IGNORED

Upstate NY/Northern PA Outing - July 23, 2016 @ Conklin Players Club

onthehunt526
Note: This thread is 2744 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It's hard to believe we've only got a little more than 2 weeks to go... Until the outing... Crossing my fingers on the weather hoping we have a nice day to play.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm pretty psyched!

Should someone call to make sure there isn't a tournament or outing that day?

Colin P.

6 minutes ago, colin007 said:

I'm pretty psyched!

Should someone call to make sure there isn't a tournament or outing that day?

They didn't have anything listed on their website... But I could give them a buzz to see... But I wouldn't have been able to book the tee time if they had a tournament.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Ok cool, I didn't realize we had a tee time already. Here you can't get one more than two days out unless you have a large group.

Colin P.

11:40 am on the 23rd... You, Christian, Matt and myself.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

I booked it back in May... If there is anyone else aside @colin007,  @krupa @RFKFREAK, or myself from the area that can join us on the 23rd of July... and at least 3 or 4 let me know by next Monday (July 11) I will book another tee time either directly before or after ours at 11:40 am.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

I'm getting nervous.  My game has taken a turn for the worse lately.  I'm going to spend a lot of time at the range in the next couple weeks. 

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

2 hours ago, colin007 said:

Is it too early to be checking the weather forecast? LOL…

Yes

What's in Shane's Bag?     

8 minutes ago, onthehunt526 said:

Yes

8 minutes ago, onthehunt526 said:

Yes

Bah! Pshaw.....

Colin P.

Besides the saying here in Upstate NY is, "If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes!"

What's in Shane's Bag?     

So it's like the fourth time they've changed the weather forecast for the 23rd in Conklin... Now it's sunscreen, insect repellant, light colors weather. And don't forget the Arnold Palmer's on ice. :):-)

What's in Shane's Bag?     

On 7/15/2016 at 3:42 PM, onthehunt526 said:

So it's like the fourth time they've changed the weather forecast for the 23rd in Conklin... Now it's sunscreen, insect repellant, light colors weather. And don't forget the Arnold Palmer's on ice. :):-)

Just checked again, looks hot and sunny!

Colin P.

I went from nervous to excited.  Been spending all my golf time at the range and seeing decent results.  Hitting my 3-wood solidly and yesterday at a charity scramble I busted out the driver a couple times with also good results.  Just gotta keep it going 5 more days... and ya know... every other day after that.

Hey guys... fellow upstater here (just outside Syracuse).  Joined yesterday & just wanted to wish you guys well on your outing!  Haven't played Conklin yet but have heard great things.  (looks nice from 81!)  Can't wait to read about the trip.  Hit 'em well.

Adam

5 hours ago, bigbov said:

Hey guys... fellow upstater here (just outside Syracuse).  Joined yesterday & just wanted to wish you guys well on your outing!  Haven't played Conklin yet but have heard great things.  (looks nice from 81!)  Can't wait to read about the trip.  Hit 'em well.

Adam

Thanks. Welcome to the site. If the other guys are okay with it, maybe we'll post a few pictures.

On 7/18/2016 at 8:32 PM, krupa said:

I went from nervous to excited.  Been spending all my golf time at the range and seeing decent results.  Hitting my 3-wood solidly and yesterday at a charity scramble I busted out the driver a couple times with also good results.  Just gotta keep it going 5 more days... and ya know... every other day after that.

I know you probably would be afraid of the competition... But maybe one year you could play the City Championship @ Newman... When you feel ready.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

7 hours ago, onthehunt526 said:

I know you probably would be afraid of the competition... But maybe one year you could play the City Championship @ Newman... When you feel ready.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Seriously, though, I appreciate the thought but I don't consider myself a competitive golfer.  My average score would have to get to the high-80s before I considered something like that.   I don't remember the last time I kept score (though that's mostly the Game Golf app's fault for flaking out on me.) 

Note: This thread is 2744 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!