IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

I can tell the best shot I saw all week, I was playing with a friend and I was about 10' for a birdie on a 4 hole carry over on a par five and the guy I was playing with hit his second shot to about 45 yards to the right of the green and it was a horrible lie and all down hill.

The friggin guy chipped in for an eagle and I made the putt and lost the hole.

I was ridiculous.

Keep it on the short grass.

Wednesday, Par 4, 1st hole, 3 iron off the tee, left myself about 180 away from the right of the fairway, took out a 4 iron, hit it with some fade, left it about 3ft away from the pin.
In My Bag:
Driver: Cobra F Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
3 Wood: Cobra F Speed 15°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
Irons: Cobra 2300 I/M 3-PW
Wedge: Cobra M 54°Putter: Yes! SophiaBall: TaylorMade TP Red

YESTERDAY... 20 mph winds all day

1st hole tall fade into the trees.... 2 groover 5 iron that limps onto the front....18-20 footer drops for a birdie...

2nd hole perfect bomb down the middle left me 210-215 to the flag ( middle ) into left to right and slightly into me head wind.... center of the fairway with a hanging lie and a 3 iron in hand.... PURED IT.....lands flag high 8' right and releases leaving me 20 foot for the birdie...3 PUTTED

10 hole.... 300 yard drive with the big bounce and maybe a slightly helping wind.... must have been a turtle in the fairway.... had 95 left to the hole... 58* to 12' make the slider for a birdie

18th hole.... 290 drive (slightly helping again) leaves me 110 slightly uphill to a right center pin... 55* cg 10 is all over it.... gave it the old " be the right club today..." and bounces and then we hear a rattle and see the flag shake.....COULD IT BE????... no but it did leave me a 1 foot birdie to end the day....

no i didnt shoot 2 under.... more like 8 over.....those 4 were the only greens i hit all day... but i only had 26 putts so that's good, at least i was getting up and down most of the time

This past Sunday. Par 5 - hit a good drive, then a decent second shot with my 4i hybrid. Third shot was a little pitch from about 15 yds that caught the break just right and curved in for an eagle. First eagle ever!! :)

• Administrator
Played at Eagle Sticks yesterday. My best shot came on a short par four. The hole measured 350 yards with a good dogleg right. I hit a large cut off the tee with my driver, into the wind, and over-cut it just a teeny bit into the right rough. Almost exactly what I wanted.

At any rate, the green was shaped like a light bulb with the fat end towards the front and the "screw" part towards the back where the pin was. I was coming from about a 45 degree angle and had just under 100 yards left from the rough.

I took an 8-iron and landed it just short of the green, probably only hit it 70 yards or less. As I planned, the ball didn't have much spin on such a short swing and out of the rough, and it bounded on and followed first one slope and then another one, feeding all the way back to about eight feet from the hole.

Had I tried to fly it at the pin with a wedge, I'd have had about +/- three yards to stop the ball, the back area was that small. I made the birdie putt.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

it wasn't my shot but Vijay's shot today from 190 out in the rough in the rain and put it straight in the cup and holed it!

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

#17 at Nile yesterday, 305 yard par 4. I sliced my tee shot into a hazard down the right hand side. I took my drop and had about 125 out of the rough uphill to a severely elevated green. I dead aim with 9 iron, stuck it in there to a foot and tapped in for par. Best approach shot I've hit in a long time.

Titleist 907D1 10.5°
Titleist 906F4 15.5°
Titleist 906F4 18.5°
Wilson Staff Pi5 3-P
Titleist Vokey 56.14Cleveland CG12 60°Scotty Cameron Newport Two

Number 13 at Fox Run this morning, a 420 yard par 4. I hit my drive down the left side, about 230-ish yards, not bad considering the wind was in my face. I then had about 180 yards to go, decided I'd take my four iron and aim for the fat part of the green, since the pin was tucked behind a trap on the right...so I'd fire at the pin and let my draw carry it over to the fat. Well, for some reason it went dead straight as a missile...landed about a foot from the hole. The first time in a while that firing directly at a sucker pin actually paid off...
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Played in a scramble yesterday. Came up to the 8th hole 323 yard par 4. I drove the green, my ball hit about 2 feet from the hole and ended up 15 feet past the pin. I putted first and made the eagle.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Playing at my local course in a scramble event, on the 18th hole we took my drive which was about 80 yards from the pin, my partener put his shot in the bunker on the right, i stood over the same shot, with the clubhouse full of members watching, hit a knockdown gap wedge which took one bounce and stopped dead about a foot from the pin, it eneded up being the winning shot and my first win in a mens competition !!

18th hole at Cove Cay...155 yd Par 3 over water with Tampa Bay on the left (windy), Hit a 8 iron to four feet of the pin...missed the putt

TEE - XCG6, 13º, Matrix Ozik HD6.1, stiff
Wilson Staff - Ci11, 3-SW, TX Fligthed, stiff

Odyssey - Metal X #7, 35in

Wilson Staff - FG Tour ball 

I played in an employee scramble at Disney's Lake Buena Vista yesterday with my dad, my fiance and my boss. My boss and I are pretty decent golfers, and my fiance is a newbie but improving by leaps and bounds. My dad, on the other hand, is somewhat limited by a bad back and is improving, but doesn't have much distance off the tee and has some difficulty hitting the greens on approach shots. He was concerned he would not be able to offer anything other than a ball in the fairway as a safe option. He had been hitting the ball pretty decent all day, but obviously he could not catch her tee balls when she's getting 70 yards of an advantage and adding 175 yards to a drive on top of that!

