IGNORED

St. Louis (Archland) TST at Stonewolf on Sept. 10

WUTiger
Note: This thread is 2687 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Preferred Time for Stonewolf Outing  

5 members have voted

1. 1. What tee time option do you prefer?

• 9:15 AM for $55
    • 12:15 PM for $40
    • Either one is fine with me.

1 hour ago, Missouri Swede said:

We're not walking??  :w00t:

(Kidding.  I always ride a cart the first time I play a course.)

I never walk but I would actually like to start.  I just dont know that many courses in the STL area that are set up for walking.  Most of them have huge walks between some holes that would just make me mad lol

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't believe walking is allowed prime-time on weekends.

As BW noted,, Stonewolf has a lot of steep hills, with some long stretches between green and next tee.

A handful of players walk, but most of them have a pull cart or a little motorized trolley.

37 minutes ago, Brian W said:

I just dont know that many courses in the STL area that are set up for walking.

Most StL courses built since 1995 were part of residential developments. Thus, the homebuilders wanted max exposure to the golf course itself as a hook to sell lots. (We had a thread on this elsewhere in TST this summer).

Stonewolf is typical of these, with long walks from green to next tee on several holes. Also, I don't think walking is allowed during prime time on weekends.

We do have a few walkers, but they usually have pull carts or small motorized trolleys. 

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

4 hours ago, WUTiger said:

I don't believe walking is allowed prime-time on weekends.

As BW noted,, Stonewolf has a lot of steep hills, with some long stretches between green and next tee.

A handful of players walk, but most of them have a pull cart or a little motorized trolley.

Most StL courses built since 1995 were part of residential developments. Thus, the homebuilders wanted max exposure to the golf course itself as a hook to sell lots. (We had a thread on this elsewhere in TST this summer).

Stonewolf is typical of these, with long walks from green to next tee on several holes. Also, I don't think walking is allowed during prime time on weekends.

We do have a few walkers, but they usually have pull carts or small motorized trolleys. 

That makes sense!!  I wouldn't mind getting into a pull/push cart when playing but most of the courses just have so many holes that are pretty far apart so I never got into it.  If I could find one that is set up for those kind of carts, I would give it a try.  I have always just gotten a cart

Rain again tomorrow but it looks like Sat only has a 20% chance, looks like it may be a great day

In The Bag
Wishon 919 Driver 9.5
Wishon 4W 16.5
Wishon  21 degree hybrid
Sterling SL 6 - SW
Seemore CS FGP

Well, hopefully we have a good day.  The rain looks like its going to be overnight but should stop around 5am.  Gonna be either 90 or cart path only but I think we should be able to get out there

is everyone okay with playing in wet conditions?  I dont think we need to reschedule at this point do we?

35 minutes ago, Brian W said:

is everyone okay with playing in wet conditions?  I dont think we need to reschedule at this point do we?

Game on!   I've already paid for my hotel for tonight, so I'm already going to be there, no matter what.  At this point it would have to be scene out of caddyshack to keep me from playing!

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

I will be there.  I will play in just about any conditions, as long as the course will let me.

Randal

5 hours ago, onkey said:

I will be there.  I will play in just about any conditions, as long as the course will let me.

Same here

In The Bag
Wishon 919 Driver 9.5
Wishon 4W 16.5
Wishon  21 degree hybrid
Sterling SL 6 - SW
Seemore CS FGP

Forecast: Rain ends at dawn Saturday, with cooling and drying breeze starting late morning. Should be nice day.

Yes, expect cart-path only on most holes. But, at least the greens will hold!

See you all around 8:30 AM. Sleep well, my fellow Trappers!

WUT...

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

A great time today. Awesome course and a challenge for all.  The weather held off the crowds, so we were able to play as a group of 5.

IMG_0270.JPG

Craig

Thanks to @WUTiger for setting this up and it was an absolute pleasure playing with @Missouri Swede, @kenstl, and @onkey.  Lots of fun, I just wish I would have played better but really I am going to go ahead and blame @onkey for that!!  Special thanks to @Missouri Swede for driving all the way up here for the outing and @kenstl for showing us the way most of the round.

I hope everyone will be there for the next one whenever we can get back out there!!

37 minutes ago, Brian W said:

Thanks to @WUTiger for setting this up and it was an absolute pleasure playing with @Missouri Swede, @kenstl, and @onkey.  Lots of fun, I just wish I would have played better but really I am going to go ahead and blame @onkey for that!!  Special thanks to @Missouri Swede for driving all the way up here for the outing and @kenstl for showing us the way most of the round.

I hope everyone will be there for the next one whenever we can get back out there!!

Had a great time as well!  It is always nice to meet the names we see on the forum in person; and a real bonus to enjoy a round a golf with them.  Thanks again to  @WUTiger for setting it up. 

In The Bag
Wishon 919 Driver 9.5
Wishon 4W 16.5
Wishon  21 degree hybrid
Sterling SL 6 - SW
Seemore CS FGP

It was great to finally see everyone in person. A summary of the day...

@kenstl got low-net honors with a 78 (6-over). In one stretch he birdied 4, 5 and 7 on the front. He has the Sterling single-length irons and hits them very well.

@Missouri Swede earned the traveling trophy for driving 300.7 miles from Joplin to Fairview Heights.

@onkey is getting ready to retire from the Air Force. Good luck to him in future career. Somebody hire him so he stays local!

@Brian W carries Edel wedges (50, 55 and 60*) with KBS Tour Wedge stiff shafts. He let me hit the 50 and 55 during the round. It was easy to hit shots with them. Good, clean hits whether off fairway or from light rough. But before I pick any new wedges, I want to decide on what I'm doing for an iron set.

In the past, @Club Rat  hosted the group. We might do best if we scheduled three outings a year, rather than trying for just one - it's rough for everyone to show up at once.

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 4:40 PM, Brian W said:

Lots of fun, I just wish I would have played better but really I am going to go ahead and blame @onkey for that!!

I'll take credit for that, and I'll continue to blame @Brain W for my underwhelming performance as well!

I had a great time and can't thank all of you enough for letting me take part. 

Randal

27 minutes ago, onkey said:

I'll take credit for that, and I'll continue to blame @Brain W for my underwhelming performance as well!

I had a great time and can't thank all of you enough for letting me take part. 

At least our poor play is reciprocal.  Maybe next time our stellar play will follow suit

• 2 months later...

Well, I'm just reading some of the replies to your outing at Stonewolf and realizing I missed a great outing with you guys!  I am new to this online forum stuff and have not been keeping up like I could have been.  I use Tapatalk to view postings on another golf site, I wonder if it would work for TST too?

1 hour ago, Rick_D said:

Well, I'm just reading some of the replies to your outing at Stonewolf and realizing I missed a great outing with you guys!

Would be great to have you.  Next time!

1 hour ago, Rick_D said:

I use Tapatalk to view postings on another golf site, I wonder if it would work for TST too?

The web design works pretty well on iOS, so they don't use support Tapatalk:

• Upvote 1

Craig

Note: This thread is 2687 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!