IGNORED

I Think I Got Ripped Off

Zakko
Note: This thread is 5983 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I went to Golfsmith on Friday and picked up some used sticks. I had a little bit of money burning in my pocket and I'm thinking I got ripped off. Everything is used and about a 7.8/10 condition.

Mizuno MP-30 3-PW & Titleist SM56.14.

I paid $424 after taxes. I think I got the shaft.

Driver: Sumo2 5900 10.5*
3+ Utility: 3DX Utility 13.5*
Hybrids: 4DX 18.5*
Irons: MP-30 3-PW
Wedges: Vokey SM54.10 & SM60.04Putter: T.P. Mills StudioBall: GamerBag: Warbird Stand

I went to Golfsmith on Friday and picked up some used sticks. I had a little bit of money burning in my pocket and I'm thinking I got ripped off. Everything is used and about a 7.8/10 condition.

Did you bother to check other places like Ebay or GolfClubExchange.com to get some comparitive prices? Just checking GCE I found 3 sets of MP30's listed: $459, $400, $240 for sale. So, don't think you got ripped off depending upon the condition of the clubs. Most of Mizuno irons new sell around $800 or more.

Ping hoofer bag Ping G15 10.5* Driver, stock reg shaft Ping G15 3 metal, Aldila 75g Stiff shaft Ping G15 5 metal, Aldila 75g Stiff shaft Mizuno MP 69 3-PW irons, DG S300 shafts Mizuno MP R12 black nickel 52* and 56* gap and sand wedges, DG spinner W+ shafts Mizuno 20* FLiHi Clk hybrids, Project X 5.5 shaft 25 year old Bulls Eye putter, 33" or Ping Anser 2 Scottsdale 34" First round of golf was in 1963 at age 10. Best round -1. 2 Holes-In-One.

I checked my receipt and I ended up paying 319.99 for the iron set.

Checking on ebay, these things in better condition are going around $220 shipped.

Wedges: Vokey SM54.10 & SM60.04Putter: T.P. Mills StudioBall: GamerBag: Warbird Stand

I would trust golfsmith over Ebay. To me, it would be worth it to pay a little extra. There are to many counterfit clubs on ebay.
Drive for show, putt for dough

PutterKarsten Anser2
WedgesX-Forged 52* 58*IronsX-20 tours P-3HybridX 21 stiff4-wood R9 17 mitsubishi rayon fubuki StiffDriver R9 11.5 mitsubishi rayon fubuki Stiff

Even if I got clipped the 10% restocking fee, I could still get the same clubs in better condition and have an extra $60 in my pocket.

HELP!

Even if I got clipped the 10% restocking fee, I could still get the same clubs in better condition and have an extra $60 in my pocket.

What help? If you're willing to wait and risk the counterfeit on eBay, return and buy on eBay. If you aren't willing to wait or take the risk, realize you paid more to have the clubs earlier and to guarantee that they are authentic. The decision seems pretty simple once you know whether you're willing to wait and risk or not.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Your time and sanity is worth more than $60.00 at this point. There is something to be said about going to a store, seeing what you get, testing it and then buying, but for you to return and then reorder and have to wait for a product is not worth the time and/or aggravation, especially if you are ordering something used on Ebay. A bird in the hand my friend. I know, a $60 bird.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

At this point don't quibble over $60.00. Chalk it up to experience. Over time I am betting these won't be your last clubs, so just vow to do a better job in your competitive shopping. Also, if the deals on EBay appear to be a super doper great bargin on golf clubs, then it is buyer beware time.

Ping hoofer bag Ping G15 10.5* Driver, stock reg shaft Ping G15 3 metal, Aldila 75g Stiff shaft Ping G15 5 metal, Aldila 75g Stiff shaft Mizuno MP 69 3-PW irons, DG S300 shafts Mizuno MP R12 black nickel 52* and 56* gap and sand wedges, DG spinner W+ shafts Mizuno 20* FLiHi Clk hybrids, Project X 5.5 shaft 25 year old Bulls Eye putter, 33" or Ping Anser 2 Scottsdale 34" First round of golf was in 1963 at age 10. Best round -1. 2 Holes-In-One.

