IGNORED

My Swing (val_vadino)

val_vadino
Note: This thread is 3053 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi everyone i have been golfing for 1 year now. I started at a 22 handicap and i cut it down to 11 so far. Before i would go out and just play but now i want to go to the next level. I have worked very hard on my swing this year. Played well here and there but this offseason im trying to improve so much. Here is my problem. I am flipping the golf club. I video tape all of my swings. When i take a practice swing with no ball i can get my hands equal with the ball: 

The first photo  is at impact with no ball. The second  is at impact trying to hit the ball...ive researched this a lot and i understand i have to swing the club instead of hit it but no matter what i do i flip my hands....i have tried shortening my backswing, and slowing my swing down so i do not throw it at the top but i still do. As soon as there is a little white ball there to start my downswing i throw the club. Please if you get a chance send me some ideas to work on. Thank you so much, hope you are enjoying the holidays.

Val

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by val_vadino

@val_vadino, post your videos and people will be able to help you. Can't tell much about what's going on in your swing from a still frame at impact.

I'm going to change this thread into your MySwing thread since that's what it's about, and "insane swing revelation" is a click-bait title.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• billchao changed the title to My Swing (val_vadino)
On December 8, 2015 at 9:07 AM, billchao said:

@val_vadino, post your videos and people will be able to help you. Can't tell much about what's going on in your swing from a still frame at impact.

I'm going to change this thread into your MySwing thread since that's what it's about, and "insane swing revelation" is a click-bait title.

Thank you for your help im new to this as you see 

So confused on where to post and it wont let me post videos very frustrating lol

8 minutes ago, val_vadino said:

So confused on where to post and it wont let me post videos very frustrating lol

We don't host videos. You have to upload them on YouTube first and then embed the links.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

4 hours ago, val_vadino said:

The first photo  is at impact with no ball. The second  is at impact trying to hit the ball...

Yeah that's unfortunately pretty common. Post a video so we can help you identify the problem.

• Upvote 1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Note: This thread is 3053 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!