IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

1) I choked up on my driver and hit a high fade into a par 3 210 yards into the wind and stuck it just behind the hole about 5 feet and made the putt for birdie.

2) Par 5 uphill hit a decent drive and was about 230 uphill from the pin and hit my driver off the fairway and rolled it about 15 feet pass the hole with a downhill left to right putt for eagle........... missed my eagle but had a tap in birdie, love hitting my driver off the fairway.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Not mine, but one of my golfing buddies that has just gotten started playing regularly this summer. Hit his drive in the woods, dropped and chipped out, and from about 80 yards out hit the right front of the green and took a nice hop left and back and rolled right into the cup. Couldn't believe it. Luckiest thing i have ever seen.

The best shot of the week...well...it's more like the best hole of the week and maybe my favorite hole of all time.

I shot par on a par-4. Big deal, right? Well....

From the tee box it's 297 to the green with a tree-guarded dogleg left. I hit a strong shot off the tee and it goes about 90 yards, hits a tree, the bounces straight back and HIGH landing 50 yards BEHIND the tee in the some rough. First I was amazed (never have seen that), then I was laughing my ass off. Ok, so the other guys had to clear the box while I went back to play the ball. I hit a 3 hybrid about the best I have ever hit it. I got great carry then bounce and roll. Now I'm in the rough about 90 yards out, use a 60 deg to about 20 feet from the hole, then nail a breaker putt for par. I love this game!

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

Won some really nice pens today at the company picnic.

They had a chipping contest, where you had a wedge and three balls, you were supposed to chip them all into this net about 8 yards away. People were having a really hard time with it.

Stepped up, practice swing, first one dead center, practice swing, second one dead center, practice swing, third one dead center.

The look on people's faces was priceless. Some guy says "I guess you play golf huh?"

Oh how I love that short game!
Favorite Practice Course:
Z Boaz Municipal, Fort Worth <<< Ben Hogan grew up playing here!
--------------------------------------------------

In the bag: 983E 9.5*, Fuji Speeder S RPM LP, 4W, Neutral Bias STAFF Ci6 irons, S (going up for sale soon) Tom Watson PVD 08 Wedges (G.S,L)... and a 4...

WOW ! Congrats Mike! Bet you were freakin out! I have yet to hit one, have come close many times....Did you have witnesses?
Next time they give you all that civic bullshit about voting, keep in mind that Hitler was elected in a full, free democratic election- George Carlin

In the Hoofer bag:
10.5* Redline RPM G5 16* G5 19* G5 22* MX 200, 4-6, MP-52 7-W Vokey 50*, Vokey SM 54*, 58* G5i flatstick IGNITE ball

I was playing Sunday at Westwynd and started off the back nine with a disasterous quadruple bogey on the par 5 10th hole. Eleven is a 410 yard uphill par 4. It was also playing into the wind. I hit my drive just short of the 150 marker. I had 153 to an elevated green and with a moderate wind in my face I took a 7 Iron. The ball was at the flag from the second it left the club face. I saw it land on the green and roll before the ball disappeared. When we got up to the green I asked if my brother saw a ball behind the green. He said no so I told him to check the cup because it was probably in. It was. Eagle 2. It helped turn my back 9 around and I ended up with a reasonablly nice 44.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

This might not sound like much, but for a beginner I was so excited. So I just finished 9 holes today. It was the 4th hole, a par 3 about 168 yards. I could have been on the green, but I hit a terrible tee shot, and landed in the fairway. I got out the pitching wedge from maybe 100 yards away, aimed, swung at the ball, and watched it hit the flag stick and then bounce to the side of the hole. I was pumped.

