IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

After posting a 79 yesterday, today i shoot a 77. Had a chance for eagle on 16 but missed. No real highlights this round, just solid play. Only 3 putted once. Driving was fantastic hitting 10/13 fairways. i think i had 8 GIR's though. I am although impressed with my finish and not folding under pressure finishing with birdie,par,par.

• Replies 18.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had the game of my life this morning. Shot my age - 68. Par   4   4   4   3   5   4   5   3   4   36     4   3   5   3   4   4   5   4   4    36   72 Me    4   4   3   2   5   3   6   2   4 

41-39-80 at Stoneleigh Golf & CC other than a topped first drive and a couple of 3 putts played pretty well in a windy day with @GolfLug @billchao @Hardspoon And the Aimpoint class with

CAREER BEST! Played my home course. Birdie at 1 to get the day rolling and never looked back. 3 birds on the front to one bogey to play the front -2. Had 2 birdies and 2 bogeys on back for an even bac

Posted Images

91. Good on the front (34 after 8) until I topped my drive on 9, hit a 3 wood into the trees, and then proceeded to hit the same damn tree three times trying to punch out on my way to a snowman. Back was just...bad. I was in the wrong fairway more often than the right fairway. I'd drive a ball 250 out, and 250 to the side. Solid iron play, especially sticking it close out of bad lies (and wrong fairways). Three putted 4 times (all of which were GIR's, so that's friggen' annoying...), but thank God for no four putts. (36 putts) Came back in a much less satisfying 49...ugh.

Bad holes:

#9. Hit the same tree three times. Got an 8.
#13. Boom. Shank off the tee. Second shot, a PW, flew the green. Chili-dipped the next one. Triple bogey 6.
#17. Banana ball 200 yards right, onto #11 of another course. Proceeded to dub my way up the fairway, another 8.

I shot a dismal 101, 52-49, after consistently being able to break 90 I have not been able to break 100 for my last 3 rounds. My slight slice off the tee has turned into a violent hook, I think I lost 4 balls off the tee in a row. Ah well, still in love with the game!

I shot 39-43.

I left a lot of birdies out there today. I don't normally shoot for birdies, I take them as they come but today they were begging to be taken. I just didn't convert on those 7 foot putts. I should have played the par 5's in -4. Instead, I played them even.

I did go on a par binge after getting up and down from 70 yards. I holed a 20 foot putt that broke twice (mostly luck) to start a run of 7 straight pars.

My mental game was weak today. I am the first one out at my club most of the time and every hole seems to be crawling with maintenance workers. I don't know what they did yesterday on the closed day but they sure cut a hell of a lot of grass today. They drove me nuts.

I shot an 86, with dismal putting. My ball striking was awesome though, and especially my driver - wow! My driver was really working today, dang! lol...

But all in all, 86 is one of my lower scores this year...It was on a respectable 6500 yard course, so I was very happy overall with my play.

I shot 38 and my putting was slightly better than yesterday but my Iron ball striking was quite terrible.

For example on the 5th hole I was 165 out in the center of the fairway on a par-5 after my drive and managed to make bogey after hooking my 8-Iron into a greenside lake.

Played Tidewater and the surf club this previous week down in Myrtle Beach, SC. I did my usual "blow up" when i get in superhot weather and shot horribly. Did play Tidewater from the tips which is a pretty tough course from there. Lots of fun as well if any of you ever get the chance, its an incredible course.

Finally had a good week in my league (9 holes, par 34). Shot 36. Actually drove very poorly, but my short game was solid and I dropped a few nice putts.

Shot an 85 this morning, which moved my (running) handicap to 18.8. I looked back at my statistics for the last couple of years and found that my handicap was 26.4 on 7/2/06. I've improved my handicap by almost 29% in 1 year! My goal at the beginning of this season was to get to 18 (be a "bogey golfer") but I wasn't sure that it would really happen. I'm hitting many more GIR and when I miss, I'm not missing by as much. I'm also not getting myself into trouble as often. I'm losing some strokes right now because I'm experimenting with a ball change and my putting distance is suffering (I'm not consistently around the hole with my first putt. I leave too many way short or way long).

43 on a 9 holer. Pretty good considering I'm still struggling with driving accuracy.

I hit no fairways today. Period. Thankfully I had solid iron play (hit 4 GIR's despite no fairways) which allowed me to get out of some incredibly bad lies, especially in, under, and around trees. God, I hate trees. Golf would be so much better if the only trees on the course were next to the tee box so you could sit in the shade waiting to tee off. The only mishit iron shot I can remember today was a toed 3 iron off #9 tee.

Chipping was so-so, and my putting is getting there. My lag putting still sucks, but I'm getting the ball in the hole pretty regularly within five feet nowadays. Three-jacked only twice, was pretty proud of that.

Even par 72 from the back tees at Angeles National. Scorecard attached below...

Super strong start. Super dumb finish trying to beat the setting sun. Number 10 was kinda lame too. Took an unplayable then proceeded to three putt. HOORAY!

Hole of the day: 15, Second hardest hole on the course. Solid drive straight into the wind, solid 4 iron to 8 feet, solid putt right in the jar.

Shot of the day: The previous 4 iron.

Feel good shot of the day: 3 iron from 225 to pin high on 8. Missed the eagle putt, but not by much.