IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

Missed the green to the right in the worst possible spot. Severely downhill lie 50 feet from the pin on a fast green with about a 10 foot right-to-left swing once it gets on. Not a lot of green to work with. Needed to get it up high and soft, but the lie made it really difficult. I picked the best landing area, opened my 60* about 20*, practiced a smooth slide down the slope keeping my hands low after impact to prevent a skull, got up to the ball and executed the shot perfectly. Rolled to 1 foot, pin high for an easy par.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

From about 5 ft off the green, firm chip with 9i up slope about 35 ft, hit pin and dropped in. Would have been rather long if it had missed the pin tho'. Fortune favored the brave that time.

But my putting stank all day.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

yesterday i was playing in a touney and was on the par 3 4th hole and hit a nice little 5 yard draw bout 2 inches from the cup!

then on the next hole par 4 from 109 yards i hit a sand wedge about 15 feet long and spun it back so much that when it hit the pin it just bounced off!!!

Par 5: I hit Driver, 8i, lob wedge... and didn't need the putter. Pitch in from 77 yards. Love this game!
Bag: Flight SS
Driver: 10.5* r5 draw with Pro Launch blue 65 Stiff
Irons: CCi Forged 3i-pw
Wedges: 56* CG12 black pearl and 60* low bounce RTG 900
Putter: i-Series Anser 35"Ball: e5+Tee: Zero FrictionGlove: FootJoy WeatherSofRangefinder: MedalistShoes: Sp-6 II, Adidas 360Scores this year:92 91...

Par 5 18th on home course, about 500 straight over water. Hit perfectly straight tee shot, another 5w shot to about 50yd. Lined up the wedge and hit a beauty 12 feet past the pin. Sank it for my first career birdie

I have two that occured in the same round. These might not seem a big deal to some but I never hit any greens in regulation.

Shot 1: Long par 5 and I am about 140 yards away with my 7 iron. Hit it perfect and landed about 10 feet away from the pin. Can't remember the last time I hit from that far and the ball stuck on the green for me.

Shot 2: 18th hole, 195 yd Par 3. Perfect 5 iron shot, dead straight with a nice flight path. Landed about 10 feet from the hole.

Shot a 57 for that 9 which is average for me but finished the final 3 holes with bogey, bogey, par.

Par 4, 3rd shot from about 15 yards off the green. I chipped it and saw it hit the green and it felt good, so i put my head down to walk and get my putter. I glanced to see where the ball was going to stop and it went right in the hole for my first ever birdie!

In my University of Missouri Golf Bag:
Driver- 09 Burner 10.5* M Flex
Hybrid- 09 Burner 22* M Flex
Irons- r7 5-PW, AW Graphite Shaft, M Flex
Ball- Burner Putter- White Hot Tour #1

I love first time birdie stories. I still remember mine: GIR to a 25 feet snake, curled in the putt.

My best shot this week: Set up to hit a slight draw down the left side on a dogleg left par-5. Overcooked it a tad and ended up at the tree line on the left. When I finally found my ball it was in some thick brush with a log a few feet in front and a tree right behind it. I moved the log out of the way, practiced a tricky, abbreviated back swing, and hacked it out to an excellent layup area some 60 feet away. I have a tendency to stab at it with hands only when the back swing is so short. I still tried to maintain some body pivot and acceleration from the top and the contact was nearly perfect (also at about a 70 degree downward angle!)

It set up an 180 yard uphill 6-iron for a GIR right in the middle.

I also chipped in for bird a few holes later, but that shot was part luck, since I had to land it well in the weedy fringe and roll it down a hill. There's no way you can figure out how it will handle that kind of fringe consistently. Quick fist pump, move on to the next hole....

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

This was a meaningless shot, but it was fun anyway.
Just happened to get my billhooks into a 5-iron that rolled out to 195. (Normally my 5-iron goes anywhere from 160 to 185 depending on how well I make contact.)

Got all of this one on the sweet spot and delivered a nice draw flight, (Been battling the pulls recently.) maybe a bit overcooked draw, but it finished up the side of the little target green mound in front of the 200 sign. Wish I'd actually been aiming for that.

