IGNORED

Happy 50th John Daly

nevets88
Note: This thread is 2908 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

4 hours ago, newtogolf said:

Wait, you're a big Daly fan but you hate Tiger?  

What does that have to do with anything in this discussion?? Who the heck cares? I wouldn't exactly say Tiger and JD are overly similar people/personalities so why is this a question? Better yet, why can't some folks on this site just accept that not everyone loves Tiger (as hard as that is to believe @sarc) and move on??

Getting back to the topic, I wish JD the best on the champions tour and am cautiously optimistic that he can hopefully find some happiness and success out there.

Edited by skydog

2 hours ago, skydog said:

What does that have to do with anything in this discussion?? Who the heck cares? I wouldn't exactly say Tiger and JD are overly similar people/personalities so why is this a question? Better yet, why can't some folks on this site just accept that not everyone loves Tiger (as hard as that is to believe @sarc) and move on??

Getting back to the topic, I wish JD the best on the champions tour and am cautiously optimistic that he can hopefully find some happiness and success out there.

I'd like him to find some comfort, but let's not forget that many of the Champions Tour Players are very good. He may not come close to winning. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ha - this turned out to be kind of a funny "happy birthday", lol.

Hey - JD- happy 50th.  Tiger Woods is a jerk and so are you.  Good luck on the Champion's Tour!

On April 29, 2016 at 8:14 PM, Patch said:

37 minutes ago, Natural Patrick said:

John with the 1 iron off the tee on the 9th.Wonder how many players on the Champions tour even have a 1 iron in their bag?

At least with the Champions Tour, you're not asking if the other players have hit a 1-iron in their entire lives.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

2 hours ago, Chilli Dipper said:

At least with the Champions Tour, you're not asking if the other players have hit a 1-iron in their entire lives.

No I'm not asking that, what I'm asking is, How many 50+ year old players on the Champions tour. have a 1 iron in their bag? I would bet you can count on one hand, how many even carry a 2 iron. We are talking about in the the Champions tour in 2016 are we not ?

Seems to be holding his own, so far. -4 right now. If he can keep it under par and finish in the top 20 I'd say its a great success. Right now T12.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

315 average driving distance for the week. That would be among the top of the young guys tour most any weekend. Pretty darn impressive.

HIs putting and scrambling for the weekend were near the bottom of the field. If that can improve at least a bit, there's no reason he can't contend on a somewhat regular basis.

Note: This thread is 2908 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!