Note: This thread is 2923 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been thinking about getting a driving iron, I currently play a Nike VRS 21º looking to get a driving iron to replace it. I'm looking for one with some forgiveness and easy to hit. I'm a pretty good ball striker, I saw Cobra drops a new Utility Iron on May 1st but not sure if you'd qualify that as a driving iron though, Let me know what you guys think.

Callaway GBB 9º
Titleist 913F 15°
King Cobra Utility Iron 19.5º
Srixon z765 4-AW
Vokey sm5 56°, 60°
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.6

Why do you think you need a driving iron? Does your hybrid go to high or a you looking for something to switch out with the hybrid every once in a while?

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm looking to have something that i can switch out and i also hit my hybrid a little too high for windy days. Last couple of times I've gone out its been a tough wind and my hybrid just gets lost but I don't have my 3 iron in commission right now either.

Callaway GBB 9º
Titleist 913F 15°
King Cobra Utility Iron 19.5º
Srixon z765 4-AW
Vokey sm5 56°, 60°
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.6

Taylormade UDI's are going for cheap right now.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

My vote is the Tour Edge CB Pro H. Hot face and forgiving. I've cracked a couple 250 plus yarders with mine. As poor as I hit a driver it could replace it. 

Dave :-)

On 4/22/2016 at 8:28 PM, CSTACK said:

I'm looking to have something that i can switch out and i also hit my hybrid a little too high for windy days. Last couple of times I've gone out its been a tough wind and my hybrid just gets lost but I don't have my 3 iron in commission right now either.

A 15 degree loft FW will keep your ball at a lower loft than your 21 degree hybrid and from my own experience give you better distance than a driving iron would.

15 minutes ago, 9wood said:

A 15 degree loft FW will keep your ball at a lower loft than your 21 degree hybrid and from my own experience give you better distance than a driving iron would.

Not sure this is going to work out for the OP, as you're talking about 6 degrees and 2-4 inches more club than a 21 degree hybrid. Plus ball flight on a FW is usually pretty high anyway. It doesn't get it any lower than a hybrid?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

6 hours ago, Dave2512 said:

My vote is the Tour Edge CB Pro H. Hot face and forgiving. I've cracked a couple 250 plus yarders with mine. As poor as I hit a driver it could replace it. 

me too fun off the tee and fairway if it has a perfect lie !!!!!!!!

4 hours ago, Lihu said:

Not sure this is going to work out for the OP, as you're talking about 6 degrees and 2-4 inches more club than a 21 degree hybrid. Plus ball flight on a FW is usually pretty high anyway. It doesn't get it any lower than a hybrid?

I have noticed that I do indeed get high lofts with my 3 FW when I set up with the ball positioned in front of my left foot, but I can get lower lofts when I set up with the ball more towards my right foot

40 minutes ago, 9wood said:

I have noticed that I do indeed get high lofts with my 3 FW when I set up with the ball positioned in front of my left foot, but I can get lower lofts when I set up with the ball more towards my right foot

This is more normal, but inside the left foot by a couple balls or so. I don't recommend the other way.

To the OP, here's the UDI:

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

2 hours ago, Lihu said:

This is more normal, but inside the left foot by a couple balls or so. I don't recommend the other way.

To the OP, here's the UDI:

Good videos. I also watched the video he made on the Adams DHY and he likes the Adams DHY better than the Taylormade UDI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_1571228715&feature=iv&src_vid=znB6chbd0hM&v=z19XozYhfY4

Note: This thread is 2923 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!