IGNORED

Multiple People Killed in Shooting at Fort Lauderdale Airport

jsgolfer
Note: This thread is 2660 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
47 minutes ago, Lihu said:

Unfortunately, it's even easier and cheaper to get one illegally in the United States.

No it isn't.

This counts as political commentary instead of just the news. So no more of that.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

is it because your opinion is that it isnt easier, or do you have statistics to back that up?

according to this article as soon as a weapon is passed from the legal owner to someone else it becomes an illegal firearm, which would mean getting an illegal firearm is actually very very easy in america, get a normal law abiding citizen to buy it, then give it to you, its now an illegal one?

http://gun.laws.com/illegal-guns/illegal-guns-statistics

Edited by carpediem4300

:tmade: Driver: TM Superfast 2.0 - 9.5degree - Reg flex
:mizuno: 3 Wood: JPX800 - 16* Exhsar5 Stiff
:mizuno: 3 - PW: MP-67 Cut Muscle back - S300 stiff
:slazenger: Sand Wedge: 54degree, 12degree bounce
:slazenger: Lob Wedge: 60degree 10degree bounce
:ping: Putter: Karsten 1959 Anser 2 Toe weighted
:mizuno: Bag - Cart Style

Let's stay off gun laws, folks.  Yes, it's relevant after mass shootings, but we all know where that discussion leads here, and it's never pretty. 

We are ok with topics brought up like this live during an event to discuss various news trickling from breaking situations. As the talk crosses over into a long term political solutions, however, we would prefer people go elsewhere for those detailed discussions and debates. 

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

I can not help but think, if everyone in that airport was carrying, they all could have returned fire and stopped this tragedy!

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

4 hours ago, RandallT said:

Let's stay off gun laws, folks.  Yes, it's relevant after mass shootings, but we all know where that discussion leads here, and it's never pretty. 

We are ok with topics brought up like this live during an event to discuss various news trickling from breaking situations. As the talk crosses over into a long term political solutions, however, we would prefer people go elsewhere for those detailed discussions and debates. 

Reasonable, measured post.  You're a good mod.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

1 hour ago, Elmer said:

I can not help but think, if everyone in that airport was carrying, they all could have returned fire and stopped this tragedy!

Agreed.  But how would they acquire that gun then?  It does boill down to a gun debate, eventually.

Thanks, @Gunther... but people are not getting my hint :hmm:

@Hatchman- @Elmer was being sarcastic. I don't tend to agree with him often, but it did give me a chuckle knowing where he stands on gun control. But... let's not discuss gun control please. Let's just leave this topic as discussing the facts around this event (probably most has been said). My finger is on the warning button. 

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

2 minutes ago, RandallT said:

Thanks, @Gunther... but people are not getting my hint :hmm:

@Hatchman- @Elmer was being sarcastic. I don't tend to agree with him often, but it did give me a chuckle knowing where he stands on gun control. But... let's not discuss gun control please. Let's just leave this topic as discussing the facts around this event (probably most has been said). My finger is on the warning button. 

Yes I agree Randall.  A tragic topic that most likely will envoke new or changed TSA, Homeland Security, and State Department regulations.

1 hour ago, Hatchman said:

Yes I agree Randall.  A tragic topic that most likely will envoke new or changed TSA, Homeland Security, and State Department regulations.

I think it's ok to allow people to check in their guns, but don't allow bullets.  If you want to travel with your gun, great, but to get bullets you'll have to go find them where your going.  That's one new rule I would support.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

11 minutes ago, Abu3baid said:

I think it's ok to allow people to check in their guns, but don't allow bullets.  If you want to travel with your gun, great, but to get bullets you'll have to go find them where your going.  That's one new rule I would support.

Agree, this would probably have prevented this tragedy. That, and the fact that the perpetrator confessed to being mentally unstable to authorities and should have been on a "No Fly List".

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

• Administrator
37 minutes ago, Abu3baid said:

That's dumb because as others said he could have just driven a car up to baggage claim and done worse things.

People who shoot often make their own ammo. "Bullets" are not all the same.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

53 minutes ago, iacas said:

That's dumb because as others said he could have just driven a car up to baggage claim and done worse things.

In fact, a couple people did this type of thing on different occasions at LAX and not just the baggage claim areas.

A bullet ban on airlines could have prevented this particular problem. However, I agree he could have gone out, gotten bullets and come back to shoot up the airport, but that would have taken a couple extra steps.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

It goes back to the initial question, what's wrong with people?  

Today, as in the past, there are many things wrong as reported with this guy.  More may be revealed.

38 minutes ago, iacas said:

Well, I would also support having policemen from now on 24/7 at entrances and exists of airport.  Someone coming from outside to shoot the place up might get noticed, but the guy loading the gun the bathroom no one even considered before.

If someone makes their own ammo then they better fedex it to where they are going because it is not traveling with them.

if you have a better solution to help protect travelers please let us know.  I say, with all the money thrown into airport security they can have a little bit stronger security so that a guy can't just shoot the place up until he runs out of ammo.  

Can't believe he wasn't confronted by anyone before running out of ammo and laying on the ground.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

8 minutes ago, Abu3baid said:

Can't believe he wasn't confronted by anyone before running out of ammo and laying on the ground.

It's kind of tough to tackle down someone trained to kill who is shooting at you. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

30 minutes ago, Abu3baid said:

In the 23 second TMZ graphic YouTube video I don't think the young man with the two boys in front of him walking or the older couples walking behind him have training to take out an active shooter.  Once he pulled and fired to his right he then started running out of baggage camera view.  

53 minutes ago, Abu3baid said:

I can't believe people didn't come up and beat the daylights out of him to subdue him 'for sure', but they may have thought it was a ruse and were just following the shelter instructions on the PA.

Kevin

1 hour ago, Abu3baid said:

Well, I would also support having policemen from now on 24/7 at entrances and exists of airport.  Someone coming from outside to shoot the place up might get noticed, but the guy loading the gun the bathroom no one even considered before.

If someone makes their own ammo then they better fedex it to where they are going because it is not traveling with them.

if you have a better solution to help protect travelers please let us know.  I say, with all the money thrown into airport security they can have a little bit stronger security so that a guy can't just shoot the place up until he runs out of ammo.  

But then you're leaving the entrance to the public library unguarded... Putting a ton of cops outside airport entrances after the fact is like making people take their shoes off at security. It makes people feel better, but it's a little ****ing late.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Note: This thread is 2660 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!