IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

I had a typical round today, plenty of bad holes with a few good ones. Shot 59 on the front with 6 penalties (two in the water on 9!!!). I tried not to let it get to me, which is hard for me to do. Started the back 9 pretty much the same but finished par bogie par birdie for a 48. I guess I'm consitently inconsistent. It felt good finishing on a good note though, and if I didn't have a bunch of things to do today, I probably would've tried to fit in at least another 9.

formerly tmevoli

Burner 9.5
R5 FW
Halo 2i CG4 3i - Pw Eye 2 SW OZ putteriGolf Neowhatever ball i find

I fell awful. Just finished shooting a 115 on a course where my last 8 scores were between 98 and 104. What in the world happened? I have no idea. Thoroughly disgusted with the way I shot. I'm taking the next three weeks off and do nothing but practice.

Bob

Bob Huddleston
Always looking for people to golf with in Memphis

In My Bag - Gigagolf
Driver/Woods: GX Squared Ti 10.5 -- 3W: GX Squared Fairway 15

Hybrids/Irons

3 HY: GX920 Hybrid 20 -- 4 HY: GX920 Hybrid 23 -- 5-9: GX920 Irons

Wedges

Pw: GX920 46 -- Aw: GX920 51 -- Sw: GX920 56 -- Lw: GX920 60

Played on a challenging par 68 course this weekend.There's me rubbing my hands thinking that less yardage meant much lower scores,but the course was very tight,more dog-legs than you could shake a stick at and lots of water traps strategically placed, along with some boggy ditches edging the course.

I hit the ball great,but after counting back I knew I had putted badly,13 out of 18 greens were three putted and I shot 99 despite this.Could be a mid handicapper if I went at holes more.

"Repetition is the chariot of genius"

Driver: BENROSS VX PROTO 10.5
Woods: BENROSS QUAD SPEED FAIRWAY 15"
Hybrids:BENROSS 3G 17" BENROSSV5 Escape 20"
Irons: :wilson: DEEP RED Fluid Feel  4-SW
Putter: BENROSS PURE RED
Balls: :wilsonstaff:  Ti DNA

Played three of the 18 holes at +9 and managed a 91. Hit the ball better than the 91 indicates, but played on a course built in the 30s with way too many majestic oak, maple and 80' tall pine trees lining every fairway. Beautiful course, but don't stray from the fairways or you're asking for trouble!

Hit the 'trouble' or 'out' shot with a 7-iron 4 times. Was successful getting back into the ballgame on 3 of the 4, but the one bad one cost me a double-par (8) on a hole!

One true highlight--sitting nearly ON the 150 plate on a 411 yard par 4. That was a BOMB for me off the tee. Could be the new Burner 10.5* driver starting to work its magic for me.

Also, it was my birthday yesterday. Played 18 with some good friends and had a blast of a day.

dave

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hi there everybody, this is my first post and also very proud to say that I shot 66, 6 under at my home course on Friday last week.

The amazing thing was that I had five 3's on the scorecard on the last five holes!!! A first for me ever, one par, three birdies and a eagle on the last!

This equals my previous best that I shot at Gary Player Country Club, Home of the Nedbank Challenge!

I played Sonoma County Golf Park's executive course on Sunday. The course is a par 27, I shot a 44. I consider this to be a major win for me because I saw myself play better than I did the week before.

I have a bad case of the shanks and I was happy to see that I was hitting the ball a lot straighter yesterday. My short game was a lot better as well.

One reason why I think I did better was because I was by myself and there was no one else on the course. There was no pressure for me to hurry up or look good in front of other people. I realize I am going to have to work on that though cause golf is no fun without other people there.
Driver:Ping Karsten-I
3-4 Wood:Ping Karsten-I
Hybrids:Alien Golf TI Matrix, Ginty Stan Thompson
5-P Irons:Alien Golf Tour Gold
Putter:Ping Karsten B60

Haven't been playing latley, but went out today and shot a +3 38 and that was with a triple bogey...I played very well. I've only been playing once a week the past 3-4 weeks or so.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

This is either a Tale of Woe.

Or else it is a Tale of Whoa. depending on your perspective.

Yesterday was the 2nd day of our club championship. My buddy Brian had shot 76 the day before for a net 65, so I knew I had my work cut out for me if I was going to catch him. Hit the 1st green and justed missed a 12 footer for birdie. Pitched to a foot to get up and down on 2. Hit the green and missed an 8 footer for birdie on 3. Then chipped in for birdie on 4, and suddenly i'm 1 under. I knew it was going to be a special day. Missed a 10 footer for birdie on 5 and then get up and down for par on 6 and 7. Drain an 8 footer for birdie on 8 and miss a 10 footer for birdie on 9, so I go out in 2 under par. Easily could've been 5 under if I could've putt even moderately well.

Birdie 12 to go 3 under but then promptly 3-jack the next green to drop back to -2. My first bogey of the day, and I go into crisis management mode. 2 more solid up and down pars and I get to 16 tee -2. "holy s***" I tell myself. I could really get into the house under par here. "Don't blow it!"

