• Announcements

• iacas

Visit FlagstickRule.com   03/13/2017

Visit the site flagstickrule.com to read about and sign a petition for the USGA/R&A regarding the one terrible rule in the proposed "modernized" rules for 2019.
NoobSwingz

My Swing (Noobswingz)

62 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, NoobSwingz said:

So right hand needs to rotate slightly to the right?

Not necessarily. My instructor has me with it close to what you have. You can rotate it so the V is pointing between the ear and shoulder to make it a bit stronger     

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Heya fellas, sorry i disappeared for a bit but i havent got to play much and am frustrated with all the changes lol. Im back to hitting around 120 instead of 105ish.....mostly due to fat irons, bad pitches and bad driving. I did finally get rid of my nasty hook with driver. But now im back to great contact and a 50 yard slice. Here is a quick video....i know i prolly need to lower and make backswing a little shorter......am i still coming across the ball too much?

The fade/slicey crap is only with 3 wood and driver

19 hours ago, NoobSwingz said:

Heya fellas, sorry i disappeared for a bit but i havent got to play much and am frustrated with all the changes lol. Im back to hitting around 120 instead of 105ish.....mostly due to fat irons, bad pitches and bad driving. I did finally get rid of my nasty hook with driver. But now im back to great contact and a 50 yard slice. Here is a quick video....i know i prolly need to lower and make backswing a little shorter......am i still coming across the ball too much?

Can you give us a face on view? It's tough to tell, but you may have some improvement with a shorter backswing. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Can you give us a face on view?

Ill try to get one next time im out....i did down line that time cuz ive never checked my target line and i thought that was gonna b my issue.....to me it looks like im pretty close to on line all the way down.......i really thought i was coming across the ball too much and causing the fade there

That backswing is ridiculously long. cut it in half and hit a bucket like that swinging easy. 

Also with the grip posts, it looks like you're squeezing the isht out of those clubs. Take it easy. I could be wrong, you may have the perfect grip strength, but squeezing the club is only wasting energy, and tensing up muscles you need to keep loose in order to turn.  

@Joeyvee it definitely is too long and im working on shortening it for all clubs, not just the driver. and yes i probably do squeeze the club too tight....and probably too tense. im not good at this game and i let my brain get to me and think about stuff too much lol. i did also throw my club one day but that was when i had the palmy grip and dont think i was wearing a glove :whistle:

so im kinda scared now of that happening again! but i will try to relax a little....i know i need to

Post #62   Posted (edited)

so after all these changes i lost about 20 strokes and got pretty down.....then let my friends talk me into "not turning so much" and "dont let ur left knee bend like that." that obviously didnt do me any good.....but im back now and committing to S&T. i know alot of my previous posts were relating to the driver but im not even worried about it anymore. i just want to get some fundamentals down with irons and method....hopefully the driver will mostly fall into place after that long road lol.

so ive done lots of wall drills and got my center turn back to where it should be (most of the time). im not sure what should be priority out of the following ideas (if not something else) but these are what im working on. i obviously still have a ton of baseball in me and/or i just can figure out: weight forward and shaft lean (instead of massive casting!). as of last week i started to focus on either 1 of 2 ideas that seem to help alot with both.....however im not sure if it is a good or bad habit. 

a) not hitting the ball until my trail hip passes it (this forces me to have more hip action, more forward weight at impact, and at least have my hands slightly ahead of club head)

b) keeping my trail hip and elbow "connected" all the way until impact

ive only been doing this for a few days and i got about 12 strokes back from my previous 6-7 games.....with not nearly as many fat shots. they are still there but i think they are mostly when i swing without focusing on the above and basically use my normal turning on top of the ball and casting swing.

any thoughts? and as always, thanks for any help

Edited by NoobSwingz