IGNORED

DNC

Gunther
Note: This thread is 2833 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Since @Elmer graciously started the RNC thread, I felt it incumbent on me to begin this one.  Feel free to post your anti-Clinton memes, comedian clips, YouTube bits, and of course, your commentary, pro and con.

I'll begin with a question about the VP selection, Kaine.  I don't know much about him but it seems a reasonable pick.  Trump needs VA and wealthy NOVA government beaurocrats have recently proliferated and turned once red VA, pretty deep purple.  The VA Supreme Court ruling overturning McAuliffe's attempt to allow convicts to vote helps Trump but Kaine could turn them blue again this Nov.  No idea how popular he is there.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Clinton is more polished in lying, thievery,  political corruption, and other misdeeds against America. This my story, and I am sticking to it. This is also all I have to say on her campaign. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Kaine is a smart pick as he's more moderate and she's more left.  I'm not sure if the Bernie supporters will be pleased with the selection and it appears they will be the difference between HRC winning or not.  

Joe Paradiso

Bernie supporters are not pleased. I'm a Bernie supporter, but after seeing the nearly Nuremberg rally last week, I'm saying screw the "progressive purity test." I think she realized she's not going to get the #BernieorBust crowd anyway. Warren is in a state where the governor would pick a republican to replace her, and the VP is essentially a paperweight. Warren is not liked by Wall Street and she needs the SuperPAC money for the fall. Trump is going to dump a lot of his personal funds into the campaign. Virginia's Democratic governor will pick a Democrat to replace Kaine. I think this was the final reason for the choice.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

3 minutes ago, Dave2512 said:

Anxiously awaiting the DNC response to powerhouse speakers like Scott Baio, He will be hard to top.

Maybe one of Bill's girlfriends or hookers will speak at the DNC.  

Joe Paradiso

2 minutes ago, Dave2512 said:

Anxiously awaiting the DNC response to powerhouse speakers like Scott Baio, He will be hard to top.

Good point, Michael Brown's mother will be quite compelling.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Oh, we've gotten off to such a civil and not at all inflammatory start to this thread.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

10 minutes ago, DrvFrShow said:

Bernie supporters are not pleased. I'm a Bernie supporter, but after seeing the nearly Nuremberg rally last week, I'm saying screw the "progressive purity test." I think she realized she's not going to get the #BernieorBust crowd anyway. Warren is in a state where the governor would pick a republican to replace her, and the VP is essentially a paperweight. Warren is not liked by Wall Street and she needs the SuperPAC money for the fall. Trump is going to dump a lot of his personal funds into the campaign. Virginia's Democratic governor will pick a Democrat to replace Kaine. I think this was the final reason for the choice.

Good take on the Senate implications, I didn't even make that connection.

I'm happy to hear Bernie voters won't be happy.  I've also seen some backlash on Twitter that this ticket has no emotional connections to compel blacks to turn out.  

Will be interesting to see the Bernie demonstrators, more expected in Philly than were in Cle.  

2 hours ago, Gunther said:

I'll begin with a question about the VP selection, Kaine.  I don't know much about him but it seems a reasonable pick.  Trump needs VA and wealthy NOVA government beaurocrats have recently proliferated and turned once red VA, pretty deep purple.  The VA Supreme Court ruling overturning McAuliffe's attempt to allow convicts to vote helps Trump but Kaine could turn them blue again this Nov.  No idea how popular he is there.

Since it's law in Virginia that a Governor can only serve on term in office at a time it makes it difficult to gauge their time there. During his time as Governor the state of Virginia was one of three states to earn the highest grade in terms of management in a report by the non-partisan Pew Center on the States. Also, Virginia took first place each year from 2006 to 2009 in the "Best States For Business" rankings published by Forbes magazine.

I think he's a good pick as VP. Virginia has gone Democrat the last two elections. 

For his term in the Senate he's got a very good relationship in working with both Democrats and Republicans. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

37 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

Maybe one of Bill's girlfriends or hookers will speak at the DNC.  

Uh, aren't we forgetting a few things about Trump's past? Quite the double-standard you'd need to possess for that joke to work.

Edited by drmevo

3 minutes ago, drmevo said:

Uh, aren't we forgetting a few things about Trump's past? Quite the double-standard you'd need to possess for that joke to work.

Okay, so let's say former interns, feel better?

Joe Paradiso

15 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

Okay, so let's say former interns, feel better?

It's OK, conservative comedy very rarely hits the mark as it is.

29 minutes ago, Elrey Desol said:

Kaine is a U of Missouri grad, yet roots for the Jayhawks.

something not quite right about that.

John Brown something.  Bleeding heart something.

Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

10 hours ago, Gunther said:

I'm happy to hear Bernie voters won't be happy.  I've also seen some backlash on Twitter that this ticket has no emotional connections to compel blacks to turn out.  

So you don't want "blacks" to turn out?  Very subtle.

5 hours ago, burtonda said:

So you don't want "blacks" to turn out?  Very subtle.

Provided they vote Trump, I'm all for a strong black turnout.

1 hour ago, Gunther said:

Provided they vote Trump, I'm all for a strong black turnout.

Trump is polling at zero percent among black voters in Ohio and Pennsylvania. He's got work to do winning them over.

Note: This thread is 2833 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!