've shot 1-over in each of the last two rounds of nine holes I've played; put up a 36 today and a 37 earlier this week. Haven't put together two good nine-hole rounds in a long time.

-Rich

85 today!!  First time breaking 90.   I am pumped!!

• Upvote 1

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

shot a 45 on a par 29 executive course. flew the first three greens before i figured out that my new swing meant i was hitting a club and a half to two clubs longer than i'm used to.

would have been a better score if my short game wasn't a disaster (complete lack of practice on my part, too busy with the new full swing) and the 7 i put up on the 90 yard last hole. a week ago i gave a 58* a full swing and came up 10' short of the green (pin was in the very front, today it was in the back), so i brought my 54*, took a new improved full swing and flew the green, the 5 yards behind the green, and landed it on the pavement where it took three huge bounces and rolled all the way down to the reception area of a wedding (that had thankfully moved inside). i took out my 60* took a full swing and flew the green again and had to work my way back, but i made a sweet 8' putt with my wedge.

going to play 18 tomorrow, but i feel like what john daly was saying a week or two ago about hitting good golf shots but not scoring well. obviously i'm not even remotely close to being good and i would bet triple digits for me tomorrow, but i actually looked like a golfer tonight and it felt good.

G25 Driver (10.5* Stiff Flex)

G20 3 Wood (15* Stiff Flex)

i15 3 Hybrid (20* Stiff Flex)

i20 Hybrid (23* Stiff Flex)

JPX 800 (5-AW)

T11 54* (9* Bounce) and 58* (10* Bounce) w/DG Spinner Shafts

Tracy

My ball is anything on sale

Shot a 93 today at a course I don't play at often. My irons were pretty good today, did not hit a lot of GIRs but several that were just off and I was able to get close with my chipping.  My putting probably the least I have ever had in a round but this was mostly due to my chipping.

Loving my new clubs, I was not able to hit my old 5 iron at all and I was able to get a good 180-190 yards out of my new one.  The lofts are a jacked on my new irons which is why I am getting more distance but I can still hit this 5 iron way better than my old one and get a higher better ball flight as well.

I shot an 84 today and was +8 on my points.......grabbed first place and a skin for $100! This is a weekly game we play every Saturday at Pebble Creek in Tampa, FL.....usually about 24 to 30 players.

Weather is beyond a joke now. Longest wettest winter in i dont know how long. Casual water on every hole. 9,18,10 and 1 all had temporary tees because the fairways were ruined and it was preferred lies and you had the option to tee it up. Needless to say it was a non handicapped event. I had some self respect though and didnt tee it up on the fairway, preferred lies is bad enough.

Ended up shooting +8. Poor front nine but then driver started working on the back and i got on the par train. Only 3 weeks until spring!

909 D2 10.5* Aldila NVS Reg 65g

Baffler T-Rail 16*

R7 19*

Fli-Hi 21*

FP 5-PW

52* 56* 60* Vokey Spin Milled

Flat Stick

Shot an 83 - best round of the year and second lowest score I've got on this course (71.3 / 129). Only 27 putts, which is crazy for me, and made all the difference.

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

109. irons were good except for maybe 3 shots, 3 wood was ridiculously good (should have played it all day), trouble with hybrid and trouble with driver. short game was abysmal. i love my ecco street premiers, but i teed off at 6:30 with dew covering the entire course and i slipped a couple times and my lower legs do not feel good. might have to break out the spikes if i play in wet conditions again.

good time with the wife though, we both had shots to be proud of even if we both played 10x better yesterday than today.

G25 Driver (10.5* Stiff Flex)

G20 3 Wood (15* Stiff Flex)

i15 3 Hybrid (20* Stiff Flex)

i20 Hybrid (23* Stiff Flex)

JPX 800 (5-AW)

T11 54* (9* Bounce) and 58* (10* Bounce) w/DG Spinner Shafts

Tracy

My ball is anything on sale

Went out for the first time in 3 weeks and the return couldn't have been better. Shot a 95 (goal of breaking 100, check) with a 50 on the front and a 45 on the back. Easy to see why: lost only 1 ball (water) and putted very well, with no 3 putts. Also avoided the blowup hole, with nothing higher than a 7. Even made my first birdie, draining a 35-foot putt on 10. Just missed another on 11, rolling a foot by and an inch to the left. Man I love this game.

Shot a 40 (+5, 32.6/118). Played really well. My driver was great today. My iron approach shots were great, hit many more GIR than usual. My putting was OK, just couldn't convert a GIR into a birdie and had 3 3-putts. On #5, my drive left me with a 210 yard shot to get on in two. I pulled my 3w and put it to about 12 feet. I couldn't get the eagle but did get the birdie. Going to #8, I was +2. I had a beautiful tee shot which left 175 to the pin. Once I got to my ball it was in an old divot that was regrowing and I mistakenly didn't adjust for it. I pulled my 4h, which I normally do for my second shot here, and stroked it right into the water. Going for it in 2 on #8 requires a water carry, nothing dramatic, but you have to make a solid shot. Well, I didn't and it line drived square into the water. I put my next shot over the green, skulled my chip back across, and 3 putted for a triple. Ugh. I was so close to the 39 I could feel it.