McGolf-Doggie's stand bag & new and used club emporium:
Putter :ping: 1/2Craz-e | Irons :TaylorMade: RAC MB, 4i-PW (DG S300) |Wedges :Cleveland: SW&LW 56*DSG+RTG; 60*/4* DSG+RTG |Woods :Cobra: S1 5W; Adams TIght Lies 3W |Driver :TaylorMade: Burner 9.5 Fujikura Reax S | Maxfli Practice

I dunked one today. Rainy day at Saxon woods. In the woods on par 5 17th, carved one out to 147 yards. I decided on full 9i. The shot was nice and high right at the pin. I could see the flag but not the hole so when I heard the "clank" of my ball hitting the pin I had to try not to get excited until I got up there. I figured it probably knocked my ball off the green.

I got up there and it was in the cup, and there were no pitch marks anywhere near the hole. ...Pumped..
Bag: Flight SS
Driver: 10.5* r5 draw with Pro Launch blue 65 Stiff
Irons: CCi Forged 3i-pw
Wedges: 56* CG12 black pearl and 60* low bounce RTG 900
Putter: i-Series Anser 35"Ball: e5+Tee: Zero FrictionGlove: FootJoy WeatherSofRangefinder: MedalistShoes: Sp-6 II, Adidas 360Scores this year:92 91...

9 foot putt for birdie on #12. My first birdie on my home course since 1994.

The 29 footer to save bogey on #18 was pretty good too.

in the bag...

Driver: MX560
3W/5W: Tight Lies
3i-pw: Pi-7gw/sw: Tom Watsonputter: Bulls Eye bag: Ozoneball: / home: Lake of the Woods @ www.golfthelake.com

I snap-hooked my tee shot into trouble on a big dogleg-left par 5. After getting my ball back in the fairway on my second, I still had 215 yards to a back pin position for my third shot. I pured my 4-wood to 25 feet, hole high, and two-putted for par.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

played horrendous today but even in a terrible round i had a few shots worth mentioning...
best one after i duffed a teeshot was a 3w that flew the water and landed on the green about 230 yrds away
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

My shot of the week came today on the 18th hole. 417 yard par 4, I hit my drive to 136 out. The green is slightly elevated with a deep bunker right in front of the flag. I hit a perfect shot and it was tracking. I couldn't see the bottom of the flag, but I knew it was close. I pulled up the green and saw it sitting 5 inches from the cup. Yay.

I bladed a sand shot right into lip of the bunker. The ball shot up in the air and landed 12' from the hole and rolled up to 3'. I said to myself, "Sometimes the golf gods smile on you". I yanked the 3' putt and then said, "Sometimes they don't".

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I bladed a sand shot right into lip of the bunker. The ball shot up in the air and landed 12' from the hole and rolled up to 3'. I said to myself, "Sometimes the golf gods smile on you". I yanked the 3' putt and then said, "Sometimes they don't".

Funny how that happens ain't it.

Bet you won't forget it soon though.

McGolf-Doggie's stand bag & new and used club emporium:
Putter :ping: 1/2Craz-e | Irons :TaylorMade: RAC MB, 4i-PW (DG S300) |Wedges :Cleveland: SW&LW 56*DSG+RTG; 60*/4* DSG+RTG |Woods :Cobra: S1 5W; Adams TIght Lies 3W |Driver :TaylorMade: Burner 9.5 Fujikura Reax S | Maxfli Practice

My best shot of the week is a Par 4 - 344 Yards .

It has a very narrow fairways with lost ball hazard on the left and right. The greens is elevated about 25 yards and it has 3 tiers. It also had 2 bunkers guarding at the front and left side of the green.

I remembered i scored 2 times of 10 here .

I play it safe today where i use a 4 iron to tee off . My ball landed on the left side of the fairway and has 40 yards to the pin. The Pin is on the back - the 3rd tier and it has less than 5 yards to the left and back apron. If you miss the green here , you will be in the bunker or rough.

I pull out my 8 Iron ( adding 10 yards to the distance since it is a pin back ) and go for the pin.

I hit a solid shot and have the ball landed and stop 4 ft to the pin . If i am short of 2 yards , my ball will roll down hill on and ended the other side of the green.

I birdied the hole.

What I Play:
913D3 9.5°Diamana Kai'li 70 Stiff  "C3" | 910F 15°, Diamana Kai'li 80 Stiff "D2" | 910H 19°,  Diamana Kai'li for Titleist 85 Hybrid Stiff | Titleist 714 AP2 4 to P Aerotech Steelfiber i110 S | SM4 Vokey 50.12, 54.14 & SM5 60.11K| 34" Edel Umpqua + 40g Counter Weight