Paranoia runneth WILD here!!!

What help? If you're willing to wait and risk the counterfeit on eBay, return and buy on eBay. If you aren't willing to wait or take the risk, realize you paid more to have the clubs earlier and to guarantee that they are authentic. The decision seems pretty simple once you know whether you're willing to wait and risk or not.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Paranoia runneth WILD here!!!

So you think the $300 Callaway iron sets on eBay are genuine? I'm sure some of them are. But I don't think it's a surprise that there is that risk whenever you have some seemingly great deal on eBay.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I assume you got to swing the clubs....
even if in to a net...
Seeing and swinging is worth part of the difference...
I love shopping for 'bargains'... Ebay or otherwise...
Used clubs are fine by me...
club technology makes clubs cheaper in six months!
BUT I still like the service at a golf shop!
Where else can a 22 year old ridicule my flexibility...

Driver :T Edge CB-1 or Cally Mini Driver 14* or GBB 11*
Tour Edge CB2 15* 3 wood (Best Club Ever!)

Callaway XR 5Wood (New BCE!)

Hybrids: Nike SQ 23*  Tour Edge 28*

Irons: TMade RAC  7-PW   T Flight 56 SWedge
Putter: Odyssey 2 Ball Blade, SStroke flatside to hole

There are times when you can get screamin' deals on ebay, but all it takes is one poor transaction that can spoil your experience. The clubs you are looking at on ebay could very well be legit, they may not be. So the question you have to ask yourself is it worth a $60 gamble. Personally, I wouldn't risk it.

909D-Comp
909F-2
585H Hybrids
755 Irons
Vokey Wedges 2-Ball F7 B330S

Do you like the clubs? If so it was a good deal. If you don't it wasn't.
No point in shopping after you bought them.

And for the record I've bought 200 things mostly putters but also high end camera gear and am 100% good with ebay. There is always some rist but if you deal with high rated sellers and use paypal you should be good.

In My Bag: This week
Driver: Nike square Sumo 10.5
4-Wood: Nike square Sumo 14.5
7 wood Cleveland launcher,
5 utility 19* clevelandIrons: 4-7 Titleist 690mb 8-pw Mizuno MP 33Wedges: Gauge Design GAS II 52* and 58* Putter: Scotty Cameron TE 10 2.5TP Mills or Cameron's or Bettinardi's. let me...

I checked my receipt and I ended up paying 319.99 for the iron set.

Find yourself someone that knows a Mizuno rep.. you can get 3-PW brand new for like.. $225.

Driver: SUMO 5000 8.5* w/ Aldila Proto-65 X 45.5"
3-wood: SQ w/ Diamana 83 X +1"
Hybrid: SuMo 2h w/ Project X +1"
Irons: MP-33 1-PW w/ TT X100 Sensicore +1"
Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 54 + 60 +1"Putter: Red X 34"Me: 6'3" 220lbs. - 0-4 Handicap, depending on how much I work ;); NJCAA All-American,...

MP-30's for $189
http://www.globalgolf.com/product/go...p-30.aspx?gd=3

Titleist SM Almost new for $79.99
http://www.globalgolf.com/product/go...lled.aspx?gd=3

$270 all together Good Luck

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

I agree that there is some risk. Do your research, contact the seller and ask plenty of questions and check serial #'s if you have to. If they get annoyed, move on. Paypal has coverage to get your $$$ back if there is a fraud. I, personally, have never gotten ripped off. It's not much different than buying and selling on forums. The only difference is, if you get ripped on a forum your F-ed period! Driving to work is a risk, but I don't avoid it because of that. Be careful, check feedbacks and good luck to all who use ebay including myself.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Note: This thread is 5983 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!