IGNORED

Hacker James Backyard Practice Net (and Accoutrements)

Note: This thread is 1934 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

24 minutes ago, Hacker James said:

just messin around with home made Speed Sticks.

Actual driver 317.5 g

Light stick 249.5

Heavy stick  430.9

and can be adjusted as desired.

IMG_20181228_091620448.thumb.jpg.f7d38d80d7c039f22d4b51604076dffb.jpg

not intended to replace the real deal, but experiment before making a purchase ($199)….it works but with caveat. I ended up using four less of the large washers. I don't know the resultant weight yet. The heavy stick uses existing adjustable hozel tip. and M6 cap screw to hold in place and seems secure enough. The white band is part of rubber tee and can be pushed down as appropriate size spacer also serves as sort of shock absorber.  Two different sized washers because of the stepped diameter(s) of the tip,

Edited by Hacker James

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

30 minutes ago, Hacker James said:

just messin around with home made Speed Sticks.

Actual driver 317.5 g

Light stick 249.5

Heavy stick  430.9

and can be adjusted as desired.

IMG_20181228_091620448.thumb.jpg.f7d38d80d7c039f22d4b51604076dffb.jpg

James, you want me to try to weigh my Super Speed Sticks?  I have a club scale downstairs, I can see if it handles them.

Just now, Typhoon92 said:

James, you want me to try to weigh my Super Speed Sticks?  I have a club scale downstairs, I can see if it handles them.

thanks anyway, I just cobbled something together and at the time took to post office and borrowed their scale. No biggie, I will probably buy the Super Speed System if what I have seems to indicate that would be a worthwhile purchase. I know what the real weights are supposed to be. 

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Hacker James said:

Actual driver 317.5 g
Light stick 249.5
Heavy stick  430.9

You're doing it wrong:

image.png

430 is way, way too heavy.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

52 minutes ago, iacas said:

You're doing it wrong:

image.png

430 is way, way too heavy.

as I stated, I know what the weights are supposed to be. The ones shown are my initial ones that I had weighed at the post office and I have as yet to weight the current ones.  You might want to read a bit prior to jumping on a post.

"James"

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Hacker James said:

as I stated, I know what the weights are supposed to be. The ones shown are my initial ones that I had weighed at the post office and I have as yet to weight the current ones.  You might want to read a bit prior to jumping on a post.

I did read what you wrote. 430 is way, way too heavy.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Increased Swing Speed with Overspeed Training - 1st impressions

My 1st impression: Wow!!

Look at the chart below, I've increased my swing speed by more than 10 mph in 10 days with 5 short sessions (I'm guessing about 10 to 15 minutes per session).

Equipment used:

Swing Speed Radar

Two graphite driver shafts with grips, one with 25 grams of weight taped to the end (a large nut), and one with 40 grams taped to the end (this one was added after the first two sessions). I may add more weight later but for now I'm thinking, I'm making progress so, “If it ain't broke, don't fix it”.

One graphite 7 iron shaft with grip and no weight.

Golf mat, net, foam balls.

I based my program off of the video I posted below and here is specifically what I am doing:

Note that before every one of these “exercises” I take about 5 warmup swings at about ½ to ¾ speed.

1. Hit about three foam balls and mark down my highest swing speed (SS). This is my baseline for the session.

2. Swing the driver shaft with 25 grams about 10 to 15 times, mark down my highest SS and my approximate average SS.

3. Swing the driver shaft with 40 grams about 10 to 15 times, mark down my highest SS and my approximate average SS.

4. Swing the 7 iron shaft with no weight added right hand only about 10 to 15 times, mark down my highest SS.

5. Swing the 7 iron shaft with no weight added left hand only about 10 to 15 times, mark down my highest SS.

6. Do step number's 2 thru 5 again but as a left handed golfer, I don't mark SS for these. This is to just balance the exercise by doing it to both sides.

7. End the session by hitting about three foam balls and mark down my highest swing speed (SS).

In conclusion:

I think this has worked so well for me because I wasn't swinging near my potential swing speed. This overspeed training helped me realize that I can swing faster and has started to get me used to swing faster. If you are like me in that you don't swing near your potential, I reccomend you give this a try.

My results so far:

Overspeed training.JPG

The video that inspired me to try this:

The above was a post I made a long time ago.  I seldom do speed training anymore as I don't dedicate as much time to golf as I use to.  However, I have not lost the speed I gained even now a few years later and older (now 61 years old).  My best hits now carry 220 and roll out to about 250 depending on conditions.

(edited)
On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 7:18 AM, No Mulligans said:

However, I have not lost the speed I gained even now a few years later and older (now 61 years old).  

That's encouraging 😉

Edited by Hacker James

"James"

On 12/30/2018 at 7:18 AM, No Mulligans said:

The above was a post I made a long time ago.  I seldom do speed training anymore as I don't dedicate as much time to golf as I use to.  However, I have not lost the speed I gained even now a few years later and older (now 61 years old).  My best hits now carry 220 and roll out to about 250 depending on conditions.

Your speed gain is possibly due to better sequencing which you don’t really lose without practice.

Though I still practice 5 minutes per day, I feel like without the daily routine that I would not lose any speed gains I got initially. 

1 hour ago, Hacker James said:

That's encouraging 😉

Yes, but lighten up the heavy club to a more reasonable level. The purpose is to swing as fast as possible without doing joint damage such as to your wrists and other joints...

If you go too heavy it will also change the way you swing. Read a bit more about the research they did at Super Speed. It’s not like weight lifting.

Edited by Lihu

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

15 minutes ago, Lihu said:

Yes, but lighten up the heavy club to a more reasonable level. The purpose is to swing as fast as possible without doing joint damage such as to your wrists and other joints...

If you go too heavy it will also change the way you swing. Read a bit more about the research they did at Super Speed. It’s not like weight lifting.

True, and that is why I removed some of the washers after the initial weighing at the post office as I have  mentioned a few times now. I have not re-weighed, but it "feels" only slightly more than actual driver. My point was the ability to easily change weights between sets using the same shaft. I realized that the "light" shaft was considerably shorter so that the numbers were not truly representative. The exercise was to determine if a purchase of the real deal is worthwhile. (It is).

"James"

Note: This thread is 1934 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!