IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

This was not my shot, but...

Bubba Watson pounded his pink shafted driver 360 down the middle of number 2 at the memorial yesterday. I guessed it to be 360 when he hit it, but Shotlink later revealed that it was only 358. Shame he didn't get the birdie after that. I suppose Tiger's shot into 18 was pretty cool too.

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

that shot by byrd yesterday when he decided to lay up instead of shoot over the water, it had the super backspin that stuck and rolled right into the hole. Had it missed the hole that spine would of taken him a good 30 feet away from the hole. Put him 2 strokes in the lead instantly. (then tiger took over) either way, that shot put my jaw on the floor

In my Golf bag
Big Bertha Irons
60* wedge
Hi-Bore Hybrid 3
Burner 3wood XLS Hi-Bore 10.5 Driver Putter On the feet Burner Balls

i duffed my driver to the front of the teebox about 5ft away...
pulled 3w and incredible hulked it to withing 30yrds... pulled my 52 wedge and birdied the chip when i thought for sure i was gonna double that hole...
guys i was playing with chuckled at the drive... but thought i was sandbagging after the bird... lol
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

• Administrator
148 yards, downhill about 25 feet to a pin on the front right part of a green.

I hit what I'd call a punch squeeze fade with an 8I. Came off just about perfectly, landed six feet short and two feet left of the hole, took one hop two feet right and sat down. Made the putt, too, which always helps.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Pulled out the driver on a 300 yard par 4 and hit one of my best drives and almost got to the green. Which left me with a simple chip on.

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that.

had 3 really good shots today... but the worst of the 3 resulted in a birdie...
pushed a shot pin high next to the cartpath... pulled my 52 and thinned it like nobody's business... got really upset with the shot... it carried about 5 inches... rolled into a depression... rolled up the fringe... onto the green... off the flagstick... into the hole... and to think i got mad for topping a birdie opportunity... lol

Easy 8i from the rough, 3rd shot on a par five, flew right at it and rolled out to 2". I was that close to my first eagle. It was the only decent shot I hit all night.

- Shane

I had two pretty great (for me) shots this morning on my 9 holes before work.

I have been struggling to get my driver both "far" and "straight" and today I managed to get it together for one shot on a 350yd par 4 and managed to leave myself with a small wedge shot to the green. I dont have a GPS but judging by the course markers I think I got it for about 270yds!

The very next hole I managed to knock one in with a lob wedge from some serious rough up to the green to a hidden cup. I chipped it up, knew it was close and didnt find it in the cup until after I had given up searching on the backside on the green thinking it had rolled too far.

Not too bad for a quick 9 holes after about 7 weeks from picking up the game! I'm excited to get out there tomorrow!

In the :
Big Bertha 460cc 10°
SZ 3W & 5W
MX-23 Forged 3-PW
RAC 52°, 56° & 60° Fat Lady Swings AD333

hit a 8 iron on a 156 yard par 3 to 4" :x ... and knocked a 80 yard Gap wedge to less than 3 ft.

rest of my day was pretty worthless.

What's In My Bag?
Driver : Diablo
3wood : Diablo
Hybrid : 3DX RC Ironwood #3 20*
Irons : j36 cb's Putter : Tour Platinum 7081Ball : TP Black LDPHome Course :Lonnie Poole Golf Course at NC State University 74.7/134Eagle Ridge Golf Club 73.0/131

Lucky/Good Recovery Shot #1: On a 160-yard par 3, I hit a 7-iron the perfect distance, but my shot just drifted right at the end to a terrible result: a plugged lie atop a mound, 20 feet to the hole, all downhill, and with no green to work with. I played a little blade shot, trying to just tap it below the equator of the ball, to pop it out of its mark. The ball popped out, dribbled down the mound, and just burned the lip at the finish, allowing me to salvage par.

Lucky/Good Recovery Shot #2: I pulled my tee shot on another par 3 well right of the green. I was hole high with a clear path for a bump-and-run, but a safety net to catch wayward shots from reaching the adjacent road inhibited my backswing. Thus, I was forced to abbreviate my takeaway and accelerate harder through the ball, which made it very hard to gauge distance. Luckily, I got it just right, and the chip rolled to within 18 inches for another tap-in par.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

First shot on par 3 landed short and rolled back to edge of water. With an awkward stance, I pitched it up to inches and saved par.

Yes, it was slim pickings this week.

- Shane

Bunker Shot on 8: Got into the sand on two on this greenside bunker. I try to blade chip because I do not know how to hit bunker shots that well. It hits the top of the sand and rolls back to the same spot. I now do what I was kind of taught last year, it gets on the green and rolls right in the hole. Part of my 82 best round.

Sumo 10.5*
R7 Draw 15* 3W
3dx 17* 2H
Pi5 3-PW
Spin Milled Vokey 54* CG11 60* C-01

Only one round of...well...10 last week. More of a solid hole than any particular shot, but it was my first time at the course. Walked up to a par 3 first hole, about 175-180, I stuck my tee shot to about 8 feet with a solid full swing with my 5. Hit the putt, dead center. Thankfully it was really wet out, otherwise I would have been playing from the other side of the green.

This wouldn't be incredibly crazy, except I have an established history of nerves and missed opportunities on first holes.

been playing absolute horrendous golf lately...
but i had one good shot today...
#13 par3 213... water on the near left and a lake on the right of the hole with bunkers between the water and the green...
5yrd fade with 3h hitting the damn trap rake between the bunker and the fringe... leaving my ball 2 grass blades away from dropping back into a deep greenside bunker...
i had no way of getting any kind of stance and was teetering pretty dangerously...
i faced the hole... heels to the edge of the trap and with a bowling type stroke tapped my pw about 3 ft to the hole and got my one and only par