IGNORED

Mercedes-Benz Championship

907golfer12
Note: This thread is 5984 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My family is going to Maui around the time of the tournament, and I will be going to watch some of the days, but I have a few questions for some people who have been to PGA Tour events.

First I have read around this thread that you cannot take cameras onto the grounds, is this true for all PGA Tour events, or just some of them, based on what the course wants?

Second, a friend of mine went to the PGA Championship over the summer, and he said that there was a huge building that sold all kinds of merchandise. Again is this just for some events or are there these places at all PGA Tour events? And also about this, is the merchandise reasonably priced? Or is just about everything fairly expensive? I am asking because I am trying to figure out how much money to save for the tournament.

Thanks for any help, and man I can't wait to go

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

The camera thing is true u can't take them with you, just like your cell phone unless your media. The merchandise im not sure but i would think they go everywhere.
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

My family is going to Maui around the time of the tournament, and I will be going to watch some of the days, but I have a few questions for some people who have been to PGA Tour events.

Just about any tournament won't let you bring in a camera. As for merchandise, the pro shop should be open if nothing else is. But I'd be surprised if a tournament like that didn't have something for sale There's no shortage of people around here with Kapalua hats and jackets.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You'll have a blast, well at least I did when I go to the Mercedes Championship. The crowds are much smaller here compared to other events which means you'll get great views of the players from tee to green. When I went I had to check my camera. Yes there is a pretty large tent setup with shirts, hats, etc.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You'll have a blast, well at least I did when I go to the Mercedes Championship. The crowds are much smaller here compared to other events which means you'll get great views of the players from tee to green. When I went I had to check my camera. Yes there is a pretty large tent setup with shirts, hats, etc.

Is Tiger playing the event this year? I know that ole Phil has already stated that he'll start his season at Torrey Pines. Without those two the crowds are always small.

At the very least your in Hawaii

Driver - Taylormade R9
3 Wood - Titlelist 909F2 15.5 degrees

2H - Nickent

4H - Taylormade
Irons - Mizuno MP-63 5-PW
Wedges - Titlelist 52 and 60 and Cleveland CG-15 56
Putter - Scotty Cameron Stainless Steel NewportBall - Pro V or V1

Ok thank you, but since you can't take cameras in, how do people get pictures from the events?

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

Is Tiger playing the event this year? I know that ole Phil has already stated that he'll start his season at Torrey Pines. Without those two the crowds are always small.

If I remember hearing correctly, the commentators at the Target World Challenge mentioned that Tiger's first tournament would be at Torrey Pines.

In My Sun Mountain C-130 Bag
Woods: System Q
Hybrid: System Q
Irons: Acer XP905
Ball: Other EquipmentPush Cart: Sun Mountain Speed Cart V1My Home CourseGreen Knoll Golf Course

If I remember hearing correctly, the commentators at the Target World Challenge mentioned that Tiger's first tournament would be at Torrey Pines.

I'm not suprised. The season opener will be without its two biggest stars for yet another season, what a shame.

Note: This thread is 5984 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!