IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Did'nt get to play until about 6pm today so i only got nine holes in but had a great nine holes. Shot a 35, 1 under, Birdied the first hole and pared the rest. No exciting shots but the most solid golf I've played this year, hit every fairway and only missed one green. Got into a great rhythm only wish i could have played 18.

Driver:Titleist 905R YS6 Stiff
3 Wood: Mizuno F-50 15 Degree
Irons 3-9: Nike Pro Combo Tour
Wedges: 48,52,60 Titleist Vokey Oil Can
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5Ball: Pro V1

Well, I played my first ever 18 yesterday. I've played 9 with some people from work twice before this, so still pretty new. Relatively short course (about 6500, 71.1/129). Short game was awful, had a four putt and a five putt on the front 9. Then proceeded to notch an 11 on a par 4 on the back 9. Shot 62 on the front and 53 on the back. Having eight 3 putts, a 4 putt, and a 5 putt will pretty much kill anyone's round. Pretty much cost myself a ton of strokes with shots inside of 50 yards. Hit my irons pretty well overall. Including the first birdie on a 160 yard par three where I hit the tee shot to about 2 feet. Pretty much as expected I guess, a few good shots, a lot of bad ones. Take it easy on the newbie.

New Driver Ordered
New 3 Wood Ordered
Two New Hybrids Ordered
I-701 Irons 5-PW w/ Rifle 5.0
Callaway X-Forged Vintage Wedges 50/12, 54/14, 58/10 (C-Grind Sole) w/ Rifle 5.5Yes! Marilyn 33" Z-URS ||| SkyCaddie SG 2.5 ||| Clicgear Model 2.0

• Administrator
76, following a 75 yesterday. I had two doubles in a row on the back nine (was -1 for the back). I was -2 on the front until bogeys at 7, 8, 9. Not really the result of bad swings, just didn't catch any breaks on those holes at all.

Back-to-back birdies at 4 and 5 were nice. Good up and down at 6.

Hit a ball in a lateral hazard at 12 and still made a par (five), which was nice. Holed a 36-foot putt on the 14th for birdie after a lame bogey at 13. Then went par (nearly holed a chip), double, double, par. I may have been rushing a bit, but really they were just bad, bad swings. Made a good up-and-down at the last for par.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Did'nt get to play until about 6pm today so i only got nine holes in but had a great nine holes. Shot a 35, 1 under, Birdied the first hole and pared the rest. No exciting shots but the most solid golf I've played this year, hit every fairway and only missed one green. Got into a great rhythm only wish i could have played 18.

Great round man. I hate it when Im playing good but have to stop after nine.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Shot a 91 yesterday in some heat at my home course, which is pretty good for me. Take out a couple doubles I had because of ridiculous shots and I'm upper 80s, which is great for me!

Good luck,
Ryan
ogio.gif Vision SS Bag:
cleveland.gif Launcher DST 10.5*  taylormade.gif R9 16.5* 4W
taylormade.gif Rescue Dual 19*  taylormade.gif Burner 2.0 4-PW
vokey.gif 250.08, Spin Milled 54.10, and 58.08
yesgolf.gif Callie  bridgestone.gif B330

Great round man. I hate it when Im playing good but have to stop after nine.

Thanks man. I figured after getting cut off at 9 last night I would go out this morning. Best round I've shot. Shot a 3 under 69 one off the course record. I felt that I could have gone lower a lot of putts liped out but it's golf that happens. Finished the day with 5 birdies and two bogeys. The bogeys came from the only two fairways I missed and didn't have a good enough look at the flag to really go for it. I'll most likely go back out later on and try to stay in this groove I've had for the past few days.

Driver:Titleist 905R YS6 Stiff
3 Wood: Mizuno F-50 15 Degree
Irons 3-9: Nike Pro Combo Tour
Wedges: 48,52,60 Titleist Vokey Oil Can
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5Ball: Pro V1

87. 30 putts on the day. I'm not sure how I shot so high..I guess my high irons weren't as good as normal. Hmm with 30 putts it's hard to shoot a freaking 87..and I can't really remember too many thin/fat shots. Oh well, I was very pleased with my play today.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW

played 3 rounds this weekend.
First... shot a 71 (-1) @ Gaines County about an hour from here, bogeyed 17 after a nerve rattling 7iron comes up short (had a shot to break 70 for the first time.....SHANK!) hittin crisp irons all day and duff the hell outta this one.
Second...shot an 82 on the same course, 42 on the front was slightly worse than the 34 i posted about two hours before....
Third....played a tournament at a course in town and shot a 77 with a double (tried to kill a drive on the long drive hole :) oooops....SNAP LEFT!. won the tourney though....only 7 players entered.

Sumo 5000 10.5 Aldila NV 65-X Driver
PC-III 4-SW irons
Custom Putter
Pro-V1 Balls

Today I had a 98.. first time I've ever played 18 [played 9 about 5 or 6 times].. 50 then 48 on a 70.0 rated course, par 71. So, I was 27 over par, but, I did get my first ever par, and I got 2 today, backk to back [par 5, and par 4 on holes 6-7].

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5*
3W: r7 Draw 15*
2H: Slingshot Hybrid 17*
7W: Launcher Sport 22*
Irons: Launcher 5-PWGW: X-Tour 50*SW: SV Tour 56*Putter: Sabertooth 34"Ball: TaylorMade TP LD Red

shot 36 (+1). made a little change to my course management since i was having trouble keeping the ball on the course. stopped hitting my driver and hit my 3-wood instead. Also, i hit it straight off the ground instead of teed low. Accuracy improved 200%. hit 6 of 7 fairways (and the miss was 3 inches) into the first cut. probably only lost about 7-10 yards of distance-- was still hitting it around 235-240 every time.

