IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

104 @ Hartefeld Nat'l (PA). Pretty good for me (tough course). 45 on the way out, round of my life coming up, then the wheels fell off the wagon back in. 3 snowmen, and my head/focus really got in the way. Mental stamina tips, anyone?

Lucky to get a 77 today. Did not hit the ball well at all. Managed to scratch out a decent score considering how bad I hit it. Oh well, tomorrows another day. Oh yes, it was frigging hot today!

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Shot 95 today at Timber Creek GC (Houston). Would've been much better, but got tired and went all Tin Cup on the last 3 holes (+10 on those 3). Made some nice long putts even though the greens were bumpy from recent aeration.

What's in my Datrek MSU Dawgs bag -

Driver - Predator Ti 9.5* Stiff
3 Wood - Predator Ti
5 Wood - Predator TiHybrids - 3DX DC Ironwood 18*/21*Irons - 3DX Red ComboWedges - 588 49*, Raw 56*Putter - Rossa Classic Imola 8Ball - Gamer

shot a really sloppy 93. I am going through some major swing/grip changes right now which will help me in the long run but thats no excuse for my poor play. I hate when I shoot in the 90's because I know I am capable of shooting in the low 80's but I guess everybodies entitled to a bad day. I had 4 lipouts (yep, 4) and I could not hit a GIR. Oh well, hopefully I will do better next time.

In my freestyle:
Driver: 10.5* G5 with UST V2
F.W. wood: 16* retro raylor with Aldila HM-40 Tour Gold
Irons: i5 3-pw. Stiff cs lite shafts
Wedges: 8620 51*, 56*, and 60* Putter: classics 1 34""Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

Got nine holes in this morning and was 3-over.
Got stung by a bee in my back swing on the 7th and gave myself a mulligan though

Driver R7 Quad
3 Wood R7 Quad Ti
Irons 3-PW FP
Wedges SV 56,60
Putter White hot 2 ball

I'm embarrassed to post this. But today, I shot a 135. :( :( :(

It was raining pretty hard for part of the round, and we had to take a 40 minute break on the 9th hole (had just hit our tee shot) when the course manager asked everyone to clear the course because of potential hail in the area.

Despite the enormously high score (I'm usually more around a 113 -- still way too high), I had a couple of positives:

2 different holes required me to hit a PW over water to the green. I've been terrified by water in the past and usually shank it right into the pond. In both cases, I hit nice arcs right over the water and landed nicely on the green.

My putting was good and consistent today. I averaged just barely over 2 putts per hole (2.222222... to be exact), so that's definitely not my issue.

I bogeyed the two par 3s on the front 9. That's really good for me because I usually end up doubling (or worse!) on par 3s.

My green reading was so much better today (I'm just starting to get serious about reading) and I actually had three putts lip out today, showing me I had read it perfectly, but just had a bit too much speed.

So with that good putting, why the 135? Well, because it was pouring rain (and had rained very hard yesterday), the fairways were very soggy, and I couldn't seem to make solid contact in the fairway. That and three whiffs in the round (I HATE those!!) just kept adding up.

My son (almost 16yo) shot a 105. Gosh, I hate getting beat by my son like that :( Especially 30 strokes!! ;)

+2 on 18 holes at a par-3 course. 1 birdie, 3 bogeys, 14 pars. That's a 56 (18*3 + 2). It's also the only course where I'll ever shoot in the 50s in my entire life ;)

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

74, Silsbee C/C (70/120), Silsbee, Texas. Drove ball well, hit alot of greens. Unfortunately, double bogey on the 18th for the second consecutive round. Gotta learn how to finish these things!

Driver: TaylorMade r7 460 / 11.5 degrees
Irons: Titleist 822 OS (4, 5, 6)  Titleist 962 (7, 8, 9, P, G)
Putter: Tear Drop
Ball: Precept Laddie
Wedges: Golfsmith Snake Eyes 56 degrees / 60 degrees

18 Hole Low:  67   /  9 Hole Low:  31

12th round ever. Pine Brook in NJ.
A little dissapointing after hitting an 98 two weeks ago at Cream Ridge in NJ...

glennQ

driver: FTiQ
3w-5w: FTi Squareway
4h-5h: SQ Sumo^2
6i-9i: Burner 09
42*, 52*, 56*: CG14 Black Pearl Wedgesputter: Hannaball: bags: cart: 3.0

Grrrrrrrrrrrr shot 35 tonight (w/dbl bogie)in the thursday night skin game ($50 poverty) and all my birds were tied, does anyone know of a way to break the jinx I'm in. 6 weeks with out a skin, I'm goin bankrupt. I (Can't even break through with a pin shot had 2 within 10 feet and both were beat. I hate this game lol.