Driver: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 10.5* Woods: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 3w 15*, 5w 18* Hybrid: TaylorMade Burner SuperFast 2.0 Rescue -- 4h 21* Irons: TaylorMade Burner Plus -- 5-AW Wedges: TaylorMade RAC -- 56.12, 60.07 Putter: TaylorMade Spider Ghost -- 35" Ball: It's complicated.

75.1cr 141 slope 7122yds.......77

I played well, but could not hole any putts!  Aaaargh..... I had several good birdie looks, but only made 1.  I also missed a couple shortish par saving putts...  I was rolling the ball well, but it was just one of those days when they refused to drop.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

I had several birdie and par chances but I could not get my putter going.  I was just completely off and uncomfortable with it.

Driver:    SLDR TP 9.5* (Tour AD DI 6S)

Wood:   Jetspeed 3W (Aldilia RIP Alpha) & SLDR 5W (Diamana Kai'li)

Hybrids: Rescue 11 3H (18*) & Rescue 11 4H (21*)

Irons:     Rocketbladez Tour 4-PW

Wedge:   ATV 52* & 58*

Putter:   Bettinardi Signature 6

Originally Posted by applejr

Personal best of 91 today. That includes a 9 on a par 5...so I could've broken 90. Oh well, fun day of golf, including about a 30 foot birdie putt.

Beat my personal best again a week later, shooting an 88. As good as I've ever driven the ball, hit 12/14 fairways and missed another by a foot. Bogey golf is just so much more enjoyable than double bogey/triple bogey golf.

In my Bag (work in progress):

Driver: TaylorMade 10.5* R11, Regular Shaft
3W: TaylorMade Burner 15*

3Hy: Nike SQ Sumo Hybrid
Irons: 2005 TaylorMade Rac OS, 4-AW

Wedge: Cleveland CG14 56*, old dingy 64* wedge that I have no business using

Putter: Odyssey White Hot Tour Putter or a Cleveland Classic Anser-Style

Kicks: Footjoy E-Comforts

Ball: Used Titleist DT Solos.

Shot 88 (44-44) at Salt Creek (70/122) on Saturday.  Second round with my new irons - hit some very nice shots and a couple of bad ones.  Putting let me down - 41 total putts and 4 3 putt bogeys.  Played smart off the tee, only hit driver 7 times.  57.8% fairways & 38.9% greens, only had 1 penalty stroke.  Still need to get off the tee better...

Highlights/lowlights:

• Played my hybrid off the tee on #1 to avoid the bunker down the right, hooked it into the bunker on the left, fatted it out, hit a wedge to 60', 3 putt for a double.  Ugh, way to start.
  • Downhill 9i from 153 on #3 pulled to the left side of the green.  Decent lag putt to 4', lipped out the par putt.
  • Driver from the tee on the 461 yard par 5 6th hole leaves me with 6 iron in.  Hit it a bit heavy, came up about 10 short of the green.  A poor pitch and three putts later it's a bogey.
  • Striped a 6i on the 182 yard par 3 7th.  Hit it too good - 195 yards to the back of the green.  Made a hell of a lag putt to the front hole location to have a tap in par.
  • Smart play with a 3w off the tee on the 328 yard 10th left me with 69 to the flag.  A 3/4 60* went too far and left 20' down the hill for birdie.  Too aggressive on the putt left me with 6' coming back.  Missed it for my 4th 3 putt bogey of the round.
  • Choked down 6i on the 175 yard 13th went right of the bunkers on the right and started rolling back down into them.  Until it went into a ground squirrel hole.  Drop ended up being in a terrible lie, put it over the green, stubbed a chip, on in 4 and 1 putt for my second double.
  • Hit it more than 300 yards off the tee at 15, in the fairway just short of the green.  Bump and run 8i bounced really soft, ended up short of the green.  A chip and 2 putts left me with a bogey for the second time when I was within 25 yards of the green for my official approach.
  • A driver and a 60* wedge on 16 left me with 15 feet or so, but couldn't make the putt...
  • 8 iron right over the stick on 17 from 155.  The ball backed up about a foot, but needed to come back 2 to catch the slope back down to the hole.  2 putts for par.

Oh well, hopefully I get a chance to practice this week ahead of Friday's 9 hole glow golf tournament and Saturday at Torrey Pines North...

:tmade: R11 9* Blur Stiff --- R11 14* 3w Blur Stiff --- Rescue 11 21* Aldila RIP Stiff :tmade: Tour Preferred CB 3i-6i --- MC 7i --- MB 8i-PW - Project X Flighted 6.0, custom lie and lofts :vokey: Oil Can 52.08 --- Oil Can 56.11 --- Oil Can 60.07 :cameron: 1996 Catalina - Custom specs made @ :titleist:

Chris,

Where can I get access to that neat scoring chart I see you've used, and so many other people here seem to use. I made an Excel spreadsheet doing the same thing, but it seems that you guys beat me to it.

Thanks,

MJM