Driver: 440 SZ
3 Wood: Hi Bore 15 degree
Hybrid: G5 19 degree
Irons: RAC HT 3-pw
56 Degree: Vokey Design 256-1060 Degree: Vokey Design SM60-08Putter: White Hot #1Ball: Burner TP LDP

nothing special here, but i had a nice hole today. i hit a great tee shot, hit about 40ft from the hole then got some nice spin back 15ish feet. it was a really hilly put, large right to left then a tiny downhill left - right. anyway i sunk the put after the ball barely making it to the hole. nice birdie

On my sixth hole yesterday I went left of the green on a Par 3. I was about 15 yards off and the pin was about five yards onto the green. Pitched up and the ball rolled in for a birdie. Interestingly enough that was my second shot from off the green that went in that day. I had another shot off the green later in the round that lipped out and ended up six inches from the hole.
In my bag:

Driver: FT-5, 9° stiff
Wood: Big Bertha 3W/5W
Irons: X-20 TourWedges: X Tour 52°/56°Hybrids: Idea Pro 2/3/4Putter: Black Series #2Ball: NXT Extreme/NXT Tour

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Green-side bunker chip-in for an eagle on a par 5 today...to bad the rest of the round wasn't so hot...and the hole before I took a nasty triple. I actually birdied that hole the first time around as well, so a -3 for the one hole at least :).

In my Datrek Rage bag:
Driver: Sumo 5000 w/ Aldila VS Proto Stiff
4-Wood: SasQuatch 2 w/ Diamana Stiff
Irons: AP2 4-PW w/ PX 6.0
Wedges: Zodia US Spec 52*, Yururi Gekku 57*, 588 DSG RTG+Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style 3.5 or Odyssey White Hot Tour #1Ball: ProV1 or whatever I find!

Hit a 4-wood off the tee on a 211 yard par-3. Hit the pin and it dropped a foot away for a tap-in birdie. Screaming jesus dialed that one in.

In my C-130 Cart Bag:

Driver: Titleist D2 10.5° Aldila R.I.P. 60
Woods Exotics CB4 15° Aldila R.I.P. 70
Hybrids Exotics CB4 17°, 22° Aldila R.I.P. 80 

Irons 4-PW MP-57 Project X 6.0, MP-29 PW

Wedges  Eidolon 52°, 60° Rifle Spinner 6.5

Putter Bettinardi BB12

Ball One Black

Rangefinder Nikon Laser 500"Golf...

nothing recent as not been on a course for a while but,

last year drove a par 5 (miles downhill big dogleg)

playing in matchplay event opponent knocked his teeshot inside 1 foot on par 3 i was in the bunker holed for a half, next whole he canned a 40 footer for birdie i was on in two and holed 20 footer for eagle - he went birdie, birdie and was one down for the two holes sweet.

3rd hole at Cleaview from the tips. 430 yard Par 4, but downhill, but I hit the drive off-center, ended up 215 out. Took my 2h, and pured it with a nice fade (the necessary shape) to the back of the green (235 yards). 2 putted for par.

In the bag...

Driver: Sumo Squared 2007 Model, 10.5, Stiff Shaft
2I: Sumo Squared Hybrid
3I-SW: Nike Ignite, Graphite Regular Shaft60 Degree: Nike SV Tour Satin BlackPutter: Newport Studio Select 2 Mid-Slant 33"Trying to figure out what 14th club to add...

Holed out an 8 iron for eagle this week.
Hadn't done that in a while.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

56* from about 40 yards out. Hit about 1 ft. right of the cup and didn't budge. It was sweet that it was on #18

Callaway FT-9 Tour 9.5* with Prolaunch Blue S| Adams InSight XTD A3 15* FW | Adams IDEA a3 hybrid irons | Callaway 52* X-Tour Forged wedge | Titleist Bob Vokey SM56* | PING Day putter

Favorite Ball: Srixon Z Star X

Home Course: Majestic Pines GCage: 16

Tee Shot sliced right into thick rough. 175 yds out 6i picked clean and dropped on the green 7 feet from the pin, hmade the putt for birdie

Driver: X460 tour- 9.5*
3-wood: 3+ - 13*
Hybrid: BB HW 20*
Hybrid: 24*
Irons: X-20 Uniflex SteelWedges: Colonial 56* & 60*Putter: XG SabertoothBall: GPS-8âIf you are caught on a golf course during a storm and are afraid of lightning, hold up a 1-iron. Not even God...