IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

39, +3.     Diff 9.6     

• 4 Bogies, 1 Birdie
  • FW: 5/7
  • GIR: 5
  • Putts: 16

One of my better rounds. Felt like I played better than I scored. Missed two birdie putts by a couple of inches…coulda, shoulda, woulda

• Thumbs Up 2

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

10 Aug 24 - been a while since I’ve posted here, today’s round was a solid and consistent round (41 front and back).  Only one dbl - hole 11 : tee shot tagged the overhanging branches on the right side which meant I hit a punchy 6i for a low running layup to the pond that guards the green that led to an easy 9i (should have went PW) that landed deep on the green to just barely roll off which led to a pitch with the 54 that stopped short for a longish (15’) putt that was a 2 putt for a 6.  Overall it was a solid round as the course was CPO (cart path only) due to the heavy rains from Debby this week.  Stats wise of the 9 pars, 6 were up&downs (greenside drills pay off),  27 putts total (deeply attributable to the chips and pitches putting the ball close).  Fairway misses were for the most part less than two yards deep, no biggie.  It was a good day on a wet course….

IMG_8392.thumb.jpeg.46e5c52781fe30a53763bca49f225085.jpeg

Edited by WillieT
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

44-53=97 at Musgrove Mill Oak tees. First round here since developing tennis elbow on 6/1/24. Very discouraging. Not one aspect of my play was any good today. Pulling the ball off the tee; several 3-putts today after gaining 3.25 and 5.1 strokes putting my last two rounds. Not much fun playing this poorly.

Best round of the year, 38-42-80. Disappointing because I haven't broken 80 in 5 years and was in position to go low on the back. Putting did me in. But I am very pleased about the way I am striking the ball right now. Support your local club pro.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill M

6 over 35 on the Front
Driver was not working, but second shot, chipping and putting were dialed in.

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Played Musgrove Mill today, 44-49=93. Hit 11/14 fairways and the 3 I missed were because I hit them through the end of the fairways on 1, 9 and 16 by a combined 3’. Hit 7 GIR but missed birdie putts inside 9’ on 6 and 7. Parred 4 and 18, which are difficult par 4s. Hit over the green on 8, 9 and 10, going +8 on those three holes. All three after great drives. Need more reps! Handicap increased by 1.1 shots after the past 2 rounds. Will go up more if I don’t play better since my 20th score was a 73…

30 Aug 24 - Played the weekly Men's Golf round, today was a return solid play with an 81 (40 / 41).  The second time I've had only one "6"  - next goal is to have a "no sixes round".  Missed several birdies that could have made this an all time low.  Still a solid day of golf, with good approach shots and some great up and downs.   10 of 14 fairways hit, 32 putts, 9 pars, 9 bogies, 0 dbls or worse (a new personal best).  

image.thumb.png.a947e7627d7a32a17a86ae5849cd1674.png

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Shot a stress free “no sixes” 78 (38/40) with Covid on Sunday.  Practically asymptomatic (congestion and fatigue), I wouldn't have even tested myself if a coworker I was in close contact with hadn’t informed me he tested positive. Told my group I was planning to skip but they insisted I still play if I was up for it. Glad I did because I hit 13 GIR which might be a personal best, but didn’t putt very well.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

43 (7 over)
Driver was iffy all 9, so had to scramble.
Triple bogie on a par 4 killed me!

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride