IGNORED

My Swing (Vinchenzo561)

Vinchenzo561
Note: This thread is 2641 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Great work @Vinchenzo561

Nice work staying more centered. I think you still need to get MORE weight forward but you're definitely making some good changes.

Much better!!!

Edit* Erik, aka @iacas beat me to it, but great job changing the picture!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

@iacas @Ernest Jones Thank you guys very much for the feedback and compliments I really appreciate it! I will continue to work with this swing until it becomes natural to just step up to the ball and fire away. I can still see my head moving a little bit but it looks much better than before. I need to really focus on one thing at a time to have better results in the end instead of cluttering my brain with 20 different swing thoughts. It will come to me I can feel it!! As for getting my weight more forward when I try to really stomp on the gas I come wayyyy out of my swing and my tempo gets all out of sync. Thanks again for all your guys help it has shown a significant change on the range today. I wish I did not have almost 30mph wind in the face but my shots were pure so I will take it lol. 

I will continue to post my swing progress keep an eye out thanks fella's 

Driver - covert 2.0 (9.5) Woods - covert 2.0 (3/5) Hybrids - covert 2.0 (3/4) Irons - vrs-x (5/SW) Putter - :odyssey: metal X (33")

11 hours ago, Vinchenzo561 said:

@iacas @Ernest Jones Thank you guys very much for the feedback and compliments I really appreciate it! I will continue to work with this swing until it becomes natural to just step up to the ball and fire away. I can still see my head moving a little bit but it looks much better than before. I need to really focus on one thing at a time to have better results in the end instead of cluttering my brain with 20 different swing thoughts. It will come to me I can feel it!! As for getting my weight more forward when I try to really stomp on the gas I come wayyyy out of my swing and my tempo gets all out of sync. Thanks again for all your guys help it has shown a significant change on the range today. I wish I did not have almost 30mph wind in the face but my shots were pure so I will take it lol. 

I will continue to post my swing progress keep an eye out thanks fella's 

Keep filming your swing too so you don't fall back into the previous issue. It will take a while for you to make it automatic. Periodic check-ups help.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• 9 months later...

Hey everyone sorry I have not been on much since the birth of my son. But I am back!! lol I have been working on my swing as always and I have been fighting a flip and a open face at the top does anyone have any advice on why this is happening? Is it a cause or effect type flaw thanks and always appreciated. 

Edited by RandallT
Fixed embed

Driver - covert 2.0 (9.5) Woods - covert 2.0 (3/5) Hybrids - covert 2.0 (3/4) Irons - vrs-x (5/SW) Putter - :odyssey: metal X (33")

Watch the arch in your lower back. 

I would watch how much you rotate the club inward from A1 to A3

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

12 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Watch the arch in your lower back. 

I would watch how much you rotate the club inward from A1 to A3

Thank you for the feedback. Could you please explain the a1 a2 etc. Positions. Also any idea why I breakdown the lead arm at impact. Is it something I have to do in order to hit the ball or am I doing it without needing too. Thanks again. 

A1- address

A2- shaft parallel backswing

A3- lead arm parallel backswing 

A4- top

A5- lead arm parallel downswing 

A6- shaft parallel downswing

A7- impact

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

13 minutes ago, Vinchenzo561 said:

Thank you for the feedback. Could you please explain the a1 a2 etc. Positions. Also any idea why I breakdown the lead arm at impact. Is it something I have to do in order to hit the ball or am I doing it without needing too. Thanks again. 

The club gets steeper in the downswing, the lower body sways too much, and coupled that you don't get your hips more open at impact. This means you'll note have your weight enough forward at impact, and the lack of hip turn stalls the swing causing a flip. When you flip and you have a steep swing you tend to see golfers chicken wing the lead arm to help control the low point so they don't fat the shot.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

1 hour ago, saevel25 said:

The club gets steeper in the downswing, the lower body sways too much, and coupled that you don't get your hips more open at impact. This means you'll note have your weight enough forward at impact, and the lack of hip turn stalls the swing causing a flip. When you flip and you have a steep swing you tend to see golfers chicken wing the lead arm to help control the low point so they don't fat the shot.

I definitely see that in my swing. I started doing something different last night that felt really good and powerful. I don't see anyone do this move and I'm not sure if it's correct but it has seemed to work last night. What I do is right before I start my backswing I press down hard on my left side with a little forward press then make my backswing I feel a lot of torque and pressure loading my right side. Then I drive my legs hard left while keeping my wrist and arms loose I was making great contact and felt like I was extending and releasing through the ball. I will post another video today if I can. I hope it's not just a band aid fix that will soon fall off once it gets wet lol. Thanks. 

• 1 month later...

Well I'm back in a funk and can't break 90 now to save my life!! I can tell my swing has flaws in it. I just can't seem to fix them. I got some early extension going on with a slight chicken wing. Currently hitting pull/draws,snap hooks occasional push fade and sometimes a nice push draw. What do you guys see? I practice almost daily and I'm starting to get a little discouraged. :( thanks for any and all tips. Ps haven't broke 90 in about 2-3 months. I have been trying to make swing changes as well. 

Sorry at the moment I do not have any face on views. I will update asap. Thanks. 

well I think I have found one of my problems. I have no extension going through impact. My left elbow just folds in and around instead of extending. I played on Monday and shot a 49 front and a 42 back with simple mistakes on the back. I started to feel good again. I'm hoping that fixing my extension will put my other faults back in place. Here is a video of the game before Monday. Let me know what you think. Are there any good drills for getting through impact better? Thanks for any and all advice. 

Sorry about the quality I uploaded them in HD but it only works if I select to play the video in better quality. Not sure as to why. 

Note: This thread is 2641 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!