IGNORED

Collecting Putters

Note: This thread is 2704 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello everyone.   Looking around at golf stores and online just the amount of putters available is insane!  I currently game a Scotty notchback I bought new. I know I can get a few hundo out of it if I had to sell it but What makes putters  them collectible.   I was thinking about starting a collection I know Scotty circle t are at the top of the list but I can't drop 3k on a putter right now lol.  

Ping 8802 I know is a sought after putter from what I have read.

Not trying to have the most rare crazy dollar putter just a decent collection of nice pieces gamed or not.  Like 1-300$ I can spend now and not really hate myself the best day lol Anything from cool to rare. What would be considered collectible.  I did just purchase the Oscar Mayer wiener putter because it made me laugh. Is it going to be worth much probably not.  Like would nike be somewhere to start being they are going out of club making? Or a rougher Scotty and refinish it? Or is it more just buy what you like and maybe be able to get your money back out of it?  

I will game most of them but rare or more expensive would be in a case I'm going to build for my office.   

Sorry for the long and kind of rambling post just kinda courois 

thanks!

4 hours ago, Gfleck067 said:

Hello everyone.   Looking around at golf stores and online just the amount of putters available is insane!  I currently game a Scotty notchback I bought new. I know I can get a few hundo out of it if I had to sell it but What makes putters  them collectible.   I was thinking about starting a collection I know Scotty circle t are at the top of the list but I can't drop 3k on a putter right now lol.  

Ping 8802 I know is a sought after putter from what I have read.

Not trying to have the most rare crazy dollar putter just a decent collection of nice pieces gamed or not.  Like 1-300$ I can spend now and not really hate myself the best day lol Anything from cool to rare. What would be considered collectible.  I did just purchase the Oscar Mayer wiener putter because it made me laugh. Is it going to be worth much probably not.  Like would nike be somewhere to start being they are going out of club making? Or a rougher Scotty and refinish it? Or is it more just buy what you like and maybe be able to get your money back out of it?  

I will game most of them but rare or more expensive would be in a case I'm going to build for my office.   

Sorry for the long and kind of rambling post just kinda courois 

thanks!

What makes them collectible is you liking them. That's all. :-)

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

IMO, the best places to add to your putter collection are the used club racks at a big box store and ebay.  I've got a couple old putters that I picked up for $10 used, and I bought an old set of irons (just the heads so far) off ebay a few years ago. I'm more into cheaper ones than trying to find the latest circle-T.

Refinishing them is a cool idea, though there's also a certain charm to having a collection of putters in as-built condition.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

1 hour ago, jamo said:

IMO, the best places to add to your putter collection are the used club racks at a big box store and ebay.  I've got a couple old putters that I picked up for $10 used, and I bought an old set of irons (just the heads so far) off ebay a few years ago. I'm more into cheaper ones than trying to find the latest circle-T.

Refinishing them is a cool idea, though there's also a certain charm to having a collection of putters in as-built condition.

Second the refinishing. All i'd add is make sure its done profesionally. I know the likes of Ping can refinish their putters and there is bound to be people/companies  out there who would do it, for a fraction of the cost.

But in the end its all down to whether its worth paying the extra to refinish unless there is a demand for a certain putter.

Im sure half the fun of collecting is hunting them out :-)

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

What makes them collectible is you liking them. That's all. :-)

I have a decent putter collection but it's like Boogielicious said above.  I got like 5 Ping putters, 3 Ray Cook ones and 2 different Bulls Eye ones.  I like to mix them up sometimes when I am at the range and sometimes actually game them on the weekend.  I didn't really buy any to "collect"... just liked this one, then that one and also that one... you get the idea.  :whistle:

If you want to sell them at some point for money, look around on Ebay and that will give you an idea of what some are worth.

Driver: :callaway: Diablo
Woods: :callaway: Big Bertha 2 & 4
Irons: Miura MC 102's 3 - PW & Mizuno MP 67's 3 - W
Wedges: :mizuno: MP-R12 52* & 58*
Putters: :ping: WRX Ti4

I just rcently claned out a storage shed. In it was several years of collected golf stuff. All the golf stuff is now gone, except for 15+/- putters. I decided, for no apparent reason to keep all them. 

Some are expensive, while others are really cheap.. Some are novelties. Some are home made, out of components. Some are home made from scratch. Some have history, both bad, and good. One I just look at, and think why the hell did I keep this one. Just something about collecting putters. 

My #1 gamer is one of the cheap ones, that really looks well seasoned. It would easily go for $2.00 at a thrift store. 

I guess I am just a "Putter Junkie". :-O

Edited by Patch

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

• iacas changed the title to Collecting Putters
Note: This thread is 2704 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!