IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

43 for the first 9 of Fox Run (72/137). I was brutally honest about the score, only giving myself a mulligan on the first tee (a topper that went 10 feet).

So, wait, you were "brutally honest", but you took a mulligan. I thought there weren't any mulligans in golf?

We had week one of my company's golf league last night at Flatirons in Boulder. I shot a 51, net 37 - my league handicap was 14 for this week, goes up to 15 for next week. Not a great round for me although I did hit about 3 putts in the 8-10 foot range. Also missed a couple of 3 footers. 18 putts total. I did win my match, getting 6.5 out of 9 points. Also, my partner and I won an extra 4 points by winning the low net of both our scores.

Bag: Grom
Driver: HiBore 10.5° Fuji Stiff
3W: V-Steel 15° Graphite Designs YS-6 Stiff
3h-4h: Bobby Jones Stiff
5i-PW: CG4 Steel StiffWedges: 588 DSG RTG 52°, 900 RTG 56° Low bounce, Reg. 588 RTG 60°Putter: Dead CenterBalls: Pro V1 Speed Cart V1Home Courses: Riverdale Dunes / Knolls,...

So, wait, you were "brutally honest", but you took a mulligan. I thought there weren't any mulligans in golf?

Breakfast ball.

In the good old days, I was liable to take three or four mulligans per hole , so I'm doing a lot better now.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Shot 89 yesterday.... but a 41 on the back. That's 3 straight rounds with 43 or better on one of the 9's!

Home Course:
Town of Colonie (69.7-70.1, 119-125)

Well...We won low net today at a tourney at The Hyatt in Cambridge, Maryland. It was one of those Texas stlye tourneys. Play the best drive then your own ball in. Greens were super fast today.

Eric Camper
Driver: 450*
Hybrid: Nickent 2/17*
Hybrid: Nickent 4/23*
Irons: Ti-100 5-SWPutter: Craz-e

48 on 9 holes today, at the front 9 of The Willows. For some reason, on the second, third, and fifth holes, my balls were inexplicably attracted to the lake, and I racked up some big scores there, doubling or tripling all of the water holes. I got my shit together on the last 3 holes, getting 3 par's to end with a halfway decent score. My drives were pretty good, and my iron play was solid. I managed to cut the corner on a par 5 with my three iron, the same corner which I could barely cut with driver a month ago.

2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

After shooting two unspetacular rounds of 86, one where I had 39 putts and the other where I had 26 putts (but only hit 2 GIR - go figure), I shot an 81 yesterday with swirling winds. A little better but not as good as I've done nor want to do.

Driver: Ping Rapture V2 9° TFS Stiff | 3 wood: Exotics CB 15° Fujikura HL Stiff | Hybrids: Adams Idea Tech V3 16° Stiff, TM Burner Rescue 19° & 22° REAX Stiff | Irons: Titleist 735.CM DG S300 5-PW | Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 254.10, 258.08 | Putter: Rossa Imola 34"

Shot an 80 today. Got a double bogey on 1 whole, missed an easy birdie putt and an easy 2 par putts. Kinda fell apart on the last hole getting a bogey. My putting was pretty good today and i made a nice long birdie putt. I also chipped in today for birdie so that was pretty awsome. in total it was a good rouind but it would have been amazing if i came out with a few more pars.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Shot a one under 71 today, pretty good considering I was 4 over after three holes. Started bogey, double bogey, bogey, but didn't have another over par hole the rest of the round. Eagled the 17th hole and birdied the 18th to finish the round much better than I began it.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I shot a really ugly 102 at Fox Run today. On the front nine, I couldn't hit the ball squarely to save my life. I was spraying my drives and my irons couldn't get me on the green. I'd seen places I'd never seen before on that golf course. It all went to shit on the 9th hole. The story of that hole is a comedy and a tragedy all in one.

See, I had a 43 after 8 holes, and by and large, I could salvage an acceptable score if I could get out of here and make the turn without a snowman, or worse. The 18th hole (I started out on the back nine) is a par five, about 515 yards from the men's tees. You take a shot uphill, about 240 yards, and then it doglegs right from there. Cutting the corner is a bad idea because there's a creek down there, and it's gotten it's share of my balls. The dog-leg right (90 degrees), and then about another 60 yards of fairway before you're up in front of this massive lake. You've still got about 200 to the hole, and a new stretch of fairway is on the right side of that, lined with fairway traps on the right side, leading up to the green right next to the other end of the lake. I've gotten my share of snowmen and double-digit scores here before. The best I've ever done was a bogey six.

So, I pulled out the driver and fired down the fairway. It doglegs to the right after about 240 yards--predictably, I hit it long and found myself in a fairway trap. Ok, no problem. I'll just hit a 3 iron out to the right, take the lake out of play, hit my next shot close, and two-putt for par. I yanked it left and my Pinnacle got wet. Still, no problem. I'll go up about 50 yards to the drop area, cut a big 3-wood over the lake straight at the green, get it close and save par.

Splash. Shit! Now I'm hitting six, in the exact same spot. Forget saving par, forget saving a decent score, forget staying below 50 for the 9 holes. But, I have that shot.

Splash.

