IGNORED

Lightweight golf bag for walking

Note: This thread is 2943 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am in the market for a new golf bag. I like walking so I want something that is light, easy on the back but also durable. Some of the names I have found interesting are DaTrek go lite pro &  Sun mountain 4 5 . 

What bag would you suggest for someone who prefers to walk the course ?

Burner 10.5 *
Burner 15*
Rescue 19*
Voit V5 Hybrid 24*
MX-25 5-PW CG14 52*,56*,60* Ignite 002

I had a Sun Mountain Three-5  (or is it 3-Five) and it held up well and was comfortable to carry.  I now have a Ping Hoofer, and if anything I like it even better.  Either one of those would definitely be a good choice.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have something very much like this

http://www.worldwidegolfshops.com/ProActive-Sports-7-Sunday-Carry-Bag/10112965/Product?gclid=CIS2tbWH2ssCFZSCaQodDyUIxw

Any search on "golf day bag" will results in lots of little lightweight bags.  I got this as a Christmas present and one can put in every other club and go to the range or a quick walking round, whatever.....A couple pockets is all you need.

I had this in the car for the golf dome this winter, easier than hauling my entire setup in and out just for practice too.

edit:  I zoomed in on the picture.. that IS my bag.  It's nice.

Bill - 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

57 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

I had a Sun Mountain Three-5  (or is it 3-Five) and it held up well and was comfortable to carry.  I now have a Ping Hoofer, and if anything I like it even better.  Either one of those would definitely be a good choice.

I totally agree. I have a Hoofer and a 3.5, and prefer the Hoofer.the Hoofer is a bit heavier,but the straps distribute the weight in a way where it doesn't really feel heavier. The material, the pockets, and the overall construction makes it feel like a higher quality bag.

• 2 weeks later...

i have a tiny ping soft bag with a single strap that holds 7 clubs perfectly. 4 balls a few tees in my pocket and i'm off.

Search minimalist golf.

Might change your life!

Note: This thread is 2943 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!