IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge August 2016

iacas
Note: This thread is 2756 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

8/23 - slow swings with 8i x 5 mins. Really short today

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

8/24/16:

Wedge shots with limited flight balls in the yard this morning. Focused on acceleration through the shot and contact.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track

Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°

I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110

Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

8/24 - played 18 today. There were some tight fairways on which I tried punching a driver. I was getting out to 210 with it which was nice way to keep it safely in fairway. Flubbed a couple approaches which was discouraging. Putting was good

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

8/24/2016:

Late night, but managed to squeeze in some putting in the hallway before bed. Practiced short putts through a couple of coin gates.

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

8/25/16:

Manage to get some short iron work in before I headed to work... Mostly the same old song and dance acceleration through the ball.

117 days in a row!!! What?! I'm becoming a Practice Challenge veteran.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°

I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110

8/25 - grip, stance, slow take away, low point control, weight shift. 

-Jonny

8/25/2016:

10 minutes of slow backswings followed by an easy full shot. Focus was mainly on going slow and keeping head steady. Only other thought was about club face direction coming through the ball.

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

8/26/16:

Worked on my putting stroke this morning. Mostly setup and standing a smidge further from the ball and "rocking the baby".

What's in Shane's Bag?     

15 minutes mirror work. Focused on a bit more palmar flexion at A4 to flatten the shaft more per my Evolvr lesson.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

8/26 - struggled a couple of days ago with my club face control at impact. Spent time today really focused on that with slow swings with my 9i

-Jonny

8/26/2016:

Spent about 30 minutes hitting balls in the front yard. Started with slow backswings without a club, checking hip turn and head position at different positions. Then alternated between slow-mo swings and easy full shots for a while.

Jake

8/27/16:

Played the qualifying round of the 2016 Ithaca City Championship. Shot 89. 1 birdie on 2, 6 pars, 6 bogeys, 3 doubles, and 2 triples. More later.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

8/27/2016:

slooooow swings hitting shots in the front yard. Started off with slow-motion back and through, and gradually increased speed of swings after every 5 shots or so. Tried hard to make slow, controlled swings that "passed through" each position.

Jake

8/28 - slow swings w/9i x 10 mins. Focus on low point control and weight transfer.

-Jonny

8/28/16:

I must be a terrible golfer. I hit the ball horribly today in my match in the first round of the City Championship. I made more doubles than I can count. Only made 4 pars including a stupid one on the 4th. Hit it all over the lot. Somehow I almost pulled out the match. Even with have to finish with 13 clubs. (Don't ask, Let's just say I have to call Tour Edge tomorrow, my GW is in 2 pieces)... I was 2 down with 4 to play... Made a sort of routine par on 15, I had an 8 foot comebacker (to win the hole). Got up and down on 16 (to win the hole) after missing hitting it in Fall Creek Out of Bounds by 18 inches. I should write a blog on how to swing 5 times on 16 and make a par 3. I halved 17 with a double after hitting it out of bounds on the tee shot. On 18 I hit a perfect drive.... Then I got f***Ing dumb. Erik would be thinking, "Why didn't he hit more club?" 18 was really long and into the wind, I had 240 in and decided I had no chance to reach the green, and tried to "lay-up" with a pitching wedge. I hit it fat, 75 yards in front of me. Blocked a 6-iron right behind the tree. Tried to hit a hero shot with a 58° when I didn't need to. I hit some branches with and it came straight down. Had to climb in the branches and hit a 7-iron to the fringe. Needless to say I needed to hole a 40 footer to extend the match and I didn't... Oh well Consolation Skins next Sunday.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

8/28/2016:

Played two rounds today. Shot 95 and 100. Decent day for driving and irons, but my short game was no bueno. But had a fun day.

On the range before hand, I warmed up with slow-mo full swing/shots. I'm getting better at making a very slow, controlled swing, and still hitting a ball. It's hard to slow down that much without a ball, but even harder with one. My brain wants to swing away! The slow swings felt like a great way to warm up, as I incrementally increased swing speed after a several shots and it felt like it set me up for a good day of iron play.

Jake

8/29 - grip, stance, slow take aways, low point control, in line impact position, weight shift. Also did medicine ball swings at gym this morning working on weight shift.

-Jonny

8/29/16:

Worked on putting today. Mostly short straight putts.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Note: This thread is 2756 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!