IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge August 2016

iacas
Note: This thread is 2756 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

8/08 - grip, stance, take away, low point control, weight shift x 5 mins. Also hope to get out to work on pitches today over lunch

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

8/8/16:

Worked on my getting my club perpendicular when my left arm is parallel to the ground this morning. Basically a wrist hinge drill for 10 to 15 minutes this morning.

100 Consecutive Days of Practice. 

This and posture are my two big issues right now.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track

Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°

I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110

Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

8/8/2016:

15 minutes of practice with easy ~50% swings. Some slow backswings mixed in, focusing on good hip turn and steady head.

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

8/9/16:

Worked on an inside to out path with the "water bottle" drill this morning for about 5-10 minutes.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°

I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110

8/09 - twenty 10ft putts

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

8/9/2016:

Having a hard time finding the focus to practice properly lately. Stepped out front to hit a few in-between rainstorms and found myself rushing a lot and just not into it. Almost gave up but was able to reset and ended up having a nice little 15 minute practice session of slow backswings, pausing at top to feel hip-turn, then after a few of those, a nice easy swing at the ball.

I believe the steady practice regiment I've been following allowed me to pull myself back in and not waste today's practice session. I started out not wanting to practice and just wanting to hit some wedges for fun, but after a few bad shots I started getting a little miffed and was just swinging at the ball trying different things, telling myself it didn't really matter- I was just having fun (but in reality, I wasn't really having any fun). Was ready to call it quits for the day but then found the reset button and had a great practice. Wish I could find that button on the course!

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

8/10 - grip, stance, 5SK #1-3 x 10 mins. Hopefully get out to range today of honeydo list isn't too long.

-Jonny

8/10/16:

Wedge practice mostly 9 to 3 swings.... Working on mostly contact and SK1 and SK2.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

9 hours ago, woodzie264 said:

8/10 - grip, stance, 5SK #1-3 x 10 mins. Hopefully get out to range today of honeydo list isn't too long.

I hit a small bucket, going through while bag. 5SK #1-4 with mid iron approaches

-Jonny

8/10/2016:

10 minutes of putting practice today. Short putts, 3-6 feet. Mostly straight, but a few breaking putts for variety.

Jake

It's been too hot for the range the last few days and I've only done some mirror work. I won't even go to the range before today's league round. It will be 96F and high humidity.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

8/11/16:

My 58 degree wedge has been giving me fits with pitching lately. So I basically said screw it and worked with the 54 degree wedge this morning on my pitching for about ten minutes. Focused mostly on the feeling of dealing cards with my right hand. My 58 degree is on temporary timeout from pitching and any kind of shot with more than just a chipping motion. If I have an 75 yard shot, I'll just hit a roughly 10 to 2 54 degree. And saw it off down to pitching motion.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

8/10/2016:

Lots of rain by the time I got home this evening. Spent some time inside practicing my putting. Straight putts down the hallway at various distances, 3-8 feet.

Jake

8/12/16:

Putting w/ Alina this morning... We did the "tee drill" to 15' first to make the fifteen footer wins. Of course Alina won. I haven't made a fifteen footer since the 17th hole at Conklin.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

8/12 - pitching (focus on wrist hinge and letting body follow through) & chipping x 30 mins. 

-Jonny

(oops, noticed I used the wrong date in my post yesterday, hopefully that won't hurt me :)

8/12/2016:

Finally convinced my son to come out in the yard and hit a few with me. It's funny, I've been asking, "wanna play some golf with me," and he just says, "maybe later." But tonight, as I was walking to the door I looked at him and said, "wanna come out and get beat in golf?" and he jumped right up and came outside with chest puffed up. :-P

After he went inside, I spent some time alternating between slow backswings, stopping at the top to focus on feeling of my right hip stretched away from where it started, and then an easy ~60-70% full shot. 

Jake

8/13/16:

"Play Free Bird!"

Wait a sec this is the practice thread. I pitched some foam balls in the yard working on technique.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

8/13 - grip, stance, low point, 5SK #1-3. Hopefully will get to range tomorrow.

-Jonny

Note: This thread is 2756 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!