What's in the bag:

Driver: Adams 9064LS (project RIP Shaft) 9.5 degree
3 Wood: Titleist 909R 14.5 degree
Hybrid 3-iron: 19 degree Tour Professional (bent to 18 degrees)Hybrid 4-iron: 21 degree Tour ProfessionalIrons: Tour X-20 5-PW Project X 6.0 shaftsGap Wedge: Mizuno MP10 52.08 Sand Wedge: Mizuno MP10 58.10 Lob Wedge: Nike 62.06

Shot 86 today (68.6 107), but went out in 38. On the front, I wasn't driving the ball very far (215 avg.), but it's a short course and I wound up with a lot of full irons into greens and was really sticking shots. I played the front with 1 birdie, 4 pars and 4 bogeys. I started the back with double, double, double because of a bad chip on each. On #17 (160 yard par 3), I hit about 3 inches behind the ball off the tee, leaving myself with 100 to the flag. I hit a pure GW but caught a gust of wind and it fell short into a bunker. Because we'd had rain, and based on how the ball was sitting on how the sand felt, I tried to pick the ball of the sand. No dice. Sand was super soft and I left it in. Wound up with a 6.

I did hit 2 great draw shots today. One from 186 out on a par 5 where I had to go around a tree. It was at least a 30 yard draw and wound up just a hair long.
Driver: Sumo 10.5°
3 Wood: T40
2 Hybrid: Rescue Dual 16°
3 Hybrid: Rescue Dual 19°
4 Hybrid: Rescue Dual 22°Irons: RAC OS 5-PWWedge: CG12 52°Wedge: 56° SWPutter: RossaBall: Titliest NXT Tour

I played at the course I am a member at, shot a four over - 40. I was very very pleased with my round. Early in the morning I picked up a sand wedge from a local golf shop from me, and as all of you know I've been looking for one. So I got a Ping 56* tour model at $50 (used be GREAT condition) and I was amazed at the price so i snatched it.

Anyway, about my round - so I shot a 40, and it was one of my best ball striking rounds ever. The course isn't hard at all, but I feel I had a chance to shoot 80-82 for the first time in my life. I was disappointed the weather is awful here, which made us have to stop through nine. Oh well, only 14 putts on the day as well through 9 holes, and the tips that were given to me about lag putting were VERY helpful.(thanks for the pointers guys)...So yeah, I can't get away from golf. I have played for 13 straight days now whether it was the driving range, or just playing nine holes...I play everyday and I'm addicted! I can't take a day off!

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW

• Administrator

82. Nothing horrible... just "ugh" all the way around. Didn't miss in the right spots, would follow a pretty good shot with an average shot at best. Didn't get any breaks. Eh. Just one of those rounds that would totally piss you off if you were playing against someone, but which, in my situation, will just not count for handicaps.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I shot a 77 yesterday.

My previous best was 85. I just came out with no nerves, no pressure, no anxiety. The game came so easy for some reason.

In my bag:

Driver: Cleveland Hibore XL 9.5*
Hybrids: Cleveland HiBore 19*
Nike Slingshot 23*Irons: Titleist 775 CBWedges: Titleist Vokey 54.10 Callaway X-Tour 58.12

I shot a 39 last night in my league. Played the same 9 where I shot a 50 last week. Talk about feast or famine.

For some reason I felt very comfortable over the ball and had a lot of confidence in the shots I was trying to make. Birdied the first hole, then bogeyed the next 4, but ended with 4 straight pars.

Not sure where that came from but I sure hope it stays!!

• Administrator

76 at Whispering Woods. No birdies today, but that also means only four bogeys.

Score: 38/38 = 76
Putts: 15/15 = 30
Fairway: 85.7/71.4 = 78.6%
GIR: 44.4/44.4 = 44.4%

81 today.

Not terrible but it came off of a 77 two days ago.

This I really had to grind to shoot an 81. I did eagle a 500 yd par 5 with a pond guarding the front. I hit a hybrid from 225 to 10 feet.

In my bag:

Driver: Cleveland Hibore XL 9.5*
Hybrids: Cleveland HiBore 19*
Nike Slingshot 23*Irons: Titleist 775 CBWedges: Titleist Vokey 54.10 Callaway X-Tour 58.12

Last night in my league I had my worst hole of the year on the 1st. It's a 220 yard par 3 and I have played it reasonably well this year. It was into a stiff breeze last night. I pulled my tee shot left, but it was not too bad since all the real trouble is left. I proceed to chunk my second and then skull my third over the green into waist high heather. After the lost ball I return to the spot of my third for what is now my 5th. Of course I pop this one up and leave it just off the green in the first cut. Since I left my bag by the 2nd tee and only had my gap wedge and putter I decide to chip with the wedge even when I know I will leave it short. Of course I do and end up with a 15 footer for 7. I lip out and tap in for a quintuple bogey 8 on the first hole of the night. I played the next 8 in +5 and shot a 41. The killer is that the rest of the round was not too bad. If I manage to even make a double on the first I end up with a 38. My opponent was not there and will be making it up on Monday. I am giving him 4 shots. His average is 45.5 so it will be tight.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...