IGNORED

Most Exciting Major in 2015?

PEZGolf
Note: This thread is 3035 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What was the most exciting major of 2015?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. What was the most exciting major of 2015?

• The Masters
    • The U.S. Open
    • The British Open
    • The PGA Championship

In my opinion, it was definitely The Oldest Major. So many players had a chance to win on the back 9, and then there was the 3 man playoff! I was "on the edge of my seat" for 3 hours. Add to it the drama of whether Jordan would join Ben as the ONLY player to win the Masters, the US Open, and THE Open in one year. Finally, it all took place at the "Birthplace of Golf"!

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

(edited)

I just watched the final round again on TGC----a real dogfight right to the end. Zach was a very worthy "Champion Golfer of the Year!

Edited by PEZGolf
had to complete the last word

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

I would have to give it to The US Open. It was enthralling till the end. You have Tiger trying to scrap together a good round. The green issue. Louis Oosthuizen on what could have been. Dustin Johnson on what could have been. Jordan just being the last one standing. Jason Day putting on a gritty performance with the vertigo issue. It was awesome. 

Yep, my vote goes for the US Open. 

Also, this thread would have been great if it had a poll ;) 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Poll added. C'mon, @PEZGolf.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I was torn between the US Open and The Open (respect to the original Open), and finally voted for The Open Championship.   The whole idea of Jordan Spieth having a shot at a 3rd straight major, sinking that long, snaking putt on 16, bogeying 17, and then almost pulling it out on 18, that's pretty compelling stuff.   Plus all that crazy weather where they couldn't even place their ball on one of the greens without the wind moving it.  I love seeing the pros having to deal with really weird conditions like that. 

Note: This thread is 3035 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!