IGNORED

This is a well worn wedge

BuckeyeNut
Note: This thread is 2785 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

snappedWedge_zpst3gxphn9.png

The last shot was a green in regulation..............kid you not!      The head flew off..........the ball landed on the green 10' from the hole.  

• Upvote 1

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Lots of faithful service, down to it's last shot, which hopefully resulted in a birdie to honour the death of Mr. Wedge

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

That wedge had character.............for sure!!!!!   

I probably carried it in my bag for longer than I should have to be for sure.  That wedge was probably 6-8yrs old.....................it saw a lot of action.    Wedges need to be replaced much more frequently.  

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

• iacas changed the title to This is a well worn wedge

I am still using a wedge that has been in my bag for well over 10 years. Even though the circle area of ball striking, on the face is visible, all I have ever done is kept it clean,  and changed the grip as needed.  

Is that rust where the shaft snapped of at the hosel? 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

10 hours ago, BuckeyeNut said:

The last shot was a green in regulation..............kid you not!      The head flew off..........the ball landed on the green 10' from the hole.  

Looks like it has been hit out of the sand a few times.

9 hours ago, BuckeyeNut said:

That wedge had character.............for sure!!!!!   

I probably carried it in my bag for longer than I should have to be for sure.  That wedge was probably 6-8yrs old.....................it saw a lot of action.    Wedges need to be replaced much more frequently.  

My 56° Cleveland has been in my bag for at least 6 years and I have no intention of replacing it in the foreseeable future.

I don't see why you would say that they have to be replaced that often.  For me a wedge is much like a putter - when I find one I like, I stay with it.  But then I don't replace any of my clubs as often as many players do.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

15 hours ago, BuckeyeNut said:

Re-shaft her! Don't throw her out 'cause she gave her all!

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Note: This thread is 2785 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!