IGNORED

Golf club thief picked the wrong mark - gets held at gunpoint

nevets88
Note: This thread is 2799 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 hours ago, newtogolf said:

I agree there may be repercussions from using force to restrain a criminal but I believe as long as the force was used to only restrain the individual and no additional bodily harm was done the courts would be lenient in their ruling and most likely no charges would result in most jurisdictions.  

The alternative is the courts send a message to all victims of crimes that they are helpless and must solely depend on the police to capture criminals even when they are face to face with them.    

So, if the only thing I had in my car was my compound bow is it ok to put an arrow in his calf?  You know, just to restrain him.  Arrow style baby.. Please don't tell me there is a difference between a bat to the knee and an arrow to the calf.  

Wouldnt want the court sending a message that criminals can get away with taking my $100 wedge.  :)

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

12 minutes ago, Dave2512 said:

I'm going with machete to the ankle.

The list of possibilities are endless..  Heck, shooting him in the leg is no different than taking a bat to his knee IMO.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

11 minutes ago, Abu3baid said:

The list of possibilities are endless..  Heck, shooting him in the leg is no different than taking a bat to his knee IMO.

Yep, blow dart, wrist rocket, common river rock found in parking lot landscape...

Or how about not doing anything if you need an equalizer to confront the thief? That argument is so silly I can't stop laughing. If the reason you carry a gun, bat or lack of confidence is for anything but self defense when your safety is threatened it's time to rethink why you do it. I would never leave my house thinking you know what someone might steal my clubs today and maybe I'll catch them so I better I better grab a weapon.

I don't keep a bat in my car. I do own a small EDC knife that's handy for opening those pesky products covered in space grade plastic. Couple times I had to pull it on obnoxious twine at Home Depot.

Oops I forgot I do have a Leatherman in my glove box, and a tactical flashlight.

• Upvote 2

Dave :-)

Just bash his head in with a brick. Can't let the terrorists win!

• Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

My quote button is timing out for some reason....

But @iacas I certainly don't mean a victim can break any law of their choosing in return. However, I do believe to SOME extent that it's acceptable to "fight fire with fire." I'm conflicted because of the fact this guy was a retired fire marshal and more so how he verbally responded to the kid. This was a very childish, unstable emotional behavior unfit for a retired fire marshall on the face of it, which is SCARY as a citizen. This is why I believe he should lose his license; Not for just whipping out the gun. Had he handled the situation a little more level headed and as a professional then other bystanders wouldn't have freaking panicked as much and everything would (could) have been under control while conducting a citizens arrest. I understand that everyone must follow the law, period. That's the legislation for most states. However, I believe that if people are victim of a crime and to some degree can get justice (or a reversal of the situation) for it themselves without HARMING anyone, then they should be protected by the state from a frivolous lawsuit against the victim in that case. Yes, the law doesn't read this way, and it's impossible to ever put that in written legislation, but it's just the way I feel. Frivolous lawsuits are killing this country. 

And with that said, had a kid stolen my personal belongings of that value and let's say I had the opportunity to slash the kids tires so he couldn't get away (breaking the law) because the police couldn't arrive in time, I would certainly have done so. Personally I wouldn't have drawn a firearm because frankly I'm aware that I'm unfit to do that without putting other people in harms way. I do not have the skill to handle a firearm confidently. 

D: :tmade: R1 Stiff @ 10* 3W: :tmade: AeroBurner TP 15* 2H: :adams: Super 9031 18* 3-SW: :tmade: R9 Stiff P: :titleist: :scotty_cameron: Futura X7M 35"

Ball: Whatever. Something soft. Kirklands Signature are pretty schweeeet at the moment!

Bag: :sunmountain: C130 Cart Bag Push Cart: :sunmountain: Micro Cart Sport

Note: This thread is 2799 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!