Alpha V5 9.0 XStiff
Cleveland Hi-Bore 13* Stiff
Cleveland Hi-Bore 19* Hybrid Stiff
Cleveland CG Red Irons 4-PW Stiff
Merit Golf 52* StiffCleveland 900 series 56* & 60* RegScotty Cameron Laguna Mid-Slant"I hit 2 good balls today, I stepped on a rake."

Played 9 tonight, 1 under 35 (73/127). Lipped out 4 and 6 foot birdie putts. hit my line and speed just didnt fall. was sticking my irons ridiculously close, score could have been lower.

Bag: Hoofer 3
Driver: G10 9.5*
3 Wood: 975F 13.5*
Hybrid: G10 21*
Irons: i3 Blade 3-SWLob Wedge: Vokey Spin Milled 60.04Utility Wedge: MB 60 bent to 64Putter: White Hot #5 Center Shafted/Lead Tape WeightedBall: Pro v1xLowest Round: 68 Par 72 (73/127)

Shot another 95 today, this time at Bay Forest GC (LaPorte). Missed several 10 footers for birdie. Finally signed up to make Bay Forest my home course, so i'll have an "official" handicap soon :) I plan on playing 18 again this weekend and might leave work early Tues to play 36 at another local course. (Might as well get all the golf I can right now since the wife and kid are out of town!)

What's in my Datrek MSU Dawgs bag -

Driver - Predator Ti 9.5* Stiff
3 Wood - Predator Ti
5 Wood - Predator TiHybrids - 3DX DC Ironwood 18*/21*Irons - 3DX Red ComboWedges - 588 49*, Raw 56*Putter - Rossa Classic Imola 8Ball - Gamer

Up for work at 7am, done at 12:30, then to the course for 36 consecutive holes today.

4 under in the first round. 1 over for the second.

5 birdies and a bogey in the first. 5 birdies, 4 bogeys and a double in the second.

First round was just for fun with one of the cute moms at the club.

Second round was competition with one of the young-guns. $10 front/back/overall with $2 dots (birdie, closest-to and sand saves) Got torn a new one on the front, but came roaring back on the back. Won $8...

Besides two 3 putts, I putted really good today. All my birdies were outside of 10 feet. Actually missed two from within 6 feet during the first round.

Time for a shower and some after-sun lotion.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Up for work at 7am, done at 12:30, then to the course for 36 consecutive holes today.

Wow Ben, what a terrible life you have.

I actually think from now on, anyone who gets paid to play golf should put work in quotation marks. Anyway, 73. 30 putts.

905R
LD-F 3-Wood
Vokey Oil-Can 252-08 degree
Cobra C Wedge 56-11 Vokey Oil-Can 260-08 degree Scotty Cameron Newport 2 35'' Pro V1x

Just got back!
+19
Bad day, humid here in Chicagoland, not a lot of wind, fairways and greens are very wet from the morning rain storm.

Weapons of choice:
Big Bertha 460 Driver
3W Big Bertha (2007)
TaylorMade r7 Draw Rescue Hybrid Wood #3TaylorMade RAC OS 2 IronsMens Vokey Spin Milled Tour 56 & 60PING Karsten Series Anser2 (I like the classic look and feel)Whatever Ball is on sale (currently Pro V1 2007)

played 18 with the girls today. tee shots were so terrible i scrambled around all day. my irons were extremely good again for the second day in a row. 75 (73/127)

Bag: Hoofer 3
Driver: G10 9.5*
3 Wood: 975F 13.5*
Hybrid: G10 21*
Irons: i3 Blade 3-SWLob Wedge: Vokey Spin Milled 60.04Utility Wedge: MB 60 bent to 64Putter: White Hot #5 Center Shafted/Lead Tape WeightedBall: Pro v1xLowest Round: 68 Par 72 (73/127)