IGNORED

Jason Day Spits at Pace of Play, Vows to Slow Down

iacas
Note: This thread is 2655 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

i rather have someone play at their pace then feel being rushed and not being able to focus on my next shot and end up rushing my self and not hit a great shot.  but i can't stand when some pulls out their range finders and take their sweet time and then talk to their buddies and then duff the ball while they took five mins to figure how far out they were. but for a local player who has played the course many of times. they should already know how far out they are because they played that course lot of times and should remember what they hit or should of hit from last time they played their. but if your watching it on tv, it shouldn't matter because the cameras are always switching from different players between each shots so i'm not worried about if jason day wants to play at his own pace of play. 

WITB:
Taylormade M2 - 10.5º 
Taylormade M2 - 3w 15º
Callaway - Apex CF16 9i-3i
Vokey - 46º F Grind
Taylormade MG - 54º, 60º   
Scotty Cameron - Newport M1  - 4.5º
Taylormade - TP5X #7

Here's the thing from my perspective. These guys already have more than adequate time to make their shots. For them to say they need to slow down in order to play better seems a bit ludicrous to me. 4-5 hours for twosomes to play 18 holes for people who are playing to a 20+ hc isn't acceptable to most people here, why would anyone find it acceptable for people who play at par or lower to play at that pace? For the most part they don't even have to search too long for wayward shots because of the staff and spectators. Please don't give me the "playing for money" excuse either, because they have more time between shots than we do on an average day on the course. What if that extra time one of these guys takes negatively influences a person behind them, causing them to drop a shot and possibly costing them the tournament? There's a standard pace of play established and they need to respect it. If the fine isn't enough of a deterrent then perhaps they do need to try more harsh penalties like adding a penalty stroke.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2655 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!