IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

Impromptu back 9 with a couple friends Tuesday. Got to the 14th and hit a beautiful little 5 yard draw that just seemed to never come down.
Got to the ball and lasered the front of the tee box at 319 yards. The tee it's self was about another 5 yards back from there. Thought my low battery was giving a bad reading so I looked it up on google earth and it read the same thing.
I had a little bit of a helping wind, but even if I gave 25 yards to the wind it's still 300

Still bogeyed the hole

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Fairway - Taylormade R9 15º.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Wedge - SV Tour 56º wedge.

On the #3 360 yard par 4, I hit my drive into the fairway bunker about 105 out. Hit pitching wedge 10 feet from the hole and capped it off with a quick downhill putt and made birdie.

Driver: taylormade.gif R11 9*
3 Wood: cleveland.gif Launcher 13* 5 Wood: cleveland.gif Launcher 19*
Irons: cleveland.gif CG1 Black Pearl 3-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gif CG12 Black Pearl 52 & 58 Degree     Putter: cameron.gif California Coronado
http://twitter.com/BFlynn23

first teebox... first shot... 318 par 4... bombed my drive straight as an arrow almost driving the green... that was my one and only good shot of the day... proceeded to fall apart from there on out
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

I played awful yesterday. I mean, I had serious threats of quitting for good. Changed back to the irons with which I broke 40 twice with. The old clones.

Anyway I'd say my best putt was a hard breaking, downhill putt on the 11th hole. Salvaged a par. To bad I hooked my next tee shot into the pond and lipped my putt for triple out.

played with my brothers again today... after the drubbing yesterday... today was full on revenge... #9 583 par 5... pushed my approach shot pin high on a hill next to the cartpath... pulled 5 iron for a bump n run chip shot since my wedge play has been really weak... popped it low hit the fringe and holed it out for a bird... nice

Hit three chips to within 2 feet during a 9 hole round. This may not sound like much to most, but given the fact that I have rarely gotten clean contact on chips and pitches for about the last year and a half, I'm pretty excited.

In my bag:

Cleveland Hi Bore XLS 8.5* X Stiff
Mizuno MP 650 13*
Halo 22 Deg Apex Plus 4-E Apex Plus Gap Wedge CG15 54 Deg CG10 58 Deg Anser 4 ProV1x

best shot week of April 5-11

a twelve foot putt

It completed an up and down from a bunker from 100 feet away and it was for a very rare par for me on #9.

in the bag...

Driver: MX560
3W/5W: Tight Lies
3i-pw: Pi-7gw/sw: Tom Watsonputter: Bulls Eye bag: Ozoneball: / home: Lake of the Woods @ www.golfthelake.com

• Administrator
I had about 45 yards to the flag, hole high left on a par five in two. I was on the side of the tee, with soggy, matted grass. Downslope was about 30 degrees. There was a chipping (fairway) swale down in front of the green, then I had about 20 feet max of green to work with.

Clipped the ball perfectly. Low trajectory but with some spin. Hit darn near the exact blade of grass I'd have liked in the fringe, took one hope onto the green, bit, and rolled out. Broke right, clanked off the pin, lipped out on right edge and sat two inches to the left of the cup. The ball wasn't moving fast - I don't know how it stayed out. Wind might have blown the flag stick or something.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My best shot last week was a 3 wood. I yanked my drive left and my ball settled in a grouping of trees which forced me to punch out to the neighboring fairway on the left.
What I was left with was about 260 to the pin with approx. a 15 yard window in between trees about 30 yards before the green to re-enter the hole i was playing. I nutted my 3 Wood off the fairway with a nice 5 yard cut leaving me 1 foot off the green in the fringe. I got up and down to save par.
This shot was particularly nice considering it was my 4th round thus far in 2009 (I'm in the North East so golf season just started here) and it takes a while for me to redevelop hitting woods as approach shots.

My Bag 
Driver:         905R 9.5* Dyamana Whiteboard

3W:            909F2 15.5* Diamana Blueboard

Utility:          Idea Pro Black 18*

Irons 3-PW: 690MB Project X 6.0

Wedges:     Vokey Spin Milled 50*/Vokey Spin Milled 58*

Putter:        Studio Select Newport 1.5

Was about 40 or so yards out on the fairway. I grabbed my SW, hit a nice shot, carried a bunker, dropped and slowed down alot, rolled and rolled and straight into the hole. U was not playing great today but after that I was cheered up and played much better.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

the ugliest lie i think ive had in a long time...
ball is sitting right on the edge of a water hazard... next to some tall vegetation...
ima righty and in order to play the shot normally id have to stand in deep water with the ball basically chest high... hahaha... screw getting any wetter than i have to be...
i stood with my back to the green... left foot on the high slope... right foot next to the ball near the water... club in the right hand only... lifted the club about waist high in front of me... popped the ball backwards right onto the green... my brother nor i could believe it

That's funny Flop, I almost had the same lie this weekend. Mine was in the top of the tall grass right at the water. If I went with my regular stance I would have had to take my right shoe off. Because of the curve on the water, I could stand close to normal lefty.

So I flipped my flop wedge around and hit it lefty. It actually went up just off the green. I think it would have been much tougher to get it up that high if it wouldn't have been so high in the grass.

x18 S-4
Lob wedge
Hybore 3 wood
R7 Driver
Shark Head putter (love that old thing)

Not much for most of you guys, but sunk about a 18' putt that really got my spirits up high.

Felt good to hit that one after missing all day long!

In my Nexos Bag

Burner Driver 9.5*
Burner fairway 3 wood
755 Irons Tri Spec S Shafts 585 19* Hybrid w/ Aldilia NV S Shaft 3DX 23* Hybrid Tour 58* wedge CG 12 56* Wedge NCX-Ray Alpha Putter

Today on the 15th hole of my round, I hit my drive into a patch of fescue/long wild grass.
I had 105 to the pin and i took a sand wedge and swung as hard as I could, the ball came out perfectly, landed about 10 yards short of the pin and rolled up to about 3 feet. Tapped it in for bird.

Driver: FT-9 7.5*
3 Wood: Burner 14.5*
Hybrid: SQ sumo 3 20*
Irons: Burner 4-Pw
Wedges: Oil Can 52*, Spin Milled 56*, Spin Milled 60* Putter: Crossbax Blade

Full swing flop shot from about 40 yards with a tuck pin near the bunker. landed softly above the hole and I missed the putt but made par, but the shot was almost perfect and I can't wait to try the flop shot again during the round.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Hit a drive into a lateral hazard on the number 1 handicap at the course I was playing. Dropped and hit an 8 iron that hit the pin and ended up about 6" from the hole. Tapped in for par. What an up-and-down.