IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

I played yesterday morning at 10:00a.m. The weather was supposed to be about 55 degrees, sunny, with a slight breeze. I say send the weatherman up the yardarm: overcast, temp was 50 but felt like 40, and when the wind gusted ( which it did quite a bit ), it felt damn cold!

I say all this because I am trying to rationalize shooting a 91. Started on the back 9 with a par and followed that with a triple bogey at 11. Shot 47 on the back, primarily because of poor performance at three holes, plus all the cups were in the position for the final day of a tournament ( really hard positions ).

The front nine was better, but it actually got a bit colder and started to sprinkle. More pars, better putting and if I hadn't double bogeyed the ninth ( my 18th ), I would have felt much better about the round.

Overall: driving was OK, few greens in regulation, chipping was good ( except for number 11 ), poor sand shots, putting was not bad. Assesment: work to do. Still, for the conditions being as bad as they were, I left with hope in my heart. Alas, that's what we all leave with isn't it?

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

There was a mix of rain and snow in the forcast for Sunday, but I was getting up early yesterday because my son was ushering at church so I thought I might as well try to go play. When I got downstairs at 7:15 there was snow on the ground. Not just a few flakes, but friggin snow. It was still snowing with a light rain too. Needless to say, I went back to bed after my mother-in-law picked him up. By mid day the snow was gone, but my back was too flared to try and play. I did mention it to my wife but she didn't bite. If she had I would have likely popped a few Alleve and given it a shot.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

196 for 36 holes at a course in Grenada Hills at which I had never previously broken 105. The nines were 52-48 (100) and 47-49 (96).

Part of my goal of playing tougher courses, taking the ego hit of a temporarily worse handicap so I can lower it by being a better player.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

86 on a new course with barely any yardages marked off (i assume the carts have gps...)

I'm pleased. Would be nice if i could just hit my putts about 18 inches farther... woulda shaved 3-4 strokes, as i hit som nice puts that died off-line.
Bag: Flight SS
Driver: 10.5* r5 draw with Pro Launch blue 65 Stiff
Irons: CCi Forged 3i-pw
Wedges: 56* CG12 black pearl and 60* low bounce RTG 900
Putter: i-Series Anser 35"Ball: e5+Tee: Zero FrictionGlove: FootJoy WeatherSofRangefinder: MedalistShoes: Sp-6 II, Adidas 360Scores this year:92 91...

Shot an 88 last week. It was the first full 18 holes I've played in over a year and 1/2. I'm spurty. I bogey'd the first hole, had 3 pars in a row, etc, etc.

Shot a 43 today. Once again, strung some pars together but had 2 doubles, ouch.

Bought a sleeve of the Callaway Tour somethinorothers. . .Sorry. . .

Added probably 10 to 15 yards to my drives and 3 woods.

Sunday morning, i went out and played Indian Canyon. Very good course, but can inflate your score pretty badly considering they took a forest and put a golf course in it. If you dont have a great drive, your basically jailed up and cant get out half of the time. I am obviously not a pro, so... i get jailed up a lot. Its only 6300, but its up and down the whole course, no flat holes at all! not exaggerating either.
so in all, i shot a 94 for my first round of the year.

Doubled 16 & 17 for a nice clean 80. Otherwise played really well. Walked course in 3 hrs 5 minutes

What I play:
Driver: FTi Tour LCG Matrix Xcon 6
3 Wood: Sonartac SS03 *14
Hybrid: FT Hybrid *18
Hybrid: Rescue Mid 22*Irons: 5-PW i10, Project X 5.5Wedges 52, 56, 60Putter:i Black #9Ball: Tour ix

A cold morning in florida - i think it was about 48 at tee time.
The weather threw me off for the first 3 holes. But once I warmed up it was a pretty comfortable round. Ended up with a 110.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Played in the comp yesterday, shot a 77 (Par 71). Hit the ball Cr*p, just chipped and putted really well. Course rated 1 shot below the par.
Driver Titleist 905R 9.5* (Stiff Prolaunch Blue 65g)
Hybrid: PT 585.H 17 * (Stiff titleist 75g shaft)
Irons: 695.cb 3-9 ( Dynamic Gold S300)
Wedges: 735.CM 47* PW, Vokey 200 series 50.08 Oil Can Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 Tour chrome, Vokey Spin Milled 58.08 Oil canPutter: Wilson Staff Kirk Kurrie #1[CO.....

Had a very unusual round today. I made sixteen pars (started with eleven in a row) and two triple bogeys. Finished with a 76. I hit the ball very well but those two triples destroyed my round.

Fore!

Got out for a quick nine after work, haven't had the time to squeeze in a full 18 yet. Shot a 37....with 2 3-putts and 2 missed birdie putts inside 7 feet!!!! Look out practice green here I come, I've got more rust to shake off. I hate wasting good ball striking rounds like that

My bag:

Driver: Cobra AMP 9.5 degree w/ GD6 stiff flex shaft

3 Wood: Ping Anser 14.5 degree THC-800 stiff flex shaft

Hybrid: Titleist 910H 19 degree Mitsubishi Kiani Blue stiff flex shaft

Irons: Nike Pro Combo Tour 4-PW Dynamic Gold S300 shafts

Wedges: Titleist Bob Vokey 52-8, 56-11 and 60-4

Putter: 2-Ball White Steel, 34" bent 1 degree flat

1st of 2 league practice rounds tonight. Haven;t gotten in much practice and missed most of last year due to injury.

Hopes are probably higher than ability, at this point! We'll see. It's a pretty easy course if you're hitting the ball and avoid the water.

Let ya know tomorrow.

• Administrator

Wow, didn't have a great day on the golf course. I usually don't when I play with this one particular person. I have to remember not to watch his swing.

Shot 77 from the blues at Lake View. Greens were speedier today. Yay. Took only 25 putts.

Scorecard is here . One birdie. Should have been three but lipped two putts out. Oh well. It's still early and I know what to work on.

Z Factor!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Well, today was a first for me. I broke 80 (79) with 2 triple bogeys. Three other bogeys and two birdies -- birdied the 17th to get there. Never done that before and hope to never do it again. Wind today in Michigan was nasty (30mph gusts), but sunny and beautiful.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

45 for nine holes of Fox Run today. Everything was clicking on all cylinders except for the driver (but I hit the 3 wood so far today it didn't matter) and the putter. But then again the greens had just been aerated so, yeah.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Yesterday in our league I shot 33 and today I went out and shot a 74 on a much harder course. I have 3 birdies in my league score that I had on 14, 15, and 16 and on the 74 I had 4 birdies, but couldn't keep giving them back. LOL we all have those days.
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...