IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge October 2016

iacas
Note: This thread is 2730 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• iacas pinned this topic

10/18 - grip, stance, steady head, slow take away, low point control, balanced weight shift w/8i

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

10/18 - Playing 18 today. Swing thought will be flat left wrist at impact.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

10/18. I'm back! Reviewed Evolvr lessons, and did 15min mirror work. Will go to range tomorrow for new video submission. Maybe even update to my swing thread. Odd, but I've been off a couple months or so from golf/TST, but I've been sorta mentally going through a lot of the items on my list from my instructor- at random times, just percolating the info. In the mirror work today, I felt like it was easier to flatten my club from the top than it has been. We will see tomorrow on video, but I'm hopeful that the time off didn't really stop some of my forward progress with the swing.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

10/18 (Part II) - greenside chipping practice x 20 mins

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

10/19 - kettle bells swings to reinforce balanced swing.

Grip, stance, steady head, slow take away, and balanced weight shift forward x 5 mins w/wedge

-Jonny

10/20 - 5 mins on grip and stance. Dressed up this morning a little more for work so didn't want to take swings. Also slept in, so no gym work this morning ;-)

-Jonny

Day late (but I was out of the running for an award anyway!). 10/19: Good range session with video. Reviewed all my recent lessons. Practiced the backswing- hitting the points my instructor wants (bit steeper than I'm used to) and with toe less vertical at A2.  Then focused on laying the club down. Did lots of slower swings until I could get it mostly right. Tried to confirm at the end with a few full speed swings. Not great results on video, but contact was great. It felt like a better swing. Getting back out today for more video, and submission to instructor.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

10/20: Range and video work. Tried to get some good swings in at slow-ish speeds, but nothing was working right today. Abandoned any attempt at submitting a video. The transition in particular felt clumsy. Will take another stab at it tomorrow and just submit whatever I come up with. I'm sure my instructor will easily spot where I've regressed so much after some time off, and I probably shouldn't try to self-diagnose. 

My Swing

On October 19, 2016 at 4:55 AM, woodzie264 said:

10/19 - kettle bells swings to reinforce balanced swing.

Grip, stance, steady head, slow take away, and balanced weight shift forward x 5 mins w/wedge

10/21 - Diddo; will get in 9 this afternoon

-Jonny

10/21 Part II - shot 43 ;-). Hit all fairways, only 3 greens 

-Jonny

Walked 9 today. It was awesome weather for walking. Shot a 42. I was striking the ball pretty well, but had a few bad chip shots. One of these days, I will learn that you have to carry the ball all the way to the green down here. Bermuda grass eats your ball alive.

- Shane

10/22 - grip, stance, balanced weight transfer with wedge x 10 mins

-Jonny

10/22 -grip, stance, slow take away, steady head, low point control, balance weight shift to front foot x 10 mins with 7i

-Jonny

53 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

10/22 -grip, stance, slow take away, steady head, low point control, balance weight shift to front foot x 10 mins with 7i

Sorry ^^^^^ for today...didn't realize it was 10/23!

-Jonny

10/24 - kettle bells swings for balanced weight shift (with focus on steady head). Grip, stance, steady head, balance weight shift x 5 mins with wedge.

hope to get out for quick greenside chipping/pitching session this morning before work.

-Jonny

Note: This thread is 2730 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!