IGNORED

My Swing (woodzie264)

woodzie264

4/12/20 - did 10mins it so of slow takeaways with club head back, hands in...then taking club up to A6.

As mentioned in 5min Challenge thread, not sure if it’s unchangeable stiffness/ROM loss from my left shoulder replacement vs I’m being a wussy-pants and just inflexible, but I have a really hard time keeping my left elbow straight as my left shoulder comes up to A6. It’s like my shoulder won’t get any higher so my elbow is flexing to compensate. Anyways, something to work at...won’t accept it as ROM loss at this point. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

(edited)

4/13/20 - Hands in, club head back

Ignore my first shank in the DTL 🤫
@iacas, thoughts? 

looks like my right elbow isn’t getting in front of me in downswing...need to hit that drill some more I guess.  That said, not sure if that elbow is flexing any earlier Which is what you had recommended I work on

Edited by woodzie264

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

4/14/20 - hands in, club back

-Jonny

(edited)

Went to range for first time in a while to watch the ball. Hit like carp - worst day in recent memory. 

hit it fat, big distance losses. I don’t get it

Edited by woodzie264

-Jonny

• Administrator

You had targets and a ball flight to worry about, and probably weren't making the same kinds of swings as the ones you filmed.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

You had targets and a ball flight to worry about, and probably weren't making the same kinds of swings as the ones you filmed.

I chalked it up to a timing issue. I would assume with the new changes, while I can hit each ball into the net, I’m sure my clubface angle and everything else involved was off with timing of impact. Whatever the reason, I know Mvmac notes in an older post that Tiger said “if you are uncomfortable (with your swing), then you aren’t improving.” Just trying to be positive and have faith in the process, not the immediate results

-Jonny

2 hours ago, woodzie264 said:

I chalked it up to a timing issue. I would assume with the new changes, while I can hit each ball into the net, I’m sure my clubface angle and everything else involved was off with timing of impact. Whatever the reason, I know Mvmac notes in an older post that Tiger said “if you are uncomfortable (with your swing), then you aren’t improving.” Just trying to be positive and have faith in the process, not the immediate results

Don’t let the range change your practice approach. Focus on the same routine. Do your drills first before looking at ball flight. I’ve had this issue where I fell into just hitting balls instead of doing my practice. It ends up being a crappy practice.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 minute ago, boogielicious said:

Don’t let the range change your practice approach. Focus on the same routine. Do your drills first before looking at ball flight. I’ve had this issue where I fell into just hitting balls instead of doing my practice. It ends up being a crappy practice.

Thanks for the encouragement - it was quite frustrating... prob because I had unrealistic expectations of crushing it dead straight 🙄

-Jonny

4/19/2020 - DTL 

priority piece: hands in, club back

full swing gate drill with far side ball back (swinging out). 

first ball gate was neutral. I hit for another 5-10mins and ended up improving, but this will be something I continue to include in my practices.

@iacas, with regard to my priority piece, I feel like I’m stagnant. I think I’ve gotten the hands in, club back then up thing down. I’m not sure to where I should be bringing the club up  in the A4 position. Can you give me some guidance in that? Should I be steeper? Flatter? I feel like I’m very inconsistent, and I know that will  make your recommendation difficult, but I think I’m consistent because I’m not sure where I need to be. 😒

• Thumbs Up 1

-Jonny

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

@iacas, with regard to my priority piece, I feel like I’m stagnant. I think I’ve gotten the hands in, club back then up thing down. I’m not sure to where I should be bringing the club up  in the A4 position.

Camera angles are wandering out toward the golf ball/target line instead of your toe line.

Beyond that, how about you film two swings in slow motion from great camera angles, face on and down the line. No rehearsals, no pauses, just whatever "your swing" is right now without any real thoughts (one is fine), and we'll go from there.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Camera angles are wandering out toward the golf ball/target line instead of your toe line.

Beyond that, how about you film two swings in slow motion from great camera angles, face on and down the line. No rehearsals, no pauses, just whatever "your swing" is right now without any real thoughts (one is fine), and we'll go from there.

Thank you, Sir!

-Jonny

Alright @iacas, no warm up, just first swings before starting Day 20 drills:

In the DTL view, I think I’m rolling my wrist back...clearly not ready for progression in my priority piece, BUT I think it would be very helpful to me if I knew where my club should be at the top. I’d appreciate any help 

-Jonny

40 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

Alright @iacas, no warm up, just first swings before starting Day 20 drills:

In the DTL view, I think I’m rolling my wrist back...clearly not ready for progression in my priority piece, BUT I think it would be very helpful to me if I knew where my club should be at the top. I’d appreciate any help 

Those aren't swings, those are practice swings 😜

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

12 minutes ago, billchao said:

Those aren't swings, those are practice swings 😜

You mean, I should redo with a ball?

-Jonny

Just now, woodzie264 said:

You mean, I should redo with a ball?

Yes. Practice swings aren't perfect representations of a real swing. For that you have to hit a ball.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

2 minutes ago, billchao said:

Yes. Practice swings aren't perfect representations of a real swing. For that you have to hit a ball.

Ok - I’ll try to refilm today, if not, tomorrow

-Jonny

Eiyyiyi- my left elbow is bent nearly the whole swing 😔 I look jammed up inside 

@billchao, @iacas, While I see I need to keep my left elbow straight, I also feel like my head is dipping too much at start of downswing. But back to my question, I’m wanting to know where I need to be at the top so I know where to take my hands after A2.

If I am ahead of myself, please just say so.  Clearly I have a lot to fix, just not sure what to work on after A2

this is hard

-Jonny

Refer to Day 3 Practice Plan:

image.png.648d22cef46d13911b7d14a718160059.png

image.png.07df396a67cda1019930b4ef8fbbbbe6.png

Right arm getting too far behind you. I've had the same issue. Day 3 drill is excellent for this. 

1 hour ago, woodzie264 said:

this is hard

Golf is hard...changing your golf swing is even harder. 😉

• Thumbs Up 1

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF