IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

Difficult this time. Played a Winter League match yesterday (coldish day at ~4°C) and had my best round (69 gross) in a long time. Here's the pick:

1st hole, par 4: Chip in on 1st. After a rusty drive, a fattish approach and a rather strong chip through the green, hit a perfect return chip-and-run 7-iron which died into the hole for a par. Had to be a good day after that!

10th hole, par 5: Second shot into par 5. Into the slight breeze. Good drive in the middle of the fairway leaving maybe 250-260 yards to centre of green. Absolutely striped a 3-wood, on the flag all the way from the clubface and finished on the front edge leaving a nice 2-putt birdie.

18th hole, par 4: Approach into last green. Match all-square on last tee. Good drive splits the fairway leaving about 100 yards into slight breeze. Full 52° gap wedge, on the flag all the way. Pitches 6-8 feet over the flag and screws back to about 2 feet left of the flag. Sunk the putt for a birdie and a 1-up win.

The beer tasted very good afterwards .

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I was playing a shortish par 4 so took 6 iron off the tee to put it on the fairway got it quite far down but a bit right had about 140 metres down a hill hit an 8 iron really hard and high landed 2 metres away from the pin and stopped. My birdie putt ended up staying right on the lip and would not fall in had to tap in for par.

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that.

The fifth hole at Celebrity Golf Club International is a 230-yard par 3 from the blues, downhill, and with a carry over a hazard all the way to the green. I hit my first shot heavy with a 4-wood, and the ball failed to clear the hazard. With no other option available, I reteed, and swung again with the same club. This time, I caught it just right, and the result was a tap-in for an all-world bogey.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

havent played much the past month or so as I have been studying for my national board exam

The best shot I had was last weekend when I got a hole in one on Tiger Woods 2008 :)

What's in my TaylorMade stand bag:
taylormade.gifSuperfast TP 10.5° Matrix HD6 graphite stiff shaft
nike.gifSasQuatch 2 Steel #3 Wood: 15° Diamana SasQuatch Graphite
cobra.gifBaffler DWS Hybrid Utility Woods: 3/R 20°
cobra.gifS2 Forged irons 4-PW stiff flex steel shaftcleveland.gifCG15 satin chrome 48° gap wedge 8 bouncemizuno.gifMP T Series chrome 53° sand...cleveland.gifnike.gifbridgestone.giftaylormade.gif

The best shot of my last round ...

I went for the 2nd hole, a par 5, in two. I pushed it a bit and ended up short sided. I was left with a 20 yard pitch over a bunker. I had about 10 feet of green to work with but the pin was on the front right with the green sloping away from me, from left to right.

I hit sweet lob about 4 feet on to the green, pin high. It caught the slope and down for a 3 footer.

Made birdie :)

80 yrds out...
ball in right rough sitting up...
pin tucked back right with 2 traps in the way...
hit a high slight fade with my 52*...
ball checked hard on the frozen green leaving me a 3" tap in par
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

havent played much the past month or so as I have been studying for my national board exam

Sounds like me, I've been playing a lot of T.W. 2008 in the last few weeks. Anyone ever play T.W. online with each other from on here?

Chipped in from 30 yards away for eagle, aimed slightly left and opened up the club face slightly, the ball landed and checked right and rolled in center cup.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Until today, I had never felt confident enough in my driver to use it on course. I had really lousy ball striking today, topping most shots. But ball striking recently was much improved, so I went ahead and used driver for the first time today. Had several nice solid 250+ yard drives. The best of them came on a short 300 yard par 4, where I left myself a 30 yard pitch from just off the fairway. Bladed the PW pitch, but the ball rolled straight to the front of the green. A surprisingly good 8i chip left me with a 1 foot slightly uphill putt with no break. That was an easy par putt to convert.

Felt great hitting the driver so cleanly. But in the future, I'm not going to hit driver on a 300 yard par 4. There's no point leaving myself with a tricky pitch shot when I could tee off with something a bit shorter and leave myself a full PW, 9i, or 8i distance.

My beloved Pinke Gin:

G15 woods (1, 3, 5, R flex, Nike VR grips)
VR split cavity (3-PW, DG S300)
VR wedges (54-12, 60-6, DG S400) White Hot Tour #1 putter e6 golf balls

Yesterday December 26, 2009, A Hole In One on a par three 137 yard hole at Twin Brooks GC, St Petersburg, FL. I was playing a tune up round with short irons and wedges. Hit a soft 8 iron off the tee, a nice high lofted ball that hit the green in line with the pin. I looked down for something at that moment. When I looked up the ball was gone. I figured it rolled completely across the green and off the other side. Walked to the green and looked down the bank behind it, no ball. Strange, I thought, so when I looked in the cup, there it was. I picked it up and for a second didn't realize I was finished with the hole. Really unfamiliar territory for me. But I like it!

It ain't bragging if you can do it.

Taylor Made Burner '09 8.5* UST Pro Force V2, Mizuno F-60 3 wood UST Pro Force V2, Mizuno MP-68 3-PW  S300, Bobby Jones Wedges S and L, Nike Ignite 001, Leupold GX-II

Chipped in from about 40-60 feet, it was for par, but seeing as I usually shoot 110+, I was so excited to get the ball in from that distance haha. Also had a few 10-20 foot putts that fell...just wish I could drive, pitch, and hit my irons consistently haha, its like the only thing that saves me is 1-2 putting everything.

almost got an ace yesterday on a 181 par3 pin tucked in the back middle... 4w hit the middle of the green... rolled to the flag... bounced off and went 2ft to the right...

today my only decent shot was a 3h right at the flag...

one of these days one of these shots has got to go in
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Finishing hole at our home course is a big dogleg right par five. Rarely does anyone get home in two. Off the tee I pushed my tee shot right of this big tree at the dogleg corner and ball ended up in a hazard. I took my drop and proceeded to hit a 3 wood 245 yards to an elevated green. Lipped out the birdie putt. Par from no mans land.

Was playing at a course i had never played before. Par 5 pushed my drive out to the right, had to punch out straight sideways from a tree then hit 5 hybrid from 190m to about 1-2 metres away and made birdie.

If I hit it right, it's a slice. If I hit it left, it's a hook. If I hit it straight, it's a miracle.

Hi,

I'm new to this forum, and back playing golf after about 5 years, and back then I never really 'got it'. Now, I'm starting to groove a decent swing, and am feeling increasingly confident.

Today on a course near me called Aldenham I nailed a 5 wood 6 feet stiff on a 208 yard par 3. The flight and penetration of it will push me on for a long time! You can't beat that feeling can you.

I stroked in the second for a birdie, and a smile for the rest of day.

Driver: Launcher 10.5°
3-Wood: Launcher 15°
5-Wood: Launcher 19°
Hybrid: Baffler TWS 20°
Irons: CG7 4-PWWedges: CG15 Black Pearl 52.10 58.12Putter: Rossa Kia Ma MonacoBalls: e6+