16, an uphill 530 yard dogleg left with OB the entire left side and lateral hazard right, I hit a perfect tee shot leaving myself about 260 to the green. I think smooth 5 wood to play it safe, and promptly smother hook it. I get to my ball and instead of going OB, its sitting there on a cart path. Free drops from heaven. Sweeeet. Of course I ruin the grace bestowed upon me and hit a tree branch with my approach and manage to bogey what should've been an easy par. No problem I tell myself. You're still 1 under. Just par one of the next 2 and you beat old man par.

17 a slight dogleg left, 430 yards, and with the pin back, I hit the front of the green. My mind starts going bananas. I try to calm myself down, to give the dont worry about it pep talk. But I don't hear it through the thunder claps of the impending storm. A 50 foot birdie putt, and I hit it about 35 five feet. CRAP!!! Fifteen footer slides by, and I am no longer under par.

18, 410, dogleg left to a green with a lot of movement. Just hit the fairway, i tell myself (I go in the right rough). 195 out, Just hit the green, i tell myself (I go in the greenside bunker). Just give yourself a reasonable chance at par here (blast out to 9 feet). Ok, just hit a good putt, and whether it goes or not, you at least gave it chance... I read left edge and the putt breaks... LEFT, never had a chance. Tap in bogey. 73. My personal best. I should be happy. If someone had told me I would shoot 73 before i teed off, I would've taken it and ran. But now that its over, I can't help but think, what if? What if I kept me composure a little longer. What if I didn't 3 putt twice. Ahhh, I hate golf, I love golf, I hate golf.

Anyways, thats my tale. I won the field low net. Shot my best score ever. And I feel empty and miserable. Funny game, huh?

Shot 75, got 2nd in the mens club tournament, made 48 bucks.

Driver Launcher 7.5 YSQ Xshaft
2Hybrid Rescue Hybrid 17*
Irons Tour Preferred 3-PW
Wedges Vokey 52*
Wedges Vokey SM 60*Putter Abaco 33"Ball TP/Red/LDP or Penta TP

Shot 49 on 9 today.

Hit first driver straight into the lake and ended up with triple bogey. Luckily my hard work on the range paid of because after that I absolutely crushed my driver. I was just unlucky with catching the edge of the rough almost every single time and my short game definitely needs some more attention.

Had a humongous 270 yard drive* on a short par 4 leaving me with about 75 yards to the pin. Just the kind of shot I practiced on the range. Hit a nice clean shot with my 56 to end up 6' from the hole... my first real birdie candidate ever.... first putt on a tricky downslope drifts a little right past the hole, about two feet past. A shame, but no big deal. At least I got the distance right. On the way back I totally forget about the slope and I putt short... ARGH!.. We call that a 'nancy' putt. Bogey! My only three putt of the day from only 6'!!

Other than that I had a great round. Blasted a 200 yard 5W into a 20mph wind. Never seen a ball go that high, but it got the job done. Could have had two more GIR's, but caught the fringe twice. Also found out a utility hybrid is exactly that, a 'utility'. Great club for punch shots under trees and to get out of the thick stuff. Don't regret buying those for one second.

Shoulda, coulda easily had a 45 or less, but you know... if only.

Good round.. feel a lot more confident about my long game and have a lot more fun playing this way.

*) Checked with Google Earth.. measures at 271 yards including roll. Granted, wind from the back on this one.

Shot 75 today. Two birdies, 3 bogeys, and one double. Scored better than I played. Just not hitting my iron shots very flush. Beautiful day though.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Played 9 holes at our home course with my 11 year old son after he got home from school. I was playing decent but my son was having one of his best rounds of the year. By the end of the 7th hole he was only one shot back. I was +2 and he was +3. He started to think about it to much and finished with triple bogey, double bogey for a 44, I finished birdie, par for a 37. I think he learned a good lesson today about not thinking score until you walk off the last green. It's really cool to watch your kids grow and develop in golf.

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

i shot 38 today played really bad. i hit 5 sand traps and my putting was way off. my iron shots havent been solid for the past few weeks but i have been bombing drives. i was 20 yards out on the first hole from the tips which plays about 350 if you cut the trees. no birdies tho

In my Hoofer Vantage

Driver: 907D2 9.5*
Wood: 906F4 15.5* 3 wood
Hybrid: 585H 19*Irons: i10 3-pwWedges: tp black z 52* & 58*Putter: tracy II

I just got back from Hawaii. I played the Kapalua Bay Course (36,44) and the Ka'anapali Royal Course (44,36). Back to back 80s. two good nines and two bad nines. Flew from Honolulu to San Francisco, drove to Carmel for the night. Went to Pebble Beach and putted on the practice green, didn't play though - It's currently $495 to play 18 there.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Played in my Tuesday night golf league a couple nights ago at Golf Club of Indiana. Interesting 9 holes of golf. Made par on the first hole, cool. Next hole, par 5, driver-3 iron to get home in two, then drain an 18-foot downhill bender for eagle. WOO HOO! First eagle of 2008.
Then I proceeded to bogey the next 6 holes. 3-putt greens, poorly executed chips, bad approach shots to greens, you name it, I did it. Lipped out a birdie putt on 9 and made par for a smooth 40.

In the bag:
Ping G5 Driver 9 degree, Ping G10 3-wood, Nike 3 hybrid, TaylorMade R9 Irons 4-AW, Cleveland CG15 56 and 60 degree wedges, Odyssey 2-ball blade putter

^Congrats!

I shot a 107 Wednesday (boo!) and a 91 Thursday (yay!).

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random