IGNORED

Goals for 2008

FIJIGolf23
Note: This thread is 5659 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I take an earlier post back, my other goal is to hit more fairways. Much of my problems over the last couple of years have been off the tee. Some equipment modifications and minor swing adjustments made last fall has given me reason to hope.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Improve my putting on the way to a single digit handicap. I want to consistently take less than 30 putts per round.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

I will play more golf this year!! Last year I had a kidney transplant in May and I couldn't golf until late June. Of course I couldn't swing very hard so I spent a lot of time to improve my putting. So this year I want to improve further on putting, become more consistent with my low-mid irons and just be patient and learn to feel more. Golf is truly a great game and the course is a great place to relax!!

Seeing that its only my second year, i would say stay consitantly in the low 80's, play good in my school tournaments and other tournaments

In My Bag:
Driver-G10 10.5 pro launch blue
3 wood-Burner TP 14.5
2i-hibore hybrid 19 stiff
irons-J33bWedges-:54 vokeyFEEL wedge company 60putter- white hot xg #1ball-pro v1

Single digit index, if only for one posting. I'm at 14.4 now with 34.1 putts per round. I know I can do better on the greens.
Driver: R7 425,  3-wood: V-Steel
3H Burner,  4-pw: R9 TP
SW: Vokey, 56-10
Putter: Cameron

Uhm, guys... If I met my goal for 2008 today... do I set a new goal, or just cruise out the year?

WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO! I shot a 98!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

46 front, 52 back (with 3 beers on the back )

I guess I have to repeat if a few times for it to be 'true'

Pictures from the iPhone:

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

I am going to spend more time practicing. My handicap went up last year from 7.2 to 8.0 and I played alot of golf, but did not practice. I have already shot a 74 and 75 this year so I am optimistic. Hopefully it will stop raining and warm up soon.

I retired last October so I will have plenty of time to work on my game.

Woods: Titleist 909 D3, Titleist 909 F2
Hybrids: Taylormade Rescue
Irons: Titleist AP-2
Wedges: Titleist Vokey spin milled
Putter: White Hot 2 ball.

Qualify for New Jersey State Tournament.
Top 7 in the conference tournament
Win tournaments this summer.

905R
LD-F 3-Wood
Vokey Oil-Can 252-08 degree
Cobra C Wedge 56-11 Vokey Oil-Can 260-08 degree Scotty Cameron Newport 2 35'' Pro V1x

I'm going to practice as much as I can, especially my short game and accuracy with my irons, and my goal is to get my handicap in single digits.
In the blue and tan grom Bag:

Driver r7 460 10.5*
Fairway Woods '07 Burner 15* and 18*
Irons 4-PW r7 XDWedges 47*, 52*, 58* CG14,Putter TiffanyBall One Tour D

I want to see how far I can take my golf game. Last time I played seriously; 10 or 12 years ago; I was a low single digit handicap. Back then I hated practicing my short game; so now I want to see how far I can take it... get my pro card if possible. I'll never do it for a living, just want to push my game.
In Le Bag:

Driver: Burner 420 (circa 2002)
3-Wood: Original Bubble Burner (circa 1998)
5-Wood: noneHybrids: noneIrons: Silverscot Forged TourWedges: SV Tour BlackPutter: Black Series i #1Bag: Edge

1. Reduce three putts. I have at least 5 3 putts every round.
2. Straighten out my driver. I snap hook it so hard sometimes that I swear I should quit.
3. Get better with my 3 iron. I used to love it, but now its an enemy.
4. Get shots from 0-140 yards out within 20 feet consistently.
5. Break into the 70's every time.

Driver Launcher 7.5 YSQ Xshaft
2Hybrid Rescue Hybrid 17*
Irons Tour Preferred 3-PW
Wedges Vokey 52*
Wedges Vokey SM 60*Putter Abaco 33"Ball TP/Red/LDP or Penta TP

My goals are to move the ball forward once on every swing with my irons. And to get tripple diget yardeges with everything with more loft than my putter.

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Fairway - Taylormade R9 15º.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Wedge - SV Tour 56º wedge.

Consistency.

Plain and simple. That's what separates tour players from amateurs.

In My Bag:

Driver: R7 460
5w: Bah!
3w: F Speed LDHybrid: CPR3 3iIrons: Acer XK High Trajectory 4-PWWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 52* 54* 60*Putter: Daytona CGBBall: One Platinum Tour ix

Note: This thread is 5659 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!