IGNORED

GX-7: A Reputable Outfit?

Note: This thread is 1874 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

6 hours ago, Hacker James said:

@WUTiger.  I could have sworn I heard them say the length was of a seven iron in the audio

I understand why... in those ad blitzes, it's hard to tell what they're saying.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/20/2017 at 6:58 PM, Madgrace8 said:

Hello - 

i just seen that commercial for the GX-7 myself and thought I'd ask a similar golfer after 6 months, would you recommend it for myself. I was thinking of nothing else it could be a good fairway wood. You thoughts? Appreciate any Feedback! 

Jay H.- Charlotte, NC

I've tried to hit it as a fairway 3 wood. Not much luck so I bought a 3 metal wood. But the GX7 IS definitely my driver.

I own both the "driver" and the 5 & 7 fairway woods. None of which are leaving my bag anytime soon. I've had great success with the driver both off the tee and off the deck. Long par 4's are reachable in 2 much more often for me, as my drives are in a lot better place to start with and I now have the confidence to go after it with my second shot. I've hit a few par 5's in 2 as well and when I don't, I'm often within wedge range. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/30/2017 at 6:43 PM, Mick B said:

I realise that opinions are like backsides (everybody has one). But the fact is that after playing golf for approximately 25 years I have never hit any other club off the fairway with as much distance as I have with my recently purchased GX7. Several times on the weekend I was approximately 30 metres short of the green for 2 on a couple of par 5's. Something that after being a member at the same course for 10 years I have never done before. Personally, " I Love This Club."

@Mick B Hey there Mick B , just interested to see if you still have this GX-7 ? I know this was a little bit ago but was thinking about getting one myself. Im also in Melbourne. 

Well, my buddy eventually bought the GX-7 from his friend, and loves it! He hits it farther than his Driver, and farther than his 3-wood, which was his usual go-to club for the tee shot.

BTW, the ad does not say it's the same length as a 7 iron, they say it swings like one. Which is probably not a bad idea to swing every club that way.

2 hours ago, Buckeyebowman said:

Well, my buddy eventually bought the GX-7 from his friend, and loves it! He hits it farther than his Driver, and farther than his 3-wood, which was his usual go-to club for the tee shot.

BTW, the ad does not say it's the same length as a 7 iron, they say it swings like one. Which is probably not a bad idea to swing every club that way.

Swings like one? Sounds like marketing hype ... but everyone is guilty of that charge to an extent. But hey, if the clubs works... great.

Edited by Mr. Desmond

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

• 1 month later...

The golf clubs are pretty good so far. I played them for the first time today during Northumberlands remaining Hurricane Ophelia. Newbiggin Golf Club is a proper links course and very exposed to the wind. When I needed a straight drive the GX 7 was ideal and impressive for it's size. I used the 18 and 21 degree clubs, but not enough to give an opinion yet.  

Unfortunately the head covers let them down. For the price paid they are very poor.

Well I received my GX 7 a couple of weeks ago and well the first time i used it it was just like the video! It wend dead straight and just as far as I hit my Driver. Since then I have been using it

and I love it. I played in a 9 hole twilight comp last night and hit 100% of the fairways. Walk away with 21 stableford point with one wipe! My golf scores have already dropped and feeling a lot more confident. You just have to control yourself and not try and belt the hell out of it.

So I can seriously say this is awesome. 

As a club, the GX7 is the real deal. Just replaced my Ping G LST Driver and my Sonartec SS 3.5 3 wood with this club.  My handicap is 9.4 and I just turned 70.  On my first competitive round with the GX7, I hit 10 of 12 fairways.  On the two I missed hooked one, hit the other through the Fairway.  Lost no distance when compared to my Ping G.  In a practice round I hit GX7 off the deck from 225 yds out and ball was on the fringe about pin high.  In my competitive round, the drive on 3 par 5s was long enough to allow me to hit 5 wood to the green.  In summary, the club delivers what it says and the price is $200 versus $400 to $600 for the name brand alternatives.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I got the GX-7 for Christmas. Handicap 16

Went to the range hit about 8 balls and headed out to play.(Never have I hit 8 balls with a new club and took it out to play) 

My driver was an R7 played over 40 rounds with it. If I found the sweet spot it would go! But if I was off a little I could be in big trouble. 

This club hits straight! The more I used it the drive length got better! As long as the R7's average drive,  but in the fairway all the time.

This club may not be for everyone, but it works for me. A second shot from the middle of the fairway is a beautiful thing!

On 11/26/2017 at 11:53 PM, Wayne Bradley said:

Has anyone had any experience with the GX7 club? I would appreciate any comments about your experience with club and experience with placing order for club. Thanks

A bit of a late response to your question, but I haven't been on here in awhile. I got the GX-7 in early April of this year. It's been a great investment in my game...I love it so much that I bought the 5 and 7 woods in July and the IRT-5 hybrid in October. These clubs have made a huge difference for  me and won't be coming out of my bag in the foreseeable future.

I will say I have fallen a bit out of love with the gx-7.. it’s not the clubs fault but mine. I started spraying the ball left ( I’m a lefty) off the tee , I took another lesson and got it sort of figured out but I could not get the same consistency I had before. I was at my local golf shop and found a used new condition Titleist 915 d2 12 degree driver and hit it a few times and bought it and have used it since. 

I still try the Gx-7 on some longer par 3’s and strategically else where. 

I still think this is a great product and would recommend it, helped me enjoy the game more and plan on giving it another go once the snow goes away. 

My friend has one, yes he hits it straighter but does not get the distance he got with his driver, I out drive him by ~10 yard where we use to be on par with one another. Good luck.

32 minutes ago, cooke119 said:

My friend has one, yes he hits it straighter but does not get the distance he got with his driver, I out drive him by ~10 yard where we use to be on par with one another. Good luck.

The club is effectively a 2 wood....So it makes perfect sense that your best drive and his should be about 10 yards apart...The difference is how often he finds himself in play, vs in the woods, or worse...

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/29/2017 at 6:15 AM, Spullin said:

I will say I have fallen a bit out of love with the gx-7.. it’s not the clubs fault but mine. I started spraying the ball left ( I’m a lefty) off the tee , I took another lesson and got it sort of figured out but I could not get the same consistency I had before. I was at my local golf shop and found a used new condition Titleist 915 d2 12 degree driver and hit it a few times and bought it and have used it since. 

I still try the Gx-7 on some longer par 3’s and strategically else where. 

I still think this is a great product and would recommend it, helped me enjoy the game more and plan on giving it another go once the snow goes away. 

Hey Spullin,

I had the same issues for about the last month or so , had a lesson but my fade was still causing a few issues. I had tried a couple of different things with my grip and swing and this is where it had all started to become frustrating. Last night I decided to go back to not listening to anyone and go back to my own personal comfortable grip and slow my swing down and BANG back to consistently knocking it down the middle. Won our twilight comp last night so I am back to being extremely happy with my purchase. I might not always drive it as far as the bigger hitters but for me it was about being on the cut stuff more often which in turn helps the next shot. I play with and watch so many older players just keep knocking down the middle and still setting themselves up for a birdie or par putt!

Cheers

Note: This thread is 1874 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!