Well, we reach a par 5 after missing a makeable birdie putt the hole before. I hit a drive that was around 290 (wind assisted), which left us about 220 to the center of the green. He hit a ball to the 150 marker which left my boss and I to have a go at the green. My boss left it short and I hit a 4-iron to the back of the green, again wind assisted. Well, we had about a 45 foot putt for eagle, maybe a little longer. My fiance went first and I tended the flag. She hit a great putt and left it about 2 feet from the hole...guaranteed birdie. I told my dad to not leave it short and don't worry because we've got birdie in our pocket. Well, he hit a soft putt that I didn't think would make it. Once it hit the slope downward I could see it tracking and new it would be good. I pulled the flag out and knew it was going in. It hit right in the dead center of the cup for eagle! I know that's something he's going to take with him for a long time and it was great to be there with him while he was down on vacation.

We ended up shooting 66 and finished 5th place overall. Not bad and I'm sure we'll still be talking about that putt 10 years from now.

Scott Sandlin
ROLL TIDE!

Driver: Taylormade R7 425 10.5 deg, Stiff
Fairway: Taylormade R7 Steel 13 deg, Wilson Deep Red II Distance 18 deg, StiffIrons: Titleist 735.cm 3-PW, DG S300, +1.5", +4 deg upWedge: Titleist Vokey SM 53 deg and 59 degPutter: Scotty Cameron Santa Fe 33"Ball: Titleist...

Nothing too outstanding this week. I did hammer a drive on a par 5 about 310, that left me just over 200 to the flag. I was a little too close to the right side of the dog leg so I had to fade the ball for my next shot. I tend to draw my irons and hybrid so I tried to hit a real easy 3 wood. I hit it pin high, but dead straight so I was left with a pitch to a tight flag. I missed it by a few feet right, but ended about 6 feet past the flag. My birdie lipped out.

On the last hole I hit a horrible tee shot. Short and way right. My second was the exact same shot as on the one above. I pulled it off perfectly and left myself with 105 into the flag. I stuck my approach and made the birdie.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

My most important shot was my tee shot on the par3 3rd. I was 5 shots down after two terrible holes and my opponent was long and right. My attitude was quickly going down hill. I cleared my head and hit the center of the green. After a two putt par I had made up two of the five.

My best shot was on the next hole. It was a huge drive on the first par 4 of the night. I was about 20 yards short of the green. In fact, I almost hit my mother-in-law as she came back off the green to head to the porta-pot. After a par here I was tied.
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Thanks to my new driver I got my first birdie on a par five on Tuesday. I hit a 275 YRD drive straight in the middle of the FW and hit a 230 approach with my MID #2 on to the green. My first put was superb and had a three footer up hill for a birdie. Best shot of my short three year career! It's nice to see all those golf lessons and time on the range finally pay off!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
In The Bag:
Driver: Nike Sasquatch 460cc 9.5 w/ stiff shaft
FW Woods: 5W Warrior golf FW series
Hybrid: Taylor Made MID #2 & #4
Irons: Tommy Armour Silver-backs
Wedge: 60 Wilson Lob-wedge
Putter: Ping Craz-E putter
Balls: Nike 1

Thanks to my new driver I got my first birdie on a par five on Tuesday. I hit a 275 YRD drive straight in the middle of the FW and hit a 230 approach with my MID #2 on to the green. My first put was superb and had a three footer up hill for a birdie. Best shot of my short three year career! It's nice to see all those golf lessons and time on the range finally pay off!

It's holes like this that keep you comming back. The great thing about golf, unlike almost any other sport is you can be as good as Tiger for a shot or a hole or even a few holes. You can't do that in baseball, basketball, hockey or football.

It's also what drives you crazy about the game. Why the hell can't we do that on every shot?

It's holes like this that keep you comming back. The great thing about golf, unlike almost any other sport is you can be as good as Tiger for a shot or a hole or even a few holes. You can't do that in baseball, basketball, hockey or football.

Man you said it! It's always that hand full of shots that keep me obsessed.

On the up side, when I first started playing i found I obsessed over the series of bad shots and got frustrated and turned off from the game. Sometime in my second year (mid-last year) I had a 180 in attitude. Now I can't help put think, rethink, and over think the hand full of good shots in a round and I can't wait to get back out to try and do it again. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- In The Bag: Driver: Nike Sasquatch 460cc 9.5 w/ stiff shaft FW Woods: 5W Warrior golf FW series Hybrid: Taylor Made MID #2 & #4 Irons: Tommy Armour Silver-backs Wedge: 60 Wilson Lob-wedge Putter: Ping Craz-E putter Balls: Nike 1