IGNORED

New Member from Canada Eh!

Das_onionknight
Note: This thread is 3016 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello everyone,

Super happy being a member after spending a ton of time on here reading stuff as a guest. I have been playing for a year on a small 4000 yard course. But have played a handfull of rounds on a couple different par 72's while developing fundamentals but I am hoping to maybe grow my game a bit more from advice, since being a university student means no money for lessons. Still, I think I am on a good start over the past year I score on average 100 but am breaking into the 90's more often. Even broke through 90 once, everything seemed to click. My most proud moments were my 1st Birdie and Eagle. 

Edited by Das_onionknight
Missing word

Welcome to TST!!

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

G'day, eh. Fellow Canuck here. You've come to the right place. Participate in golf threads to build up a bit of a rep with everybody and then start a My Swing thread. Tons of great advice on here but you gotta put something in before you start pulling stuff out. Cruise around, join some conversations and make some buddies. 

Stay out of the political threads, those are death. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

8 minutes ago, Ernest Jones said:

G'day, eh. Fellow Canuck here. You've come to the right place. Participate in golf threads to build up a bit of a rep with everybody and then start a My Swing thread. Tons of great advice on here but you gotta put something in before you start pulling stuff out. Cruise around, join some conversations and make some buddies. 

Stay out of the political threads, those are death. 

What part do you hail from, all the way from the Capical for me. Thank you for the advice, a my swing video is coming as soon as I can get my buddy with me to the range. 

The other problem is as a law school student political arguememts are so much fun but I'll be try to stay alive

From PEI, live in Quebec. Sitting in a hotel room in Ottawa as we "speak". 

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Welcome eh.    My wife and I were in Niagara Falls a couple of weeks ago and was disappointed to only hear two people say "eh".    Lovely country.   Enjoy the forum.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

1 hour ago, Das_onionknight said:

@14ledo81

Thanks, can you tell me what new things might open up for a newer member as time goes on. Once again thank you for the welcome. 

I'm gonna go along with @Ernest Jones.  Start a my swing thread. 

Also, there is a lot of good factual information here. You should have as much reading as you want for quite awhile.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

41 minutes ago, Ernest Jones said:

From PEI, live in Quebec. Sitting in a hotel room in Ottawa as we "speak". 

Are you going to try and get out and play a round in Ottawa. 

23 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

Welcome eh.    My wife and I were in Niagara Falls a couple of weeks ago and was disappointed to only hear two people say "eh".    Lovely country.   Enjoy the forum.

On behalf of all Canadians thank you. I have never been to the falls. The Eh thing is a bit of a Prarie's thing but we are all proud of it. And poutine!

1 hour ago, Das_onionknight said:

Are you going to try and get out and play a round in Ottawa. 

No. Just a quick in and out for a 60 minute meeting. Leaving in the AM.  

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Note: This thread is 3016 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!