IGNORED

Pretending to be a Tour Player

GolferPGA
Note: This thread is 2722 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

6 minutes ago, iacas said:

Huh? No.

Huh. You don't use email verification when accounts are set up? I don't even remember how it was with mine. It's kind of standard for setting up online accounts though.

Kevin

7 minutes ago, mvmac said:

Only Kyle Reifers or someone with his log-in info could retweet from his account. The Twitter account is actually Reifers because it's verified (blue check thingy).

https://twitter.com/KyleReifersPGA

oh, Okay I think I understand.  Thank You.

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, natureboy said:

Huh. You don't use email verification when accounts are set up? I don't even remember how it was with mine. It's kind of standard for setting up online accounts though.

You have to verify your account, yes, but that has nothing to do with anything, though.

It's not like he registered with an @pgatour.com email address or something.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

7 hours ago, natureboy said:

Any time someone attempts to log in or successfully logs in to a forum the IP address of the computer used is captured.  You can then use the IP address to determine where it originated from, assuming the user wasn't using a VPN or ghosting techniques to hide their actual location.  

Joe Paradiso

1 hour ago, newtogolf said:

Any time someone attempts to log in or successfully logs in to a forum the IP address of the computer used is captured.  You can then use the IP address to determine where it originated from, assuming the user wasn't using a VPN or ghosting techniques to hide their actual location.  

Supposedly AT&T U-verse uses VPN and one's IP can be changed by unplugging your modem and re-booting. I tried it once but it did not appear to change. I was getting a re-direct malware virus and wanted to change my IP. I gave up but was able to get rid of the virus by working with a tech from Mcafee.

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Hacker James said:

Supposedly AT&T U-verse uses VPN and one's IP can be changed by unplugging your modem and re-booting. I tried it once but it did not appear to change. I was getting a re-direct malware virus and wanted to change my IP. I gave up but was able to get rid of the virus by working with a tech from Mcafee.

It's still going to give you an IP in your area. It's not going to give you one for New Jersey.

This isn't that complex.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I live near Akron and Firestone CC where the Bridgestone/Firestone WGC is held each year.  The wife and I are empty nesters and would be more than happy to host a golfer or two for the week.  How would I go about applying for and possibly open my home to a player or two to offer a home-away-from-home place to stay during the tournament?  Is this something your mates would be interested in? 

Thanks.  Open to any and all comments and advice.

dave

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

• Administrator
Just now, dave s said:

I live near Akron and Firestone CC where the Bridgestone/Firestone WGC is held each year.  The wife and I are empty nesters and would be more than happy to host a golfer or two for the week.  How would I go about applying for and possibly open my home to a player or two to offer a home-away-from-home place to stay during the tournament?  Is this something your mates would be interested in? 

Thanks.  Open to any and all comments and advice.

Uhm, Dave… :-)

3 minutes ago, iacas said:

Uhm, Dave… :-)

Duh ... PRETENDING.  I'm such a moron sometimes!

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

4 hours ago, newtogolf said:

I thought it more likely for a kid to do this sort of prank. So with 10pm logins would likely be from home. Thought the school ID may have come from the account setup email, not session login IP. Coach / teacher does seem more likely if the school IP address was used after hours, but I suppose it could be spoofed too.

Edited by natureboy

Kevin

1 minute ago, natureboy said:

I thought it more likely to be a kid logging in from home with the 10pm posts that someone else pointed out. If the account setup email server was used as the identifier vs. session login IP. Coach / teacher seems more likely now.

Which would make it all that more unfortunate....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, natureboy said:

I thought it more likely for a kid to do this sort of prank. So with 10pm logins would likely be from home. Thought the school ID may have come from the account setup email, not session login IP. Coach / teacher does seem more likely if the school IP address was used after hours, but I suppose it could be spoofed too.

Kevin, why are you posting as if you know anything about what happened?

Jeepers. Nobody's said he used a school IP outside normal days/hours and you're making assumptions upon assumptions here.

3 minutes ago, iacas said:

Jeepers. Nobody's said he used a school IP outside normal days/hours and you're making assumptions upon assumptions here.

Inferences. You stated the likely location of the poster as a school, you indicated that the posts were ID through IP address, and another poster noted that some posts were relatively late at night for a high school student.

Nice touch on the new avatar.

Edited by natureboy

Kevin

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, natureboy said:

Inferences. You stated the likely location of the poster as a school, you indicated that the posts were ID through IP address, and another poster noted that some posts were relatively late at night for a high school student.

And yet you still managed to get nearly every part of that wrong. :-P It's probably a student. His email address was not tied to a school. None of the off-hours, or off-day posts came from the school.

I see no purpose in having this thread continue.

• iacas locked this topic
Note: This thread is 2722 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!