IGNORED

My Swing (woodzie264)

woodzie264

34 minutes ago, iacas said:

I mean, did you visit the page and fill it out?

For example:

image.png

I looked at it after my response to you and realized you provided it

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

I looked at it after my response to you and realized you provided it

So what did it say?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

15 minutes ago, iacas said:

So what did it say?

I meant that I saw how the SG table worked. I didn’t fill it out (if that’s what your asking) since I don’t annotate length of putts. But, seeing how the SG is determined, I’ll start.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

• Administrator
1 hour ago, woodzie264 said:

I meant that I saw how the SG table worked. I didn’t fill it out (if that’s what your asking) since I don’t annotate length of putts. But, seeing how the SG is determined, I’ll start.

Can you remember your round?

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

13 hours ago, iacas said:

Can you remember your round?

5E997B0B-6308-48AA-B9F5-4AE885A0180A.jpeg

as best I can estimate. Again, I’ll start writing them down moving forward. I’d be interested to see how things progress. I appreciate the tools

• Thumbs Up 1

-Jonny

1 hour ago, woodzie264 said:

5E997B0B-6308-48AA-B9F5-4AE885A0180A.jpeg

as best I can estimate. Again, I’ll start writing them down moving forward. I’d be interested to see how things progress. I appreciate the tools

Nice! You said your lag putting has improved, but I bet your start lines have, too. Seems like you’re making more putts inside 6’ than you were at Royal New Kent.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

I'm somewhat dubious of their numbers (2.16 from 20 feet?), but still, you gained strokes on your handicap, it says.

1 minute ago, billchao said:

Nice! You said your lag putting has improved, but I bet your start lines have, too. Seems like you’re making more putts inside 6’ than you were at Royal New Kent.

Easier to let the face return to where it was with a good, fluid, relaxed putting stroke.

9 minutes ago, billchao said:

well, for #1, I was very nervous playing with guys for that first time and that generally shows up in my putting...so while I normally don't 3-putt 5 times with an additional 4-putt, it's not surprising to me when I putt that way when I'm nervous. Putting is my most inconsistent part of the game. My buddy and I play for a bragging rights trophy couple of times/year & I struggle with my putting on those rounds (but on rounds that "don't matter").  I think I need to learn to "enjoy/embrace the pressure" as well as improve my technical skills to minimize that ridiculousness. 

8 minutes ago, iacas said:

I'm somewhat dubious of their numbers (2.16 from 20 feet?), but still, you gained strokes on your handicap, it says.

Easier to let the face return to where it was with a good, fluid, relaxed putting stroke.

True & my swing was more fluid, not stabbing at the ball, which I found immediately helpful for distance control.

-Jonny

2 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

well, for #1, I was very nervous playing with guys for that first time and that generally shows up in my putting...so while I normally don't 3-putt 5 times with an additional 4-putt, it's not surprising to me when I putt that way when I'm nervous. My buddy and I play for a bragging rights trophy couple of times/year & I struggle with my putting on those rounds (but on rounds that "don't matter").  I think I need to learn to "enjoy/embrace the pressure" as well as improve my technical skills to minimize that ridiculousness. 

Yes, well I did try to get it in your head that there was nothing to be nervous about. I’m sure you realized that we’re all a bunch of clowns 😜

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

1 minute ago, billchao said:

Yes, well I did try to get it in your head that there was nothing to be nervous about. I’m sure you realized that we’re all a bunch of clowns 😜

DB7EDDC5-B21A-489E-9343-6A4B8487B35D.gif

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

DB7EDDC5-B21A-489E-9343-6A4B8487B35D.gif

C'mon, that's completely ridiculous Scott.

We played in a foursome just like everyone else.

• Funny 2

First day using it. Some strokes were intentionally “off” as I was trying see how to change the numbers. Interesting. With some work, I think this will most definitely improve my consistency at each length of stroke

5812491F-335A-4A2C-8230-E881F45B8F4D.jpeg

F67A5C56-D076-4C61-8952-CE65AB015698.jpeg

6497B8DE-FAA5-49E9-93F3-9AF6313484F9.jpeg

@iacas, I should be closer to 1.8:1 on all of these?

