IGNORED

DNC

Gunther
Note: This thread is 2833 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

9 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

You do get points for using 'nihilistic' in a sentence. My 10th grade Social Studies teacher would be proud of you.:-P

Oh, what difference does it make? We'll all be dead in 100 years, anyway.

29 minutes ago, Gunther said:

As I've also said before, Trump wasn't my 1st choice but he's the only choice now.  It's a vote for change or the status quo; as 70% of Americans think we're on the wrong track, it seems change is our only option.

Counter-point: when someone tells you there's only one option, he's usually hoping you don't realize there are other options.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Chilli Dipper said:

Oh, what difference does it make? We'll all be dead in 100 years, anyway.

Counter-point: when someone tells you there's only one option, he's usually hoping you don't realize there are other options.

Given that Clinton has said she will continue Obama's policies (probably under duress from the man himself) then there is only 1 option for change.  Unless you're thinking about Libertarian or Green.  I'd be quite pleased if you went with Jill Stein, she's pretty good from all I've heard.  ;-)

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 minutes ago, Gunther said:

Given that Clinton has said she will continue Obama's policies (probably under duress from the man himself) then there is only 1 option for change.  Unless you're thinking about Libertarian or Green.  I'd be quite pleased if you went with Jill Stein, she's pretty good from all I've heard.  ;-)

You may only have one option, but the soccer moms out there don't.

Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

8 minutes ago, Chilli Dipper said:

You may only have one option, but the soccer moms out there don't.

That dynamic shifted after Clinton left in 2000.  Single women will carry Hillary, married (or soccer moms) go for Republicans.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

1 hour ago, Gunther said:

You're a hyper-partisan, I get it, not a knock, I'd describe myself the same.  But you know that you've been wrong on your Trump predictions for the past year, every single one.  You're wrong this time too.

I've acknowledged many times here that Trump is a Dem.  I don't vote for the party, I vote for the platform.  While Trump's lack of traditional conservative principles bugs me, there is no question that his platform is more conservative than Romney or McCain, esp. around immigration which I view as one of our biggest challenges.  I recognize I'm going to disagree with him regularly but as long as he is making headway on the bigger issues, I'll bite my tongue.

As I've also said before, Trump wasn't my 1st choice but he's the only choice now.  It's a vote for change or the status quo; as 70% of Americans think we're on the wrong track, it seems change is our only option.

Just my opinion, But I think Trump's lack of Conservative principals may cause some conservatives to either vote 3rd party or not vote at all. Not to many a few of his programs/policies (the wall & tax cuts) are going to cost alot of our tax dollars. Not sure where Trump plans on freeing up a couple billion for a wall or to combat the tax cuts.

Not to mention with his recent allegedly treasonous comments to Russia, per William Inboden, he may drive off more conservatives!

33 minutes ago, Gunther said:

That dynamic shifted after Clinton left in 2000.  Single women will carry Hillary, married (or soccer moms) go for Republicans.

Below is a decent article explaining the "myth" of Soccer Moms and who is the new "soccer moms".

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/07/2016-election-battleground-swing-states-soccer-moms-nascar-dads-demographics-trump-clinton-214047

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

5 minutes ago, Elmer said:

Below is a decent article explaining the "myth" of Soccer Moms and who is the new "soccer moms".

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/07/2016-election-battleground-swing-states-soccer-moms-nascar-dads-demographics-trump-clinton-214047

And that's why you saw Tim Kaine speak at length about his Jesuit background last night. Catholics are crucial in this election; furthermore, this Pope delivers a very different type of rhetoric than the one who reigned four years ago.

14 minutes ago, Chilli Dipper said:

And that's why you saw Tim Kaine speak at length about his Jesuit background last night. Catholics are crucial in this election; furthermore, this Pope delivers a very different type of rhetoric than the one who reigned four years ago.

As far as I can tell Time Kaine walks the walk. Jesuit missionary in Honduras, Son is serving in the Military.
Which bring up this nice little article about the NC GOP and how a local Reporter from my Neck of the woods called them out!
http://abc11.com/politics/whoops-nc-gop-shames-kaine-for-flag-pin/1446868/
It seems to me that the Dems are more aligned with what the Pope is preaching!

BTW @Gunther @newtogolf
Great article "Why I’m voting for Trump and you should too"`

https://medium.com/@lamontanarusa/why-im-voting-for-trump-and-you-should-too-e74b23a97953#.fofq6uue8

Edited by Elmer

In my Grom:

Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

2 minutes ago, Elmer said:

As far as I can tell Time Kaine walks the walk. Jesuit missonary in Hondurous, Son is serving in the Military. 

Walks what walk?  These qualities will lose them votes among the base.

7 minutes ago, Gunther said:

Out of curiosity, which base are you referring to?

12 minutes ago, Elmer said:

Please, @Elmer, lay off that sort of flame-baiting. That's not going to make the difference.

6 minutes ago, Chilli Dipper said:

Please, @Elmer, lay off that sort of flame-baiting. That's not going to make the difference.

Sorry,

Not intending to flame-baiting, I just thought it was humorous.
I know that they each have individual beliefs and ideals and it is not my place to change their mind!

10 minutes ago, Gunther said:

I know many Liberals and moderate dem who are religious or have served in the military. Or both!
I dont know where the idea came from that Dem/Liberals are all atheist pacifists?

In my Grom:

Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

11 minutes ago, Chilli Dipper said:

Dem base.  I didn't say he'd lose all votes or that all Dems are atheist-pacifists, but he'll lose votes because of this.  There are some freaks in your party, been on display all week.  (Yes, we have a few loons too).

Thanks for the heads up on that article, I never click into his stuff anyway but good to know my instincts are correct.

1 minute ago, Gunther said:

Dem base.  I didn't say he'd lose all votes or that all Dems are atheist-pacifists, but he'll lose votes because of this.  There are some freaks in your party, been on display all week.  (Yes, we have a few loons too).

Thanks for the heads up on that article, I never click into his stuff anyway but good to know my instincts are correct.

Both parties have loons. whether it be evangelicals, conservatives, Bernie supporters, ultra liberal wackos.
They are everywhere!

If you did not read the article on Soccer Moms, it was a decent  insightfull non partison read

In my Grom:

Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Guys, by the time the elections get here, HRC will be involved in at least two more scandals and Trump will have said at least five stupid things that could cost him the election.  

Ignore all the polls, enjoy the rest of the summer and we'll get back at it in October.  :beer:

Joe Paradiso

12 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

Guys, by the time the elections get here, HRC will be involved in at least two more scandals and Trump will have said at least five stupid things that could cost him the election.  

Ignore all the polls, enjoy the rest of the summer and we'll get back at it in October.  :beer:

Good points all.  I'm out...for now.

1 hour ago, newtogolf said:

I agree, good point.

But I think you went a little low with the 2 & 5!!!!

In my Grom:

Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

You knew that someone was going to ask Trump what have you sacrificed.  To have the father of a dead Muslim soldier do it was epic.  That was a home run.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

• Administrator

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 2833 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!