IGNORED

Thank you for letting me in the group

golfintheworld
Note: This thread is 2635 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My name is Paul Harrington. I want to say hello. My forte is shot making. It's what I teach in my You Tube series and what I enjoy discussing among fellow golfers. i love talking golf because its a Game Of Learning Failure and every round has a lesson. I look forward to getting to know you.

Welcome!

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Welcome sir, and thanks

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

20 hours ago, golfintheworld said:

My name is Paul Harrington. I want to say hello. My forte is shot making. It's what I teach in my You Tube series and what I enjoy discussing among fellow golfers. i love talking golf because its a Game Of Learning Failure and every round has a lesson. I look forward to getting to know you.

Hello Paul and welcome to TST.

Golf is many things and typically different for everyone in regards to the many aspects of the game.
While the game is subjective to variations in respect to being compared to other sports, it also is a unique experience for everyone.
The game is played by many on different courses throughout the world and presents different challenges.
One could say, every shot is a lesson, but in reality wouldn't it simply be, "the game is hard?" which is why it is so loved.

In your opinion, "the game of learning failure" couldn't it also be considered, a game of learning success?
I feel too many players dwell on each and every round or bad results or scores, when it is simply a one time situation
and they should move on and enjoy the challenge the game brings.

The game also requires many "shot making" options and every shot could be played in many different manners.
Every shot is an attempt by players to achieve a reasonable expectation of an outcome.

In the many years I have enjoyed the game, I have faced many situations and always look forward to the next.

• Upvote 1

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Hey Club Rat,

Thanks for having me.

I agree that the beauty of Golf--and I defy any golfer to disagree-- is that it is a very personal game. It has the personal pitfalls of wrong decisions and right decisions and the exhilaration of pulling off the shot you can brag about. 

"The game of learning failure" is all about learning from them to create how to succeed on the course. It is probably the only sport where someone in your foursome actually cheers for you when you hit a great shot or sink a tough putt. It's us against the course. 

I love golfers and their stories. We all approach the game the same way--Make today a fun day..

Looking forward to hearing more stories and great opinions like yours.

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, golfintheworld said:

Hey Club Rat,

Thanks for having me.

I agree that the beauty of Golf--and I defy any golfer to disagree-- is that it is a very personal game. It has the personal pitfalls of wrong decisions and right decisions and the exhilaration of pulling off the shot you can brag about. 

"The game of learning failure" is all about learning from them to create how to succeed on the course. It is probably the only sport where someone in your foursome actually cheers for you when you hit a great shot or sink a tough putt. It's us against the course. 

I love golfers and their stories. We all approach the game the same way--Make today a fun day..

Looking forward to hearing more stories and great opinions like yours.

Yeah, everyone is really happy about "beating the course" or having a partner do the same. It's pretty cool.

I like the name "Game of learning failure" because that pretty much sums up my feeling about this game.

For my example, it seems like many golfers don't feel like their swing is at their fullest potential. Even if they generally have swings that feel "complete" when they make "bad" swings where something was "off", they still feel dissatisfied even if the result was good. You see examples of this on the driving range. Tons of people are whacking balls all day and never seem satisfied. I regularly go to four different driving ranges, and see this at all times of the day and week. It's probably one of the main reasons why the game can be so obsessive to many people. They're never satisfied, because bad shots feel like failures and good shots are never good enough.

Also, do you have any particular videos that you would like to share with us?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

No need to thank them. After all they let me in. Their standards aren't that high. 

That :"Game of Learning Failure" bit has a nice ring to it. The next time I blow a shot in the bunker, those words will ring in my head and I'll try to learn something.

And, of course, welcome to TST.

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 11:57 AM, golfintheworld said:

My forte is shot making.

I think "Shot making" would be an interesting thread to start.
Many inquire occasionally about how to on a specific play, but a thread in general on the many types
or sometimes a specific manner a player sometimes is challenged to attempt.

@iacas pointed out an example in "Coaches viewpoints" of play in Newport Cup at Moon Valley
"Players must learn to work the ball on certain occasions"
Most players seldom consider making a difficult shot outside their comfort zone or one considered risky.

Often a situation could make a difference between a win or lost or a great round.
I've always been a gambler per say and throw caution to the wind, just for then fun of succeeding.
While risks can doom a round, a player must not be afraid of their abilities and skills and the option
to attempt a difficult shot and learn from the experience.

Paul, I'll give you the honors to start the thread since it is your forte.

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Well thank you Club Rat and Lihu. I will start the thread (as soon as I read how to do it and get approved). I would like to say that this site so far is the most comprehensive site I've seen and so far the contributors seem to be well- educated masochists :banana:.

I also look forward to learning from all of you as well.

Note: This thread is 2635 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!