Thunk. Solid ground at last, well, sort of, I was buried in a greenside bunker. (8)

Skulled sand wedge to other side of green, went off the other side, about 2 feet from the lake, in an especially shitty uphill lie and in some serious cabbage. (9)

60 degree wedge to 10 feet. (10)

Two putt. (12)

I ended up with an ugly ass 55 on the front 9, the worst I've shot in about two years. I got my shit together off the tees on the back nine, which put me in some better position to make up lost strokes, but I collapsed on the last two holes, putting one ball in the woods on 8 and two balls in the creek on 9, with some seriously high scores, to end up with a 47.

It's been the first time I shot over 100, and I lost about 15 balls today.

Edit: I yanked this image off Google Earth to help my description of the hole. The tee boxes are at the bottom, green's up top right.

Second Edit: I just noticed how similar this is to when John Daly got himself an 18...

Shot a 78 today at a different golf course (65.5/103) i coulda done better seeing as i choked on a par 5 making it onto the rough pin high in 2 and then chipping 15 feet past the hole and then coming short on my birdie putt then missing my par putt. No highlites today... besides getting to drive a golf cart and getting air.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

43 on the front 9 of The Willows. Surprisingly, I kept all my tee shots in bounds (seeing as I teed off with the 3 iron several times, including some 230+ yard shots), and my chipping was pretty good. I only put one ball in the water (I recovered by hitting a wedge to within 3 feet and saving my bogey), and didn't lose a single ball to the cabbage, or worse, out of bounds.

My putting was a little better, I have a problem with leaving par putts about 2 inches short of the hole, dead on line. (19 putts)

Except for the 3rd hole. I drove the green in one (305 yards, par 4) and then four-putted.

Shot 40 today, 41 Yesterday, 33 the day before (best round EVER).

I birdied number one today and had high hopes, but I just couldn't keep it going and made 5 bogeys.

:(
"The general knowledge in the United States about Australia is low. Everybody thinks we ride kangaroos to school. You don't ever take a kangaroo to school. You take them to the supermarket because you can put groceries in the pouch. "

- Stuart Appleby

In The Bag:Driver - 9.5° XTD Pro Graphite...

I've had 3 nine hole rounds since my last post. Although not sure if I posted my unimpressive 87 on 5/4/07. 40, 39 and 41. It's an easy course but I'm playing a little better than I was earlier in the season. What was my worst club in the bag last year, my driver, is quickly becoming my best this year. I'm driving the ball pretty well. My short game is rounding into form as well but I'm still not happy with my iron play. I haven't been hitting a lot of greens. I am working on a new move to quiet my arms and involve my lower body more.

I feel like I'm rolling the ball much better on the greens but haven't been making a whole lot. I feel good over it (a change from a couple weeks ago) so I think I just have to keep hitting good putts and they'll eventually go in.

What I am really striving for is consistancy with all facets of my game. My scores have been pretty consistant but the way I get those scores has not. I'm tired of having days where I stripe my tee shots and can't hit an iron to save my life, or driving it all over the map but hitting great iron shots to get me out of trouble, or being solid tee to green but missing everything outside of kick in range. Ahh yes, this is golf, keep working at it!

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

93. Blech. Duck-hooked the teeshot on 18; couldn't find it - had to go back and re-tee (always a good look when there's other golfers waiting to tee off). Fortunately, I piped one down the middle.

Having kids is not good for the ol' golf game! Goodbye 13 handicap this year...

In my bag...
DRIVER: TaylorMade R5, 9.5
HYBRID: Halo 2i
IRONS: FTX
WEDGES: 52, 56, Izett 60PUTTER: Cameron Circa 62 #3

I shot 79 today: 45 on the front nine and 34 on the back nine.

When the round started, I didn't feel anything. My drives were all over the place and my putting was horrible. However, after eight holes of not feeling anything, I warmed up and then shot two under par on the back nine.

Roy Harris

What's in my bag:

Driver: Taylormade Super Quad, Diamana shaft, Winn G8 V17 Oversized grips
Fairway: Nickent 4DX, Diamana shaft, Winn G8 V17 Oversized grips
Irons: Cleveland TA 2, TT S300 shaft, Winn G8 V17 Oversized gripsWedges: Cleveland, TT S300 shaft, Winn G8 V17 Oversized gripsPutter: Scotty...

I shot a 97 today. Really need to work on those really, really long putts 50' plus ones. 3 putted a few of those today. And the infamous blowup holes. If I could get rid of them also would drastically improve my game. I had a 2 Quads, and 1 Triple and usually out of frustration.

In My Bag:
Driver: R9 TP 9.5°
Hybrids: Idea Pro, 16°, 20°, VS Proto
Irons: TP MB 4-P
Wedges: Vokey SM 50.08 54°, 60°Putter: NP2

Shot 84 today
Best score ive had so far. Been playing for 10 months now and cant get enough of this sport!!
With 35 putts, i could improve my score incredibly by lowering that amount and hopefully break 80 in the near future!
Practise, practise practise

Shot an 84. Went 38-46 though, which made it painful. I hate throwing away a good front nine

My bag:

Driver: Cobra AMP 9.5 degree w/ GD6 stiff flex shaft

3 Wood: Ping Anser 14.5 degree THC-800 stiff flex shaft

Hybrid: Titleist 910H 19 degree Mitsubishi Kiani Blue stiff flex shaft

Irons: Nike Pro Combo Tour 4-PW Dynamic Gold S300 shafts

Wedges: Titleist Bob Vokey 52-8, 56-11 and 60-4

Putter: 2-Ball White Steel, 34" bent 1 degree flat