• Thumbs Up 1

-Jonny

• Administrator

It depends highly on the numbers themselves. I like the times. At smaller numbers the ratios can fluctuate quickly.

Better today in the office with my consistency and learning how to adjust how big of a pendulum to make for various putt lengths. Most of the putts recorded in the session were done at 30ft. Still sizable variations in backstroke times, but I honestly think some of the variance was due to me making adjusts to length of pendulum arc to get distance right.

BF8F1A40-8396-48BC-9BD1-78338297B5FB.png
DC1F1EB1-6CBC-4161-BBEE-F9AC039C6BBE.png

C26FD61A-1B6D-4BFE-96EB-F97F127DCB39.png

9CAC2406-D513-48D4-BFB8-FF1BA0FEC43D.png

921333BD-4735-4E0D-A894-514A369A5404.pngA4378866-A9AC-484C-AA51-585A6752CA31.jpegABE2E968-09FD-48F6-AFE7-552DD00D7528.jpeg

-Jonny

• Administrator

FWIW you can adjust those green bars to be reflective of what you find to be your putting style.

The defaults are just what they assume to be "good" but I find them to be a bit too broad in some cases, and too high for tempo (2.2 is veeeeerrrrrrryyyyyyyy slow).

5 minutes ago, iacas said:

FWIW you can adjust those green bars to be reflective of what you find to be your putting style.

The defaults are just what they assume to be "good" but I find them to be a bit too broad in some cases, and too high for tempo (2.2 is veeeeerrrrrrryyyyyyyy slow).

not what great is, but my comfortable BS/FS ratio is 1.7-1.9 and my goal is to minimize that window to1.7-1.8 consistently so as to have more predictable response on the course. I've been looking more at the times as you suggested by there is obviously variation due to length of putt, where as my tempo (metronome pace) is ideally consistent despite putt length, correct? I expect I'm using the term tempo incorrectly, but you get what I mean

ps. With my working on the pendulums, and the Blast metrics, do you still wants to see putting stroke for critiquing or go back to full swing posts while continuing the putting work "off camera?" I'm happy to do whatever you feel would be the greatest benefit 

-Jonny

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

not what great is, but my comfortable BS/FS ratio is 1.7-1.9 and my goal is to minimize that window to1.7-1.8 consistently so as to have more predictable response on the course. I've been looking more at the times as you suggested by there is obviously variation due to length of putt, where as my tempo (metronome pace) is ideally consistent despite putt length, correct? I expect I'm using the term tempo incorrectly, but you get what I mean

Two quick comments:

• Just wanted to clarify something: you're saying I suggested that you look at the times rather than the ratio, not that I suggested that my times were what most people should strive to achieve, yes?
  • The times should stay about the same regardless of the length of the putt (outside of maybe five feet).

If the times are the same, the rhythm (the ratio, what they mistakenly call the tempo) is the same. 0.5/0.3 is going to be the same rhythm and the same ratio every time. But if it's a 10-footer it'll have a slower tempo than a 40-footer.

Remember the "tempo" is the speed of the stroke, as in the putter head speed. A longer putt should have a faster tempo but the same rhythm. More here.

So, yeah, we're gonna have to work to overcome the fact that they basically mess up and call the rhythm the "tempo." The measure of "tempo" in the app might best be shown by the putter head speed at impact.

14 minutes ago, iacas said:

Two quick comments:

• Just wanted to clarify something: you're saying I suggested that you look at the times rather than the ratio, not that I suggested that my times were what most people should strive to achieve, yes?
  • The times should stay about the same regardless of the length of the putt (outside of maybe five feet).

If the times are the same, the rhythm (the ratio, what they mistakenly call the tempo) is the same. 0.5/0.3 is going to be the same rhythm and the same ratio every time. But if it's a 10-footer it'll have a slower tempo than a 40-footer.

Remember the "tempo" is the speed of the stroke, as in the putter head speed. A longer putt should have a faster tempo but the same rhythm. More here.

So, yeah, we're gonna have to work to overcome the fact that they basically mess up and call the rhythm the "tempo." The measure of "tempo" in the app might best be shown by the putter head speed at impact.

• yes, understood
  • correct, understood
  • yes, understood

thanks!

did you see my ps on previous post or did you respond before I made the edit?

-Jonny