IGNORED

Where to Buy a SkyTrak

Note: This thread is 2748 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello all, so decided to see if I can ramp my game up to the next level by buying a Skytrak. Shooting an average of 78 to 84 and would like to get it down to the mid 70's if I can. 

My question is what experiences has anyone had with certain online vendors and are they any strong recommendations with going through a certain reseller?  Are there any discounts with online vendors for being affiliated with being a member here? 

2k is a bit high on my purchase range for the game. For example I tend to go to the used rack when buying clubs. So I am trying to get the most for my money. 

Thanks in advanced for any recommendations. 

March. 

I was in the same boat. $2k is just a little too high even if it might be "worth it," but it just wasn't for me at that price.

I believe it's best to buy it straight from them. You'll have the best chance at a warranty/RMA replacement. 

When I was searching, I found NO discounts. Period. I think they enforce their pricing pretty strictly as well. Only when they were first being introduced did they have a $300 off ($1,700) through their web site. Haven't found anything since. 

D: :tmade: R1 Stiff @ 10* 3W: :tmade: AeroBurner TP 15* 2H: :adams: Super 9031 18* 3-SW: :tmade: R9 Stiff P: :titleist: :scotty_cameron: Futura X7M 35"

Ball: Whatever. Something soft. Kirklands Signature are pretty schweeeet at the moment!

Bag: :sunmountain: C130 Cart Bag Push Cart: :sunmountain: Micro Cart Sport

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to Where to Buy a SkyTrak

I agree with @jkelley9 buy it direct to simplify the warranty support.  I heavily researched the SkyTrak and other similar devices for use outdoors and determined the SkyTrak would not work well on grass.  If you're using it on a mat or indoors, it should be fine but it has issues for outdoor use.  

Joe Paradiso

• Administrator

Didn't the other thread here talk about how it was unreliable and the person was returning it?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Thanks for the feedback everyone.  They certainly do have the pricing locked down. I have seen some varying reviews on the device. Some love it and some hate it. I did not see a return policy through the manufacturer however I did see a 60 return policy with a reseller.  One thing to think about if it turns out to be a dud. 

If I do buy one I'll post a review on my experience. 

Ive read some reviews where its not all that. You would think at $1800 it would work pretty well but honestly unless you get a GC2 or Trackman then your probably throwing money away on something that just isnt that reliable. I think they came out with a cheaper Trackman but not sure.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought one back last winter.  It works outside but you have to hit off a mat and not in direct sunlight.  If you want something to use on the range a lot then you are going to have to spend a lot more money and get the GC2.

I used my Skytrak in my garage in a cage setup I constructed.  Played The Golf Club with it.  IMO, if you have a nice room setup to where you can freely swing and all then its not a bad option.  If you have the $ to spend then the GC2 is the better option.  In my case,  its useless right now because of how hot it is outside and the garage being a sauna.  If you ask me right now, I wish I never bought it because I spent a lot of $ on the whole setup for it to be collecting dust right now, but when it gets cooler I know it will be worth it again.

Overall, its not a perfect unit but it simply comes down to getting a ton of technology at an affordable price. I would love to have a Trackman, Flightscope, etc. but its just priced to high.  Accuracy wise, its not bad.  Again, its not a Flightscope or Trackman but for the golfer who is on a more limited budget, wants to continue working on their game during the winter, and wants to have some buddies over to drink some cold ones and have blast playing the best courses in the world in the privacy of your own home its a pretty darn good deal.

My advice is if you get one get the warranty and also get the protective case.  The biggest thing I did not like about it was how close to the ball the unit has to be positioned at and being scared to death that I accidentally shank a shot or something else and hit the unit.  The protective case will give you peace of mind and after some time getting used to it, its not a big deal.

I bought a demo unit off their site for; 

SkyTrak Launch Monitor Special Offer 
SKU: ST2-SkyTrakBase_B    1    $1,495.00 (USD)

SkyTrak Game Improvement Package (1 Year) 
SKU: ST-GameImprove    1    $99.95 (USD)

You have to get the game improvement package for SkyTrak to be worthwhile. 
" In order to gain access to additional features like alternate camera views, multiple tracer options, and session history with shot plotting, as well as competitive challenges such as Longest Drive, Nearest the Pin and Fun Target Challenges, we encourage you to upgrade to our SkyTrak Game Improvement Package"
That will be another $99 annually please. Warranty another $99 but I don't think you can keep buying that.

I use it on my driveway in direct sunlight without issue. I face east when using it so the sun is never directly hitting the lens. The unit measures shots consistently and when I play I'm hitting my clubs the distances the simulator shows more or less and I think that is mostly user error when I don't. I've cut 15 strokes off my game since getting it but I'm a high handicapper. I'm shooting low 90's now on my favorite course. I've just started to draw my shots consistently and SkyTrak shows this nicely. I haven't been to a driving range in eight months now so there is a savings there too.

Bottom line is I'm getting better and I don't have to go to the range to practice.     

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/27/2016 at 7:15 PM, ckeller52 said:

I bought a demo unit off their site for; 

SkyTrak Launch Monitor Special Offer 
SKU: ST2-SkyTrakBase_B    1    $1,495.00 (USD)

SkyTrak Game Improvement Package (1 Year) 
SKU: ST-GameImprove    1    $99.95 (USD)

You have to get the game improvement package for SkyTrak to be worthwhile. 
" In order to gain access to additional features like alternate camera views, multiple tracer options, and session history with shot plotting, as well as competitive challenges such as Longest Drive, Nearest the Pin and Fun Target Challenges, we encourage you to upgrade to our SkyTrak Game Improvement Package"
That will be another $99 annually please. Warranty another $99 but I don't think you can keep buying that.

I use it on my driveway in direct sunlight without issue. I face east when using it so the sun is never directly hitting the lens. The unit measures shots consistently and when I play I'm hitting my clubs the distances the simulator shows more or less and I think that is mostly user error when I don't. I've cut 15 strokes off my game since getting it but I'm a high handicapper. I'm shooting low 90's now on my favorite course. I've just started to draw my shots consistently and SkyTrak shows this nicely. I haven't been to a driving range in eight months now so there is a savings there too.

Bottom line is I'm getting better and I don't have to go to the range to practice.     

Thanks for the input. Great point about not having to go to the range. AND the data you get is better than just hitting balls at the range too. I have watched golfers practice over the top swings with a mean slice and not have an idea why they can't get it to go straight.  I currently have a true swing and a Garmin watch that has given me loads of input but looking to go one step further with the Skytrak device. I would look forward to being able to practice a little every day rather than trying to cram a few hours a visit once a week. I used to compete in billiards and buying a table was the best thing I ever did for my pool game. I used to spend 30 min to an hour tops per day doing drills. Thinking this same approach with the simulator would give me the same benefit. 

Regards.

• Administrator
On 9/12/2016 at 4:26 PM, Aflighter said:

Ive read some reviews where its not all that. You would think at $1800 it would work pretty well but honestly unless you get a GC2 or Trackman then your probably throwing money away on something that just isnt that reliable. I think they came out with a cheaper Trackman but not sure.

Or a FlightScope.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 2748 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!