IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (February 2016)

Dave325
Note: This thread is 2980 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

haven't posted in here in a few days, but I spent the weekend at the driving range working on things. Friday I managed about 10 minutes of reps, no balls... Today the same but in the office. No club either, just rehearsing my back swing, with a narrower stance, steady head, and exaggerating weight forward on the down swing. 

IN MY BAG
Driver: Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver
3 Wood: Calloway RAZR Hawk
Hybrid: Ping 19*
Irons: Mizuno JPX 825
Wedges: 52, 56 Cleveland
Putter: Odyssey White Ice

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Snuck out at lunch to the practice green to practice chipping and pitching.  I practiced every day this month (and the last few months, too), but I don't think I'll participate in any more of the "5 minutes daily" threads.

Mirror work today. I worked on my takeaway making sure the hands go in and the clubhead goes out. I also practiced some putting in the living room. I did the quarters drill trying to start the ball on line.

11 hours ago, Lihu said:

Mirror work shortening my backswing.

Got in all days in February, actually made some progress this month.

Over two months my average score went down 1.4 strokes, not sure what changed exactly. Getting closer to the greens. Putting and short game skills need to catch up a bit, my near green approach type of bogeys and doubles really need to stop.

Played 13 holes. Horrible playing, but I was actually testing out my Frankendriver. Almost got my second sand save for the week at 3 feet and missed the putt :-P

Frankendriver seemed to be okay, but I put a lot of spin on the ball and the median drive was about 12 yards shorter than with my combined Ping i25 9.5 degree PWR55 S and Cobra 9 degree Steel X300 46.75" median drives. My 80 yard drive hit a tree and bounced back quite a way back. The hybrid helped me recover.

I'm going to work on shortening my backswing some more to keep the transition nice and smooth. See if that helps me keep the spin down.

Well, going to start reporting in next months thread.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Wrap-up for the month of February: Spent some time in the backyard working on backswing and downswing drills (12 balls from the front (backswing) and the same 12 balls back with the downswing drills. Repeated this twice and ended with chipping practice.

Later in the evening (inside), worked putting (speed, accelerate the backstroke and follow though distance)... Worked on the coin drill. Followed up with some pitching (whiffle balls in the house) practice focusing on the key elements and letting the club head fall with the shorter distance pitches. Last step for the day, a little more chip practice, focusing on the shoulders, weight distribution and follow through (keeping the club head down). Overall, a good practice day considering I had to fit in a trip to the dentist (arg). See you in March. 

Dave

• iacas unpinned this topic
Note: This thread is 2980 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!