IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (January 2016)

iacas
Note: This thread is 3009 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Spent some time working on my position at the top of my swing. Just making sure I am in good shape to start my down swing. 

Also as part of my daily therapy, I spent 30 minutes working with 5lb hand weights for my wrists, and elbows. Sort of golf related. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very busy at work . Spent five minutes doing the back swing drill in the mirror before going to bed. 

Edited by chris3putt
typo

Chris.:roll:

Good day with the golf practice. Started the day with a 3 mile run and got a couple practices in the yard working on the driver and 8 iron swing.... Keeping the same focus of doing the hip/shoulder turn. Submitted a new swing to Evolvr and hoping to get some feedback hoping I am on the right track here. Spent more time inside with the 7 iron working on 1/2 swings with the same focus. Putting practice later tonight trying to get comfortable with my new grip and swing flow.

Dave

More hip turn drills through my transition. Lots of work to do yet.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Trip to fitness center today to do yoga for golfers routine, medicine ball routine and backswing drill with weighted club. I made a few swings with driver at home afterwards, sweet! It was so lite.

Also noticed that the weight of the medicine ball just naturally drops the hands into the slot at start of downswing. I can only imagine in my past swing, that move was hands going out and club over the top. Harder to move hands out when pushing a medicine ball.

Under construction, signature and game.

Another "full on" work day. Managed to get 10 mins practice of the full swing indoors, using a piece of conduit and exploring what I could do to swing it fast.

Mirror work before my workout. Focused on the pivot from A6 to 9. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Driving range was "mats only" so I spent my time today working on my short game. Pitches, chips, and putts. Spent the last 20 minutes hitting different length chips/pitches, using one ball,  followed with my puutter. 

Since it's the weekend, I will be staying a way from the course till monday or tuesday. 

In My Bag:

Spent part of the day working on the 7-iron 1/2 swing indoor focus on the right leg and weight forward. Then, did a couple sessions outside with driver and 8-iron with the same focus area as before, but tried to keep my right leg extended (not bowed) through the follow-through. I made a few adjustments since my last MySwing posting, so decided to do a couple new vids. Reviewed them and posted them to the MySwing forum....

With my driver... Also did some work on clubface by marking the ball with a little dirt and noting where on the clubface I was making contact. It got better once I focused more on the full hip turn, so a bit encouraged. 

Watched a couple of the Pure Strike videos and read some more of LSW. Morning tee time tomorrow. Looking forward to getting out on the course... It's been awhile since my course has been opened.

Dave

On January 29, 2016 at 6:36 PM, Lihu said:

More hip turn drills through my transition. Lots of work to do yet.

More of the same. Missed one day posting on the plane ride back from China.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I just finished hitting 100 chips with three different clubs. There were target landing areas of course, but the my main focus was on not moving my head too soon. I watched the club hit the ball, and did not look up until the club was past impact, and pointing along my target line. 

I had found that I was moving my head to see where the ball was going too soon. I figured this might be the reason I was missing some of my other shots. Just a little positive reenforcement. Will probably hit a 100 more after lunch. 

In My Bag:

Two 10 minute sessions in the net with a six iron. Concentrated on completing the back swing, and how that felt, by making a slight pause at the top before swinging down. 

Played 18 today and tried to keep the focus swing thoughts in mind. It was disasterous! Probably one of the worst rounds I have had in a long time. Something is seriously wrong. I am practicing more than I have ever done and not seeing the results. I am glad I scheduled to go to Erie in February. I need to figure this out.... And I'm not trying to be perfect, Just trying to make some decent hits and enjoy the game. Very discouraging day on the course. :-( 

Dave

Yoga for golfers routine, medicine ball routine and backswing drill. Have made a nice effort in January. Overall have built up some solid routines to take to the range and the course. 

Learned this week that my club will not open this year and they returned my membership money. Several local clubs offering discounted membership to our members. Will wait and see where club pro goes before deciding where I go. My next session is 2/10/2016 with him.

I've been watching KJ Choi's swing during Farmers. I like the position of the elbows at top of backswing and at finish and using mirrors at fitness center during medicine ball routine to emulate. Of course, all this may change whenever I get to play again! And, as often reminded, golf is a hard game. It' hard not to beat yourself up. 

Under construction, signature and game.

On 1/30/2016 at 8:07 AM, Lihu said:

More of the same. Missed one day posting on the plane ride back from China.

Raining so more of the same. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Last post for the month. Spent 10 mins in the net, 6 iron, back swing drill. Still concentrating on getting to a "full" back swing position. It's been a good month for my game.

Started the day with a 3 mile run, weight and kettlebell workout, followed by 10 rounds on the heavy bag. After shaking off the frustrations from yesterday's round, spent a couple hours at the driving range working on some swing dynamics, trying to figure out what was going out. I was some extreme push fades that were causing issues. I discovered that I wasn't putting any wrist hinge in start of my backswing. When I focused on this (along with hip/shoulder turn)... Things straightened out nicely. Spent another hour on the pitching green and then on to the putting green. Started to feel a bit better with the swing now. More work required for sure.

Dave

Note: This thread is 3009 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!