IGNORED

July Maine Trip

Note: This thread is 2888 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Heading to Maine at the end of July to move my son out of his apartment in Orono.  Bringing my wife for her first visit to Maine.  Staying in Portland a couple of days, Camden a few days and then Bangor (where I'm from) for a for days.

Hope to get in 5 or 6 rounds over the week.

Will definitely play:

Samoset Golf Club - it's called the "Pebble Beach of the East" - Great Course, great views of the Atlantic.

course-tour.jpg

Penobscot Valley CC - I used to be a member here back in the early 2000's, great Donald Ross course, he made a trip up 95 and designed a slew of great courses.  Augusta CC, Waterville CC (Mike "Fluff" Cowan was a member here and I believe an asst. pro at one time) , Portland CC, York CC, Biddeford Saco CC and a few others.

Kebo Valley - along with Aroostook Valley CC these are two of my favorite courses in Maine.  :beer:

course5-581x332.jpg

Acadia National Park is in the background.

Hopefully I'll play a couple of different courses in the Portland area while I'm in town.  Going to see if my pro can get me on any of the private courses in the area, as I've played all of the public courses.  Sable Oaks has kicked my butt several times over the years.  

• Upvote 1

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Congratulations on the wedding!

I miss New England. Was not a golfer back 17 years ago when I lived there in Mass near Nashua valley, but am a sucker for courses with mountain view backdrops now.

Enjoy!

Vishal S.

4 hours ago, GolfLug said:

Congratulations on the wedding!

I miss New England. Was not a golfer back 17 years ago when I lived there in Mass near Nashua valley, but am a sucker for courses with mountain view backdrops now.

Enjoy!

Thanks V

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

On 5/27/2016 at 9:27 AM, jsgolfer said:

Heading to Maine at the end of July to move my son out of his apartment in Orono.  Bringing my wife for her first visit to Maine.  Staying in Portland a couple of days, Camden a few days and then Bangor (where I'm from) for a for days.

Hope to get in 5 or 6 rounds over the week.

Will definitely play:

Samoset Golf Club - it's called the "Pebble Beach of the East" - Great Course, great views of the Atlantic.

course-tour.jpg

Penobscot Valley CC - I used to be a member here back in the early 2000's, great Donald Ross course, he made a trip up 95 and designed a slew of great courses.  Augusta CC, Waterville CC (Mike "Fluff" Cowan was a member here and I believe an asst. pro at one time) , Portland CC, York CC, Biddeford Saco CC and a few others.

Kebo Valley - along with Aroostook Valley CC these are two of my favorite courses in Maine.  :beer:

course5-581x332.jpg

Acadia National Park is in the background.

Hopefully I'll play a couple of different courses in the Portland area while I'm in town.  Going to see if my pro can get me on any of the private courses in the area, as I've played all of the public courses.  Sable Oaks has kicked my butt several times over the years.  

Nice man I'll probably be playing a lot of rounds at penobby June-July as well as Hidden Meadows which is my "kick Back and Relax" course nice 9 hole not to out of the way but just enough that you can play at your own pace without having to feel rushed. Hope the weather is good for you, today it's supposed to be 86 and mostly sunny!

-Josh 

"Why set yourself up for Failure, when you can set yourself up to succeed" -GolfMaineiac26

Sable is fun and Prouts neck would be fun if you can swing it. Sunday River has golf now times.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

10 hours ago, GolfMaineiac26 said:

Nice man I'll probably be playing a lot of rounds at penobby June-July as well as Hidden Meadows which is my "kick Back and Relax" course nice 9 hole not to out of the way but just enough that you can play at your own pace without having to feel rushed. Hope the weather is good for you, today it's supposed to be 86 and mostly sunny!

Is Mark Hall still one of the pro's at Penobby? I've known him since high school

-Jerry

Note: This thread is 2888 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!