Note: This thread is 2703 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

unspecified-2.pngunspecified-3.pngunspecified.png

Before I put the campaign email and all that, I've signed up for six of these. I think that they will be quite helpful for a few things:

• Some training, both as things you putt and things you can put in the way to help influence clubhead or swing direction.
  • Newer players (the equator of the ball is higher, so new players will have an easier time getting these up in the air).
  • Reduced distance games for college golfers playing from the front-most tees… or other unique challenges like that.

Big.Balls., the Oversized Golf Training Ball That Helps Golfers Hit More Birdies, Launches Campaign on Kickstarter

Designed to improve putting and lower the number of strokes, Big.Balls. helps golfers take strokes off their game

Ontario, Canada- Big.Balls. is the first ever over-sized golf ball that is used to help train golfers to score more birdies and eliminate three-putts. The innovative golf ball is expertly engineered to help golfers improve their game in practice so they can bring their skills to the green. Big.Balls. is currently running a campaign on Kickstarter to raise enough funds for the final production of the flagship product.

Big.Balls. are thirty percent larger than the traditional, PGA-approved golf ball to help avid and novice golfers improve their putting game. Big.Balls. have the same core and outer shell as traditional golf balls to ensure they feel, roll and weigh the same as traditional balls.

After putting with Big.Balls. in practice, when golfers step onto the green with a standard size ball, the hole will subconsciously appear larger and increase the golfer’s confidence in hitting any short putt.

“Our over-sized golf balls are designed to work the same way practice balls for other sports industries do,” Big.Balls. CEO Myles Doak said. “Basketball players use oversized balls to practice shooting and some golfers even resort to using tennis balls to practice their putt. With Big.Balls., golfers are practicing with something as similar as they can get without buying gimmicky, expensive, tech-related golf products.”

Every Big.Balls. package comes with two oversized balls as well as a guide of short putting drills, so golfers can effortlessly perfect their putt. Currently, Big.Balls. is accepting pre-orders starting at $XX for one package. To learn more or to pre-order, visit bit.ly/BigBallsKS.

ABOUT MYLES DOAK

Myles Doak is a 25-year-old entrepreneur who has been creating innovative products since high school. After appearing on the Canadian TV show Dragon’s Den for The Original Hockey Lacebelt, he created the #1 sports sandal called SummerSkates. He now wants to launch his newest venture, Big.Balls., to help golfers improve their game and hit more birdies. To learn more about Myles Doak, visit bit.ly/BigBallsKS

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Seems like the same thing (putting practice) could be better accomplished with a smaller cup or smaller target. I'll be interested to see a review.

Since the equator is higher, wouldn't it encourage hitting putts too low on the face?

I do think they'd be fun in a scramble or some kind of tournament as a "gimmick".

- John

• Administrator
1 hour ago, gregsandiego said:

Seriously you think this is a good idea?

For regular golf? No.

Read what I wrote. None of those three things are using them to play regular golf (except the last, and that's with a college team playing from the forward tees, effectively using them as limited flight balls).

1 hour ago, Hardspoon said:

Seems like the same thing (putting practice) could be better accomplished with a smaller cup or smaller target. I'll be interested to see a review.

I don't think I'd use them to teach putting. Though they could help you better learn capture speed (since they'd have to be hit slower to fall below the equator).

Since the equator is higher, wouldn't it encourage hitting putts too low on the face?

I don't think I'd use them to teach putting.

I do think they'd be fun in a scramble or some kind of tournament as a "gimmick".

Yeah.

Like I said, a big thing is that the equator is higher and the ball would be easier to get in the air for a newer player.

They'd sit up higher in the rough and/or on the fairway as well.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I don't know, but it seems as if they could promote a thin hit on a normal ball...

Regardless, I'll pass.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Note: This thread is 2703 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!